Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on August 30, 2012
In addition to the awful battery life (I bought it for FM radio, and a full charge will last about 4-5 hours), the stupid thing won't even charge on my laptop, I've tried about everything. IF you can get it to a full charge, there is no way it'll last 8 hours, especially if you use more than the radio.
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2012
The title pretty much sums it up. Don't buy this product. The box advertises up to 8 hours of battery life. In actuality it is closer to 90 minutes, fully charged.

Yes, I have read the part about entering the device into charging mode. It makes no difference.

Buy a used iPod for 30 dollars instead.
22 comments16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2014
Won't waste your time. Why? Because time is valuable.

Was excited to get such a great deal on this MP3. It lasted one day. Dead. No power. Would not charge. Nothing.

A major electronics store with large national presence told me my return was nothing new.

POS. Spend $20 more and get a SanDisk. You will regret buying this...
on February 11, 2014
I have had nothing but trouble with this. It needs to be recharged every 2 hours at most, so it's hard to go anywhere with it. Half of the time, when I turn it off, it will not save the spot I was at, so I have to search for it. And now it just erased all the files listed by artist. It is more trouble than it's worth. Look for something better.
on July 18, 2014
This is a piece of you-know-what! Won't update the song list by artists. Dumps everything in the "all" file so you have to search for what you want. Puts the songs (that you can get to update) in ALPHABETIC order, sometimes mixes up the names of the songs w/the actual songs. One word...DON'T!!!
on June 21, 2014
Bought this a week and a half or so ago because I lost a Kubik EVO. Which I LOVED. This
piece? Not so much. I have been having the same battery issues as with the other reviews.
On top of the power button only working when it wants too, the music randomly stops during playback.
And I'm pretty sure it's just died on me. I will keep playing around with it for a while in the hopes that this little hack job of an MP3 player can make it longer than a week and a half, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Plus, if you have a memory card installed, you cannot access through the main directory. You have to scroll through, select card directory, etc.
I enjoyed the sound through headphones, but that was about it for this guy. Even the USB lead in is WAY too short to charge from a desktop. Just hangs there. Way to risk damaging your own product.
Not recommended. At least I picked up a 16 gig SD card when I got it so I have SOMETHING out of the deal.
on May 28, 2014
This unit is really bad. Eclipse shamelessly put in one random number generator so every time you turn the unit on you start listening from the same song number. It does not reserve anything in nonvolatile memory so you start from the beginning. If you insert memory chip in their equipment it is in a different file directory and it cannot do the functions you would normally do in the regular file. You only can play and mix the songs within the same subdirectory (album). That is if you can find a way to play them.
They tried to squeeze so many functions in that none of them are found easily. You can only select option functions when you are playing a song (you have to hold the center button to find the functions.) But then you are in an album at that point and it is very difficult to go in and out. This unit is waste of money and especially time! It makes you very upset at the end.
on July 29, 2014
Some time ago, I lost a Samsung MP3 player that I loved to bits despite it having a broken volume button (my fault for dropping the thing, I guess...). Searching for a replacement, I ended up with this Eclipse player. The list of special features was impressive -- in addition to music, it could play video, take photos, and let you read e-books. I doubted I would use all these features, however, and was just glad to have a replacement to play my music on. And it was cheap, so getting so many features for a low price was a plus, right?

You know the old adage "you get what you pay for?" It's VERY true in this case, and this "cheap" MP3 player was an extreme headache for its short lifespan.

Echoing what other reviewers have said, this player has a short battery life. It generally has to be recharged after an hour or two of playback time, so don't expect it to last long on a long car trip. And if you use the power switch on the top to turn it off, it will restart your playlist from the very beginning. You have to press and hold the center button to turn it off without resetting your settings to default -- I had to contact customer support to learn this. And to top it off, the "random" setting doesn't work. If you set it to random, listen for awhile, then turn it off and back on (even using the center button instead of the actual "power" button), it will play the same playlist over again from the beginning. It's not truly random if it's the same songs each time, people.

The player itself looks nice and sleek but feels flimsy. It's very thin and, hence, seems like it would be easy to break. And the clear plastic screen pops out all too easily. The only benefit of this is that it makes it handy to clean dust and debris from behind said screen.

As for the other features? Yes, it can play video, but only exceptionally grainy video. Yes, it can display e-books, but the tiny screen means you only see a sentence at a time or so, and for a fast reader like me this is a headache. And yes, it can take pictures, but like the video it's very grainy, tiny pictures that are all but useless for anything.

The final nail in the coffin is that the player up and died on me about a month ago. It simply shut down as I was trying to get it to play music, and no amount of fiddling with it would get it to power back up or even charge. I expect an MP3 player to last longer than six months, and not turn into a glorified paperweight without warning.

I've never had good luck with Eclipse-brand MP3 players, so I highly recommend that people look for another brand instead of this one. It's not worth your time or money.

P.S. The instruction manual gives you a phone number and an e-mail address for customer support, but I've only been able to get to an actual human once via the e-mail address, and never through the phone number. Don't expect either to be helpful.
on November 12, 2013
Bought a 180 neon series(green) and loaded music on it as well as deleted crappy music preloaded on it. Would sound ok but I have 2 issues: it won't sync to the Sync on my Ford vehicle although Nextar, GPX and Sylvania will (does not even detect it is plugged into USB). Secondly when I turn it off and turn it back on later it always goes to the first song rather than starting where it left off. THIS PASSED R AND D?! Considering getting refund. Paid $19 at big lots for it to replace Sylvania that had broken usb jack. It costs less and worked better than this. Probably would be better off with Emerson and they suck. Thought it may at least be ok for exercise but issue #2 blows that theory. my first and last Eclipse
on January 3, 2014
Good player holds charge for several hours, DOWN LOAD THE COMPLETE MANUAL FROM INTERNET BEFORE OPERATING!

If not the screen saver will not activate and suck the battery dry in 1-2 hours. I found out the hard way. I was ready to return, searched for a complete manual. Works great if you know how to set it.

Instruction sheet that comes with it is worthless
55 comments9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse