Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EcoSmart 9 Watt Soft White Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Light Bulbs 4-Pack, 40 Watt Equivalent, 550 Lumens
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 18, 2012
After having tried a number of CFL bulb I have found these to be the best. They have a nice warm light (similar to incandescent bulbs), start off much brighter than other CFLs, make no noise, and have proven to be reliable over the last few months of usage.
on July 2, 2013
Most of these new flourescent lamps have a start delay and are a bit slow to come up to full brilliance. Our experience with these 40-watt Ecosmart bulbs has been good. They come on immediately and are at full brilliance within a much shorter time than some others we have used since adopting this new Green friendly technology about four years ago.
on January 6, 2015
They work great and are priced right. 9 watt (40 watt equivalent) CFL bulbs are harder to find than other size CFL bulbs. These are the best I can find. ALSO, they are 2700K. That means a warm, not COLD light lie those that are called DAYLIGHT bulbs which are usually 5000K. I like warm, not COLD lighting. These are nice at 2700K. I DID NOT GET THIS PRODUCT FREE OR AT A DISCOUNT IN RETURN FOR A REVIEW
on November 8, 2013
I have purchased these several times before. Never had a problem and light is decent - not too glarey harsh light which often comes with CFL bulbs. It is warmer lighting and these don't take too long to get bright.
on December 7, 2014
We were looking for CFL lights that weren't as bright as the ones we had, since we have a fixture with 9 lights, and these work well. They are still quite bright but the light is softer and not as overpowering for a large fixture.
on April 3, 2016
I was emailed to review this specific item, which is odd, considering that I ordered it along with many other things with less mundane value. These get 5 stars, not only because they serve the purpose of being light bulbs, but they have, what I like to call, a lack of retina-searing and migraine-inducing blue light. Honestly, I don't know why the general population thinks that is OK. Most fluorescent bulbs create a poisonous blue color that make you, and everything in your home look like a scene from a horror movie. Just add flicker. These have a nice, soft warm light, much like the incandescent bulbs we all know and love. They are affordable, bright and don't make you look like you need to be admitted into the ER. Do everyone a favor, order these and stop the blue fluorescent light madness, which I am confident will be the catalyst for the zombie apocalypse.
on January 11, 2016
These are nice, soft white lights. I've slowly been switching certain rooms (like kitchen, bathroom, etc.) to daylight bulbs because I prefer cooler, brighter lights. It just makes me feel as though I can see better. But when I tried to switch out the lights in my hallway, I realized that you can't do this in every room. It was TOO bright and made my dingy NYC apartment look even dirtier. And voila, here come the soft white lights again! The warm color makes the hallways and bedrooms feel more like home.
on April 4, 2016
I purchased this 4-pack of 9-watt EcoSmart spiral CFLs one year ago. The two bulbs I have installed are still
burning soft and warm (2700K). One is in a bathroom and the other in a living room lamp. There has not been
a flicker, or a hint of a problem of any type. I have been very happy with them.

NOTE: This bulb should NOT be used with dimmers or in areas where it is "directly exposed to water".

-- Statistics and info you may not be aware of and taken off the package received ------------
~ Model #: EDO-09
~ Total Length: 4 inches
~ Total Width: 1-3/4 inch
~ Bulb Length: 3 inches [includes the self-ballasted section]
~ Bulb Type: Spiral
~ General Use: Indoor | Outdoor, in an enclosed fixture
~ Bulb Base: E26 (Medium)
~ Minimum Starting Temp.: -20 degrees F (-28.9C)
~ Warranty: 9 Year Limited
~ Manufactured: China (The light bulbs are distributed by Home Depot)

The claim is that these EcoSmart bulbs use up to "70% less mercury than standard CFL bulbs" and will last
"up to 9 years". Also, according to the package I received it states the bulbs can be used outdoors but
should be installed in an ‘enclosed fixture’.

Quite simply this EcoSmart CFL has done well by me and there are no complaints so a 5 Star rating is easily
given. There is not much more that can be said except have a wonderful day.
review image
on April 18, 2016
For the money, these are very good CFL bulbs. Like most CFLs, there is a short break-in period, where they take a little longer to warm up before getting to full brightness. After a day of intermittent usage, they perform well. The light output is comparable to more-expensive name brand bulbs, in both brightness and richness. I did comparison testing of their power consumption with a Kill-a-Watt meter, and they use the same amount of power as the name brand bulbs. The form-factor of these bulbs are on the smaller end of the spectrum - not the smallest, but just a little bit smaller in diameter and length than two of the other brands I compared. The only thing preventing me giving them a 5-star review is that - on average - they didn't last as long as the name brands. I use them in several bathroom fixtures (not the ideal use for CFLs, but it's practically taboo to use incandescent bulbs in this county) mixed with the other brands, and - out of two packs of four bulbs - they would burn out maybe a week or two sooner than any of the other brands. Now, that's not really bad... After comparing the cost, versus the bigger name brands, I think these are still the best deal. I would just recommend taking the caveat of a slightly shorter lifespan into consideration, if you require longer life (for longest life, I suggest LCDs anyhow).
on November 19, 2013
These bulbs are in a small light to illuminate an area dark in the evening. The 9-watt bulbs provide lots of light at a low cost. Good value.