5.0 out of 5 stars HE COULD BE HUGE HERE IN THE USA IF ONLY PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN, September 13, 2011
John T. Borek "Johny B." (Grand Rapids, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
Will Young seems to be traveling the same route as Robbie Williams here in the USA. Nobody knows who either of them are. This new album from Will Young is fantastic. It starts with a jolt. JEALOUSY is kick-ass and the obvious choice to open this album. It starts out small and quiet then builds to a great TRIP-POP dance number. There isn't a bad song on the whole album. I JUST WANT A LOVER is another outstanding song that gets better with every listen. Actually, the whole album gets better each time you listen to it. COME ON, RUNAWAY, PERSONAL THUNDER, SAFE FROM HARM are all stand-out tracks. Will has a fantastic voice and is able to sing just about any kind of music genre there is. While listening to this album many times over you start to hear the influences Will has put into this great CD. PET SHOP BOYS, NEW ORDER, ERASURE, just to name a few. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish he would belt out a number and let us here what his voice can really do. He has done it in the past and is very capable of doing it again. But I digress, this is a fantastic album and should be heard by more than just those over in Europe. It's a pity that he isn't better known here. Seems I listen to more artist from across the "great pond" than I do artist from my own country. Give Will a listen, you might be pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip Pop It Is..., September 8, 2011
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I was never a fan of Will Young's voice and couldn't really get how he won Pop Idol (altho, I never saw the show because it's a Brit show), based on said voice. But with this record, I dig his voice. It goes really well with this Trip-Pop music. I pretty much dig EVERY track. It's just nice, groovy, melodic, music that is a few notches more exciting than chill out. I like chill out but that genre can put you to sleep. This album is like chill out stuff but with more beats and verve. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Young at his best!, May 6, 2012
Troy Snuffer "Cd man" (fredericksburg, va United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Will Young for years and don't understand why he hasn't broken through in the U.S. His voice is different and really stands out on this collection of mostly dance oriented tunes. Will is known mostly for his ballads which he does so well. And this album is no exception to this: "Lie Next to Me" and "Outsider" are two fine examples of his balladry skill. What really stands out on this CD are his uptempo songs. And they REALLY stand out. Wow! From the opening song "Jealousy" the CD starts to take form with a groovy, trippy, beat that permeates throughout the whole collection. It's innovative yet somehow slightly retro at the same time. As the musical theme carries on throughout the collection, it ensures that every song on this CD is worth a listen. He even channels a little George Michael with "I Just Want a Lover". He really is an artist on the top of his form. For me, the album climaxes with one of Will's best songs to date: "Hearts on Fire". Sung like one of his famous ballads but the drums and bass line keep this track moving to a beat that provides perhaps the grooviest song on the entire collection. An incredible song, especially with his falsetto voice coming in. It really is Will at his best! Other standout tracks on this CD are "Silent Valentine", "Losing Myself" (I think we all can relate to this at times in our life), and "Safe From Harm". This CD is consistent from start to finish. And it's Will's most creative yet! Good job, Will!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unknown in the US, but Awesome!, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
Will Young is fairly unknown in the US, but he has been around for a long time. Not many people know this and think that Kelly Clarkson is the original "Idol" winner, but Will was the first Idol winner winning "Pop Idol" in the UK before Idol came to the US.

I saw him with Kelly on American Idol in the first season and I just fell in love with his voice. This album "Ëchos" is one of his best. I personally have all of his records and you can hear him grow through his voice and it is amazing. I just hope that he will tour the US sometime soon so I get the opportunity to see him live. If you like light pop music, similar to Celine, then you will love his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop music at it's best!, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I am surprised Will Young is not better known her in the united states. He has a clear, commercial voice that sounds terrific on the radio. Every track on this album has hit radio potential: great melodies, well crafted, artful arrangements and smooth production style that sounds both contemporary and familiar at the same time. I highly recommend this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will is SOOOO Talented!, January 16, 2014
gardengirl2 (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I love this CD! I would pay to see him in concert here in the USA. And you are right the radio stations need to give Will some real air time!

5.0 out of 5 stars will young, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
What can I say Will young. he is like the old simply red . Yet his voice is so much better. I love listening to his songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, November 26, 2013
M. Stevens "Jovi Fan" (Pawleys Island, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
Excellent album! I've not really loved Young's earlier work, but this album is superb. "Jealousy" and "Come On" are stellar tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
What Can I say... this record is amazing from start to finish!
Not a big fan of his other albums. I'm glad he went in this direction.
It's soo good I cant stop playing the disc

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I was not familiar with Will Young before hearing Jealousy on line and tracking down who the artist and song was. It's a great cd. I look forward to getting other things by him. I'm glad I was able to get it through one of Amazon's vendors since its not available in the US.

Echoes
Echoes by Will Young (Audio CD - 2011)