Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

67%
33%

on November 6, 2010
This truly is an ecological calendar, It's so easy to get locked into the way we view time... Days,Months etc.. The way the Romans decided we should do it. But there are so many other ways to look at time. One Stripe shows the Proportion of Daylight to Darkness... Thickest and Thinnest at the Solstices. The tide chart shown at the bottom shows that the period of the tides, has little to do with whether it is dark or light outside. The moon phases of course are useful and intereting to me. You can see when the next full moon will be etc... Not only this you can see in this calendar how the tides correlate to the moon and when the moon is at its fullest, the tides are the hightest... It kinda makes sense this way... You can see what planets are up at night, major constellations, meteor showers... And of course the Familiar Gregorian dates are at the bottom, because we all have to live that way. I don't really know of any other calendar where you can glean so much information from a quick glance. It's really awesome if things like this interest you!
on December 6, 2010
This is not a tradition sized monthly calendar. It is individual, unattached, long horizontal detailed pages for each season. I bought it for my kitchen but doesnt fit or go well; works better for an office, childs room or better yet, a school classroom. There is nowhere on it for writing reminders and such. It is however beautifully colored and full of fun facts and info about our seasons, moon phases and such.
on August 24, 2010
I received four large wall panels, one per season. The calendar is beautifully illustrated and packed with information. My son loved Ecological 2010 Calendar: A New Way to Experience Time so I bought the 2011 calendar. He enjoys being able to track the changes in tides, stars and daylight. Very unique item.
on November 13, 2010
I bought 3 of these (self, grandson, daughter) after seeing it at a museum gift shop.
The drawings and colors are very appealing. I think we will all be learning from this calendar as we go thru the coming yearl
on March 22, 2011
We really enjoy the ecological calendar. My children find it easy to locate and read the information they want. We've learned so much about the seasons, our environment, astronomy and the lunar cycles using this calendar.
on February 18, 2011
This is the second year we've had the Ecological Calendar in a prominent place in our house. I love how it brings so many things together in one place: Stars, Moon, seasonal animal habits, nature facts, etc. I like the alternate names for the months. Four stars because the art is a little funky.