on June 8, 2011
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
I did not find a specification for this on the product page, so I am pasting it from somewhere I googled it. Otherwise, I am very happy with the purchase, and it is a great choice if you are looking for fluorescent/daylight bulb.

3-Way : No
Number in Package : 4
Returnable : 90-Day
Start-Up Type : Rapid
Wattage (watts) : 14 W
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 3, 2011
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
These are 60 watt equv. daylight bulbs! people who wrote bad reviews because they were too bright or too blue or not warm should have known what they were buying!

I have been using CFL bulbs for about 3-4 years now and these are some of the better ones I used. I put all 4 of them in our bathroom and they are pretty much instant on, which is a first for me with CFL, the soft/warm ones I have used in the past took a while to brighten up, these give you instant light and still get brighter a minute later.

These are meant to be WHITE, not yellow lights, they are meant to simulate daylight and do a good job, great for closets and bathrooms, maybe kitchens, but not really meant for living rooms, dining rooms or places you prefer softer yellow light. You can love and hate these because in a bathroom it will show you a true picture of how you look! Ever put on clothes or makeup in a warm lighted bathroom, then go outside on a sunny day and you look different than you thought, thats because the warm lighting gives you a false sense of how you and colors look compared to daylight, these give you a better idea of what things will look like in "daylight".

They do seem brighter than 60 watt warm/soft yellow lights because of it being a white/blue light. Blue makes things appear brighter to our eyes, so even though its still 60 watts of energy (or 14w in this case) a white/blue light will appear brighter to us than a yellow light.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 2, 2011
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
We were sick of the pale yellow "soft white" lighting that seems to be standard in the US and ordered these, looking for a real daylight CFL.

I have an artist's eye (no, I don't need to give it back--but seriously), and this really appears to give a blue tinted light. Too blue. "Agh, my eyes!" blue. Harsh, man. You really couldn't pay me enough to use these as the sole source of indoor light in a space I actually have to inhabit.

However, when we put one in our dual-light ceiling fixtures with its nemesis a "soft white" yellowy guy, the combination gives an outstanding light. It really looks like a door or window has been left open letting in daylight.

So give that 50-50 trick a try if you want a good daylight CFL and you find these too blue. Works great for us: enough to give it 4 stars with the warning.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 7, 2012
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
These are daylight (5000K) light bulbs. They are not bluish, like 6500K bulbs, nor are they yellow like soft-white (3500K) bulbs or incandescents. If you don't understand the Kelvin designations for light bulbs, I'd suggest you look them up before buying these bulbs and writing a bad review because it's not yellow enough, or something like that.

These bulbs output bright white light. Thus, their light output appears to be greater than a comparable "soft white" bulb. These 14W CFLs put out the same amount of perceived light as a 23W soft white CFL. I find that 2 bulbs are good for a small bathroom, and for everything else, 1 bulb per 80 sq ft works out quite nicely.

The color is very pure. There appears, to my eyes, to be no tint either towards blue or yellow. It's absolutely white. These lights blend very well too. For kitchens or dens/home offices, I find that one of these bulbs paired in a dual fixture with a 14W 3500K bulb gives a very natural light - very easy on the eyes over long periods, but still bright enough for clarity of vision for you to work.

Considering bulbs of this quality sell for upwards of 7 bucks each at local hardware stores, getting a 4 pack this cheap is an excellent deal.

As a side note, the package (purchased from Resiaksales) was bent so that it could fit into the shipping packaging. Luckily, none of the bulbs were broken, but I wouldn't have been surprised if any of them were. So do be wary of that, and test all your bulbs immediately.
on August 31, 2013
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
I used to buy 48" flourescent tubes for around $8 each to get full-spectrum light for plants or battling the winter blues. These bulbs are just as effective at creating blue-white light at a fraction of the cost. In addition to generating more light per watt of energy used than incandescents, these bulbs appear even brighter because of the blue-white 'daylight' frequency of the light. You will see details and shades of color that get washed out by yellow-tinted incandescent or green-tinted mercury flourescent bulbs. Some things do get better and cheaper as time goes by.
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
This is only my second ecosmart bulb purchase. (UPDATE) Purchased more of these and now have them in all hall lights and bathroom fixtures that have a open globe. I bought these to use in lights that can not handle a 100 watt bulb. I love the color they render. Very refreshing. Fixtures that we have that I thought were a yellow tone now reveal themselves to be a totally different color. It is amazing just how much better these lights are when compared to the yellow appearing soft white 65 watt bulbs I had. I hope they last.

In a side by side comparison with 65 watt soft white bulbs these so called 60 daylight deliver a lot more light. It is frankly amazing just how bright clear and crisp these lights are.

I am keeping my proof of purchase now on all my CFLs and LEDs and plan on making them stand by their warranty. Here's hoping they last longer than my old stock of CFLs...which in all fairness were bought over two years ago. A lot has changed since then in how these bulbs work.

For instance these bulbs gather full steam.....ie.... brightness very fast. In fact they are essentially instant on!

SEE the pictures I have posted above under customer images for the proof of how great these bulbs really are.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 27, 2012
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
Never thought I would be writing a review for light bulbs. But because of all the irrelevant, uninformed and nit picky negatives I am writing this one.

Shipment came boxed and wrapped in double layer bubble wrap with no broken bulbs. All worked.

Daylight CFL bulbs are normally very expensive compared to standard warm white or white CFL's. These 4 bulbs are a bargain delivered for $11 plus no sales tax. Most of you know that already.

These are 5000K on the color spectrum which better reproduces daylight than the standard white at 6500K. These bulbs start-up the same as other CFL's in that it takes a few minutes to get to full brightness.

Much more light than than standard warm white (2700K)

Basics of CFL colors: 2700K is warm white, 3200-3500 is white. 5000K (this bulb) is the closest to daylight color, so it's bright natural white. 6500K is (bluish) white but higher on the visible light spectrum and not as good as the 5000K (daylight).

Bulb life: I have been using CFL's for about 8 years now. I've used many brands from cheap to moderately expensive. All brands I've used have about a 10-20% failure rate after a month or 2. None last their rated life. Bulbs fail earlier when they are frequently turned on and off.

These daylight bulbs can help with SAD (seasonal affect disorder) where the shorter days of winter and cloudy weather cause mild to moderate depression for many people.

SAD (seasonal affect disorder)
My first use of these bulbs is in the bathroom. I have a light fixture that takes 4 of these. WOW!! What a difference these make over the warm white bulbs. You can really can see yourself and skin color etc as you would look in natural daylight.
The 4 bulbs (240W equivalent) will also help my SAD on workdays I have no time to sit in front of my SAD lamp. The wattage in my bathroom (240W) is high enough where I get a good dose of natural light every morning.

I will buy this brand again if the price continues to be competitive and they are still available.

Sold by: DEALS AND MORE Fulfilled by Amazon
Update: I've been using these bulbs in my bathroom for almost 2 years. Still working great.
review image
on November 6, 2014
Size Name: 4-pack
I purchased these bulbs at Home Depot. I am moved to write this review to warn others. Two of the four bulbs in the package I purchased MELTED and BURNED the plastic where the coiled glass tube meets the plastic base! Please be careful if you purchase these!
review image
on June 28, 2013
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
This WOULD have been a good buy, except in both the description and the reviews, it was specified as being a "MEDIUM" base CF bulb (in between candelabra and standard base), required for ceiling fans. Instead, they were STANDARD base, available anywhere for less than half the price. Replacement with item as specified was denied, despite the incorrect description.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 26, 2013
Size Name: 4-packVerified Purchase
These almost imitate daylight and the light is bright and widespread. I use it as a flood light for a small porch area. It even charges my blacklight items I have on the porch and they glow for 30 minutes or so agter I switch the light off. Also good for those who need mosre daylight, night shift workers, gloomy days etc

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations