5.0 out of 5 stars Innovate Your Blues Away
Published on January 4, 2012 by David Angrisani

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Points, and Some Ridiculous Ideas!
Listening to the public debate, says Faktor, you'd think we solved all the important problems already. We argue over innumerable topics that rarely are of consequence, and never reach resolution. (Eg. We're still fighting over Roe v. Wade - 38 years later.)

Author Faktor believes our decline began with the election of Ronald Reagan and his sea-to-sea optimism...
Published on December 10, 2011 by Loyd E. Eskildson

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovate Your Blues Away, January 4, 2012
This review is from: Econovation: The Red, White, and Blue Pill for Arousing Innovation (Hardcover)
What a funny, insightful read! Econovation is about freedom in era overtaken by fear and change. Using our collective experiences in this globalized, corporatized, socialized world, Steve takes us on a masterful whirlwind tour of how to break out of our `subjugation prison'. Using wit and humor that are worthy of a stand-up comic, he presents a heuristic on how to unleash innovation in a way that rides the macro-economic waves of the coming decades instead of fighting the tide. If you want to shrug off the business blues, read this book. Heck, even my grumpy MBA-wielding brother liked it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!, December 12, 2011
In less than 3 years China will be filing more US patents than US companies. Our country has lost its manufacturing base, and is quickly losing control of distribution. This book articulates one of the single most important issues of our time. That emergent issue is the role of innovation in the recovery and prosperity of this great nation. This is my new favorite book.

Nicholas J. Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the signal, not the manipulated noise that we call news. Thank you Steve., November 28, 2011
Based on what I have read so far - as an entrepreneur who has founded three companies on two continents - these are the real, urgent issues that we Americans need to be figuring out, versus the endless scares in the financial news which are worthless and distracting drivel. Ask any global-macro hedge fund manager.

Per the book, I would also like to bring up another trend which is that some of our brightest Americans who are lucky enough to have those "scarce white collar jobs" right now are in fact choosing to leave the US on their own... because the US culture is becoming so unbearable and they can afford to choose.

Sure, it may seem like they still live here, but half their attention and cash is long gone. And if they need something from the US, they just buy it, or lawyer it to death.

Very hard to track but a devastating trend I wish we knew more about.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all marketers & innovators, not limited to USA, December 11, 2011
"Confront the brutal facts, delve into the underlying mechanisms causing the socio-economic challenges, and deal with them with passion & creativity. Don't wait for someone else to fix the problems, each and everyone of us can help innovate our way out of this crisis." That's the consistent message I get from reading this excellent book. I'm a Japanese marketer working out of Tokyo, but in today's highly connected world, understanding the US challenges is crucial for global business. Furthermore, there are tons of very, very important insights in Steve's analysis that the Japanese people cannot afford to miss. The additional bonus is that Econovation is a really fun book to read - it entertains and educates, the best combination to get the message across. My only frustration is that this great book is out of stock at Amazon.co.jp and all major bookstores in Tokyo. I want to buy a lot more copies and give them to my friends! Japanese bookstores, you people need to do a better job identifying a gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Get Real, February 22, 2013
David Hill "papa dave" (ELK CITY, OK, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a thought provoking approach to economics and America's future. I found it very interesting that the author could hold to both liberal and conservative ideas at the same time. His anti-government approach is not so much political as practical. Not that the government shouldn't do more but that the government is so utterly ineffective at social reform, while Capitalism is the only force that can actually cope with helping social reform. Message: It is time to stop looking to politicians and government for solutions. We are our brother's and sister's keepers. "We the People" is not Washington D.C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment Ideas, January 11, 2012
The book provided some great investment ideas for me. I'm always looking for insight that would help me allocate my investment portfolio and this book was fantastic. I have particularly been interested recently in finding the right allocation of investment in China and India. Econovation touches on some critical macro issues that get at the heart of where growth will happen globally in the next decade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this to understand the relationships between Economics and Innovation, and what it means for our future!, December 20, 2011
Steve brings brutal honesty to the question of the future of American competitiveness in the global economy. Weaving in his characteristic wit, he lays bare the weaknesses we have today, while offering specific prescriptions for a solution. He also attacks today's sacred cows blocking the way, including Education, Public Finance, and Monetary Policy. At the end, the reader emerges with a better understanding of the importance of innovation to our future, and the impact that economics has on this potential.

As he was born elsewhere, Steve cannot become President; however, presidential hopefuls, hear his message!

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, December 11, 2011
written in a snappy style that kept me turning the pages, the author has formed provocative opinions based on a full spectrum of facts, news, insights and history. i'd recommend this book to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, insightful, and a solid investment of your time, March 28, 2013
Steve provides deep insights, makes many solid points throughout the book and makes you re-think your views and ideas. Highly recommended - ROI wise a high return on your intellectual investment

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun ! as a business novel, January 10, 2012
It took me more than one month to read during day to day train commuting, tea room, or waiting bars. It was great fun to read. My comments are not related to the essence of the book...1) I saw " a mystery fish " in my high school dorm 2) I agree with "degrees in no degree needed professions". For example, some of my old friends started to work since 18 years old have worked for the same profession and respected among the community... Also, I feel as if the government is a key target to innovate, whatever the nation we are belong to... Again, thanks for writing the book and letting me to read!

Econovation: The Red, White, and Blue Pill for Arousing Innovation
Econovation: The Red, White, and Blue Pill for Arousing Innovation by Steve Faktor (Hardcover - November 29, 2011)
$34.95 $24.02