Eco ECO-V300-12152 3.5mm Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Black
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$35.21 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 28, 2013
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I bought the ECO V300 Bluetooth headphones to replace headphones that have a list price of $100.
Throughout my life I have spent anywhere from $1 to $50 and all prices in between for headphones. They all lasted about 3 months on average some longer, but all under a year, which is pretty sad with the difference between the various price ranges. It is always the wire that malfunctions. I thought it was me, but I treated all the headphones with care. I thought it was because of the amount I paid for them, so I bought headphones with a list price of $100 that were on sale for $50. First, the audio cable broke, and then the audio port got pushed in after 3 months of normal use.
I was now out of headphones, so I began my search on Amazon for a replacement. Sick and tired of the wires malfunctioning, I searched for Bluetooth headphones. Thinking about battery life and charging, I then searched for Bluetooth headphones with a wired option. I then found these headphones, read the reviews and started researching them online. I already decided that I was not going to buy expensive headphones, especially if I was going to end up with the same results.

About the Headphones:
The headphones seem to be well made and durable. The best part is that you can still use them to listen to music if you run out of battery. Just plug in the included 3.5mm audio cable into the 3.5mm audio port of the headphones. This was a plus, since the headphones that broke needed a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable that was not easy to replace. There is a larger selection of 3.5mm audio cables, so it is easy to replace the wire if needed. This one seems durable.
The audio quality is very good.
The headphones are adjustable when it comes to size and the cushions make them very comfortable to wear.

Bluetooth:

The instructions to pair the device are easy to follow .The hands-free calling feature works very well. The people that I speak with hear me clearly and I hear them clearly. Just make sure that you keep it charged and cut off the headphones if you don't plan on using them for a long period of time between calls or listening, the MIC quality dwindles when the battery is low. The person you are speaking with will hear you, but not very well.

The Bluetooth connectivity range is excellent. Sometimes I wonder away from my phone and don't realize it because the quality of the call is still clear as if my phone is right next to me.
There is a control on the headphones that allows you to adjust the volume, play or pause audio and even skip songs wirelessly.

Bottom Line:

I recommend the ECO V300 Bluetooth headphones; I have no complaints.I love them and will definitely buy more. For the price it is worth it. I wish I bought these before going to the store and spending $50 for headphones that cannot even do half of what these can. I really don't see much of a difference between the audio qualities either.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 21, 2013
Color Name: WhiteProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I bought these headphones to replace my purple Philips Cityscape wired headphones which I loved but unfortunately bit the dust. Intrigued by the idea of wireless headphones, and happy to spend less money than my previous headphone purchase, I gave the EVO-V300's a whirl. I have had these headphones for about a week and have used them wirelessly with my iPad and wired with a 4+ year old Macbook Pro. I mostly use the headphones with Neflix and secondarily with various apps like Duolingo (language learning) and TouchRummy. I typically find headphones to be very big for me but these fit me very nicely. The ear pads at first seemed small but I have gotten used to them and find that I can wear the headphones comfortably for 3-4 hours which is better than my old Cityscapes. These headphones are not as soundproof as my previous headphones. I can hear the outside world clearly when wearing these headphones (less so when listening to something with constant sound like Netflix). The EVO headphones were very easy to set up and pair and had a decent instruction booklet. When using Netflix wirelessly, I feel I get reasonable sound quality. When using with some simple game apps I find there is a small delay. Also when using wireless I notice a whirring sound that I find a bit distracting. I don't notice this whirring sound when using Netflix and I am thinking this is because the sound when using Netflix is constant whereas with games it stops and starts? I really like that these headphones come with a cable that allows you to use the headphones wired. Because the cable is fully detachable and is a very standard type of cable, the cable can be replaced if my cat chews it (the fate of my previous headphones). I have tried the headphones in wired mode with my Macbook Pro and I found the sound quality wired seems better than wireless but having wireless is definitely a very nice feature as there are times when being connected to your device by a wire is just annoying. The included charging cable worked fine for me as well. I have not tried the telephone answering feature or the features to pause and change music tracks. Feature-wise, these headphones have everything I need. Sound quality is about equal to the price.
on August 22, 2013
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I've had these headphones since the end of June, so I think I can give a decent review of them. The verdict: they are surprisingly good, given the price point.

I found it easy to pair the ECO-V300 with my mobile devices. I have a GNote II, iPad 4th Gen, iPod 5th Gen, and Nook HD+. I've had no issues pairing the headphones to any of these devices. However, it will only pair with one device at a time --when turned on, it will connect to the last device that you paired it with, if that device still has BT active. For example, earlier this evening my Note II was on top of the iPad, and when I turned on BT on the Note II, it refused to pair. It took me a few moments before I thought to check the iPad (the last device the V300s were used with) and turn off BT on it. After that, the V300s had no problem pairing to the GNote II.

The V300s have no voice prompts. It uses beeps to give you auditory feedback. I've looked at more expensive BT headphones that do use voice prompts, but I wouldn't buy a pair that you could not disable the feature on. On the V300s, when you hold down the multifunction button (MFB), to turn on the device, you hear a series of three ascending tones to let you know it's on. When you shut it down, you hear a long beep, then a series of three descending tones that signal you're turning off the device.

While the device is on, the small, red power LED light flashes so you know it's active. Thankfully, it's not absurdly bright or super-distracting, which is good for the people sitting near you. When charging, the light goes on as a solid green and turns off when fully charged.

Speaking of which, the charge lasts a good while. I tend to use my headphones in short sessions all through the day, and so far, it hasn't died on me in the middle of listening. It uses a mini-USB charging cord, and you can use any mini-USB to USB cord to charge the headphones (no proprietary charging cord).

If you do happen to run out of juice while using your headphones, yes, you can use a standard 3.5mm cord to make the V300s wired. The cord that came with my V300s was defective, and although Amazon couldn't replace just the cord, they offered to let me return them. I liked them enough to want to keep them, so I was offered a price adjustment (yay, Amazon CS). I ended up buying 2 aftermarket Beats-style cords, and they work just fine (actually, better quality than the OEM cord). They sound fine wired.

Initially, I found the headphone controls to be difficult to use but I think I've finally gotten the hang of it. I don't use this for taking calls on my GNote II, since I found it isn't as reliable for voice calls as I'd like, so I am still not entirely sure I can use the on-ear controls to take a call. I didn't buy these to take calls, however, so it's a minor issue.

These headphones sound warm (bassy), but I like that, and I feel that they are about on par with wired headphones in this price range. No, it's not monitor "flat", but it's not tinny or overly boomy, either. I do notice a slight hiss when turning them on, and sometimes you do hear a very low-level white noise or "beeping" every so often if they are on but there is no music playing or if there is a quiet passage in the music. This disappears when music is playing. So, it's not perfect, but since this is my first pair of BT headphones, I have nothing else to compare them with to see if this is common to all BT headphones.

They are not noise-cancelling or noise-isolating. They are on-ear headphones. Playing music will dampen external noise, but you'll still be able to hear the outside world (air conditioners, people talking, etc).

The biggest plus for using BT headphones is NOT having wires! The ability to wander away from my audio source without worrying about yanking it onto the floor or pulling my headphones off my head is the #1 reason I wanted them in the first place. I get pretty good range, too. I can leave my audio device in the computer room, head downstairs, and into the kitchen before I get it to lose connection briefly. Not bad, since I have very thick, old plaster walls.

These are my on-the-go headphones. No wires, not expensive so I don't worry about them getting broken or stolen, and the ear cups fold flat to make them easier to slide into a bag. They are good enough that I also like to wear them at home, even though I have better quality wired headphones available. It's nice to be able to get up and get a drink without pulling off your headphones.

If I got another pair of BT headphones, it would be to get improved audio quality and the ability to pair to two devices at the same time.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2014
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
I am an electronics guy who owns various brands of headphones from beats by dre to jvc and everything in between, sound is amazing the bass is deep and mids are exact and the highs are excellent, the package says charge time is about 3 hours but it only took me about 1 hours 20mins, I guess it depends on your charging capabilities, battery life last about 6 hours, and believe me that is great giving devices batteries drain very fast. All in all I would recommend these as a great gift under 50.00 dollars, and pairing was very easy.
on October 14, 2013
Color Name: WhiteProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
These bluetooth 3.0 headphones sound pretty good for the price. I am no headphone expert, but I think these headphones offer decent mids even at medium to high volume. These cans are open, so people nearby can hear what you're listening to at high volumes.

PROS: The sub-bass has good grip and body, and the headphones offer full detail, with a preference for sub-bass frequencies. These headphones are an excellent value if you cannot stand wires. The packaging includes a line-in cable to listen to regular 3.5 mm inputs and a mini USB charging cable. These cans also fold flat for portable storage inside a backpack.

Relative CONS: I wear both glasses and a size 7 1/2 hat, and these headphones barely fit my head comfortably if extended all the way. After about an hour of continuous use, I can feel slight pressure building near my ears past my temples. Luckily the cushioning on top of the head band relieves some pain. I am not sure how long the plastic head band may last, but the amount of flex is reasonable. Just a minor annoyance, but the red activity light flashes every 5 seconds. You may not notice it during use, but others will see it light up.

I have not tested the endurance of the battery since I use these sparingly throughout the day. Also, I have not tested the microphone quality yet; I will update the review after trying it out.

I am currently using these headphones with different devices, including my Nexus 4 and Samsung Chromebook. These headphones have no issue pairing to other devices and the last connected device, but I find it annoying when it must be paired to the Chromebook every time it is disconnected.

Overall, I would recommend these headphones to anyone looking for their first bluetooth headphones if they're on a tight budget. These headphones offer great value, for some trade-offs.
on May 14, 2013
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
These headphones have great sound. I bought them ofr my iPad mini so that I could watch videos with no wires. I ran into a problem with my iPad where you can only pair 1 set of headphones at a time to watch videos. What's cool about these headphones is that you can plug an extra set of wired headphones into the side so that two sets of headphones can watch videos on the iPad. You can't beat the price.
on June 20, 2014
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard Packaging
These were a gift for my wife who asked for bluetooth over-the-ear headphones. She meant earplugs that have an over-the-ear clip, so I ended up using these when I don't want to look for my own Bluetooth headset. The plastic used is cheap, and they feel very fragile, but they haven't broken yet after a couple of weeks of use. I had to use the instructions to pair it to my iPad, which generally is fairly straightforward. The sound isn't too bad for what I paid, and you can certainly do worse. I've mostly tested it in games and videos, no music. I haven't had a need to try pairing it to a phone, so I cannot speak to how voice connections work. I'm not unhappy with the purchase (other than the miscommunication in what my wife wanted) and if I were looking for a set in the 20-25 range, this would fit the bill. However, I think you may get better quality for spending at least twice that. It did seem to be one of the better offerings at this pricepoint.
on June 9, 2014
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
The sound is decent in these headphones and the battery life is acceptable. Unfortunately, they only lasted 3 days. The multifunction button disappeared into the body of the headphones while pressing it to turn off. At least it happened in the Amazon return window. Your mileage may vary.
on February 27, 2014
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
These headphones are just what I was hoping they would be. They are comfortable and sound good. It is so nice not to be tied up to a wire. I love them!
Color Name: BlackProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingVerified Purchase
My only complaint about these is that I wish they were a little thinner/flatter when folded to fit in my murse. The pluses blow that small minus away (I could always get a bigger murse). They get really LOUD with punchy bass and crispy treble. Easy pairing. If your flight doesn't permit wireless goodies like BT or you want to use them with a non-BT-enabled audio source, you can use these wired (detachable wire included). They fold flat and are comfortable to wear. Really surprisingly enjoyable.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations