- Paperback: 1051 pages
- Publisher: W.H. Freeman & Co.; 3rd edition (July 1978)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0716700298
- ISBN-13: 978-0716700296
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 8 x 1.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (16 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #670,729 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
The tyrannical fantasies of a madman? Or merely the opinions of the person now in control of science policy in the United States? Or both?
These ideas (among many other equally horrifying recommendations) were put forth by John Holdren, whom Barack Obama has recently appointed Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, and Co-Chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology -- informally known as the United States' Science Czar. In this book Holdren co-authored in 1977, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:
* Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
* The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
* Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
* People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
* A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.
Impossible, you say? That must be an exaggeration or a hoax. No one in their right mind would say such things. [...]
I watched some YouTube video's where this work is discussed by Webster Tarpley and thought that I would obtain this book myself and read it.
My copy of this book arrived a few weeks ago and I spent several weekends reading every word, chapter and recommendation.
I must admit, this is one of the most deeply disturbing, horrifying texts I have ever read.
Simply put, this book describes a future vision for the world that now exists within China; a world of forced sterilisations, forced abortions, eugenics, incredibly powerful central governments, carbon taxes, poisoned food and water supplies pumped full of highly toxic sterilisation agents...the list goes on and on. The book reads like some crazed Nazi fantasy, what is even more horrifying is that it was written and openly published in academia by people such as Holden whom now hold such highly esteemed positions in government and academia.
The environmental movement has morphed into a hard-core Malthusian Eugenics movement that sees humanity as the ultimate enemy of the planet, something to be managed and - where necessary - culled.
If you have ever wanted to know the deepest thoughts of the environmental movement, then this book lays them all bare for you to read.
This book is your wake up call.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would like to read this book, but the price is prohibitive. Was Holdren really proposing that governments sterilise people and enforce birth control or were these things just... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
It's so sad that people like this author are so focused on this world and power and its sad our Country has condoned, encouraged and facilitated 50 + million abortions. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Amazon Customer
Some reviewers are saying '...can't happen..' others say...some are already in place...'
Yes, some are already in place but where did they come from? Read more
John Holdren is the science adviser to President Obama. I think this book give you a look into the way all the powers that be look at us all.Published on June 19, 2011 by Amazon Customer
Per one reviewer's (Sposto) comments (s)he even claims that (sh)he would only allow "responsible" people to reproduce. Read morePublished on June 5, 2011 by Big Don Juan
Oh really Mr. Sposto? is this just fear mongering? Some of the proposed measures in the book have already been implemented. Read morePublished on April 9, 2011 by Maksim Myrmyr
THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN BY JOHN HOLDREN NOT Paul R. Ehrlich! This is a manual for mass murder in global scales. Read morePublished on August 13, 2010 by Oblivion