4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, but Galapagos section lacking.
Published on March 19, 2011 by A. Catanzaro

3.0 out of 5 stars nice and all but...
it does not include all the nitty gritty of what is need for full on travel!
like the how to's, there and away, ect.
maybe if you are on an organized tour or something but not for backpacking or traveling by yourself
Published 20 months ago by Alon Ben-Cnaan

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, but Galapagos section lacking., March 19, 2011
A. Catanzaro (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
I, too, have been a fan of the "Insight Guide" books. Along with the similar "DK" guidebooks, these are the best I have used. Maybe I'm a sucker for presentation, but you can't argue with all the beautiful photos of the country and it's rich cultural heritage. I purchased this book prior to a trip to the Galapagos from our base in Quito, Ecuador. There is an enormous amount of information of Quito and it's sights, plus day trips from the area. But less than 30 pages are devoted to the Galapagos! Most of the information is related to the history/geology of the islands and it's animal inhabitants, while ONLY 7 PAGES (mostly half pages of text with a photo or two) give limited information on the various islands and what you can actually do when you get there! I would suggest buying a supplemental guide specific to the islands (or finding one online) if you will be traveling there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Available Guidebook to Ecuador, October 18, 2010
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
I came to Ecuador on an extensive visit and searched every guidebook before I came. This hard to find book was well worth the search! It has a comprehensive review on the background of Ecuador and unlike every other guidebook, has photos/maps all in color to accompany much of the text. Insight Guides may now be my favorite guidebook to different countries. I haven't been to the Galapagos yet, however, everything else has been spot on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and easy writing along with great photographs, February 23, 2012
Chuck "legaleagle" (Murfreesboro, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
This book has lots of maps, and broken down the country into seperate areas. The writing is good, clean and crisp with a lot of detail given in a small area. Photos are very well done. I can't wait to go on our trip.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice and all but..., July 1, 2013
it does not include all the nitty gritty of what is need for full on travel!
like the how to's, there and away, ect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but not that Practical, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
Although the book had beautiful pictures, I don't think it was specific enough. I wanted a book to tell me how to find the bus and train stations, where the real bargains were and just the nitty-gritty. Guess I really wanted a book for "dummies". It just wasn't specific enough!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
This was a good resource for us and the information presented was concise, clear and well-illustrated. We were with a tour group but you could use this nicely if you were driving independently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Up to date, accurate, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
We bought before our trip to Ecuador. We found it to be an excellent source of information on the country and the cities we visited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book!!!, December 8, 2012
Harold Honeywell (Fort Wayne, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
Lots of good info; great pics of the country. I would highly recommend this book as it is truly tremendous value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Travel Book!, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
I purchased this book prior to my two week vacation throughout Ecuador and it was fabulous! It helped me determine what I wanted to see and where I should go. It was very accurate and the photos were fantastic. It was very, very useful and well worth the money. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Ecuador!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE BOOK., March 15, 2012
This review is from: Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) (Paperback)
LOVED THIS BOOK. WE ARE TRAVELING TO EQUADOR SOON AND HOPEFULLY WE WONT MAKE TOO MANY GAFFS. WE LOVED ALL THE INSIGHT INTO THE DIFFERENT CULTURES, HISTORY AND POLITICAL SITUATION. MOST OF ALL WE LIKED THE INFO ON WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO SEE IN THE DIFFERENT AREAS.IT ENABLED US TO PICK OUT EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO ON OUR FIRST TRIP TO ECUADOR.

Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides)
Ecuador & Galapagos (Insight Guides) by Insight Guides (Paperback - June 10, 2010)
Used & New from: $2.86