Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 8, 2009
I had a gas Craftsman blower for 2 years that I liked, but it bit the dust for good. I bought the top-of-the-line 215mph\470cfm Craftsman blower to try...currently have a sizable $$$ investment of Craftsman power tools in my workshop and wanted this new model to work, but it just Didn't! It was very loud, heavy, non-ergonomic, vibrated excessively, hard to start and "weak" in the blower department (nozzle tube restricts cfm too much), Returned ASAP.

I went and Spent equal $$$ on an Echo PB251...WOW, what a Drastically Improved Difference!!!

1.It is 2 lbs lighter and much easier to carry for long periods of time.

2.The PB251 is rated at 65db and is easily quieter than any other gas power tool I've used or heard!

3.It seems to have more real-world cfm power, with a great and simple air flow control head that Really pushes the leaves and dirt from far away.

4.It is very ergonomic and comfortable to hold and use in either hand and handles great.

5.Vibration...virtually No Vibration as it runs very smoothly and has excellent isolation properties from any holding position.

6.It has been very easy to start, warms up quickly (ready for full throttle in about 10 seconds) and restarts easily once warmed up. It seems to have more power than other 25cc 2-cycle blowers that I've used before.

7.It performs it's blowing function more efficiently than any other I've used.

8.All of the throttle, cruise and stop controls are solid and grouped together for simple and effective single hand control.

9. This Echo 2-cycle engine is EPA "A" rated for a useful life of 300 Hrs, the highest professional grade performance rating there is.

10.ECHO puts its money where it's manufacturing is by offering a 5-YEAR CONSUMER WARRANTY on this blower, the best in the industry! But, I expect with the quality of build, I'll probably never need to use it!

I recommend it Very Highly!
on June 26, 2009
After talking with a Home Depot associate about this item, I decided to start the search to buy one. I found the Echo blower on Amazon for $110.00 far below the $169.00 at Home Depot. It works great and is lightweight and easy to start. I also have a Echo trimmer which is equally as good. I would recommend the Echo line to anyone wanting a quality product. To top it off, the Echo's have a 5 year warranty. Can't beat that!
on April 20, 2009
I have own over 5 blowers in the past, all Craftsman. After a couple years, it always breaks down and not worth fixing. When I bought this Echo Blower, I was amaze how quiet and powerful this blower is in my hand. It was a joy to use around my yard. I will be very interested to see how long this one last. Yes, it cost a little more, but the quality is there.
on November 8, 2009
LIke the other reviewers my experience with this leaf blower is excellent.I was first worried about the sound but this blower has a lower tone than an electric and many times the power. Its important to remember its not the speed of the air that moves the leaves its the volume (CFM). This blower has the volume. Easy to start and operate. It also has a balanced design that keeps it from twisting when its blowing full throttle and doesn't suck to your leg like many of the others do. I actually use mine 20-30% of the time just at idle speed. I rev it up when I want to move a large pile to the curb. This is highly recommended.
on November 28, 2009
I've got a couple of acres of gardens and lawn with many large trees in the Berkshires of Massachusetts so I use two tools for fall cleanup. I use this hand Echo PB 251 to blow hard-to-reach and sensitive places such as at foundation walls, small terraces, stone walls and flower beds. The variable power comes in handy with delicate planting beds. Once these areas are neat and clean, I use a much more powerful 8 hp wheeled leaf blower to blow the debris into mulch piles in the nearby woods. As good as the Echo PB 251 is, it is not meant to move large amounts of debris any distance. It can move debris, even wet leaves, into small piles, but it isn't powerful enough to move those piles as they accumulate into larger piles, say 15" or more in height.

But the Echo PB-251 in more than just a leaf blower. I blow out the cobwebs in the ceiling of the garage and the sand at the floor. I blow out the cobwebs around the window frames. I blow out the clippings from my tractor mower after I've finished the lawn. I blow out the trunk of my car. I blow gravel from off the lawn and back onto the driveway. Though I haven't tried it yet, I'll improvise a funnel and blow out the hoses in the garden and the pipes in the pool so they won't freeze over the winter.

At 65 dB(A), this blower is not noisy (but I still wear ear protection). The base can be used as a second handle for two handed control. And so far (one season), it starts every time.

The only annoyance I've found is that it uses a 50:1 gas:oil mixture. My other tools use 24:1 and 32:1 so I have to keep track of three different fuel mixtures in three different containers. Sooner or later, I'm going to forget.

Highly recommended.

Update Nov 25, 2012. After several seasons of use, this blower still starts on the first pull. So I repeat, highly recommended.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2012
I've been a Echo customer for years, I have Echo string trimmers, another blower and aEcho lawn edger. I would not recommend the PB 251 blower to anyone. I bought the PB 251 new in May 2010. It ran ok that summer, not great but ok. Last year (2011) it became hard to start and didn't want to spin up fully. This year (still under warrantee) it went to the dealer. 4 weeks later it was returned with no change, they either didn't work on it or they were unable to repair it. I then took it to a second dealer, over the next few weeks they installed several factory updates and it still didn't run correctly. The factory service rep for this area called me and wanted to know what oil I use in my premix. When I told him Sthil oil, he said that's your problem, the rings are stuck. (BTW that's total BS, there is nothing wrong with Sthil oil, I've used it for years). Long story short the mechanic called me a week later. It was ready, when I asked what he found, he said the ring was stuck but also the flywheel key was sheared and the flywheel had shifted. Echo covered all costs, but guys this is way to many problems for a new blower. Pass on the PB 251.
on November 8, 2015
I have owned this model for 4 years and it has never let me down. Starts with no problem and runs with no interruptions.
on April 3, 2016
Best blower I have ever HAD!!! Starts on the first pull.
on December 16, 2015
I have maybe 20 hours on mine, not even 2 gallons of fuel through it. The first flywheel failed and it wouldn't start. I had it repaired (not under warranty). The second one has been in for exactly 1 tank of fuel and its having the same problem of not starting and making the same noise as before: Clunks when you pull the starter rope and it won't start. The key way is likely sheared again. I've used a lot of echo products, and this thing is the most unreliable piece of power equipment, echo or otherwise, I've ever owned. Spend your money elsewhere, unless you really like the guys at the repair shop. Mine sees gentle seasonal residential use, and I run ethanol free fuel and echo mix through it. I take care of my stuff. This piece of equipment is not worth my money.
on April 14, 2013
Out of all the lawn equipment I own, this is the most dependable. Starts on 1st or 2nd pull everytime. Had it for a little over two years and still gets the job done.