Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 1, 2001
I keep having to order copies of this book! My grandchildren enjoy it so much that I end up sending my current copy home with one them. The many animal pictures keep them busy for hours. Now that they all have a copy I can order one to use in my classroom. The clear directions for preparing materials present excellent oportunities for me to teach fractions. The sequenced step-by-step pictures allow for exact duplication, but munipulation of the pieces encourages creativity. The original PICTURE PIE is good too, but I found this book to be more popular with the little people.
on September 26, 2000
Within minites of receiving this book, my son(6)was cutting out shapes & gluing them together.... with enthusiasm! I always thought all kids love art, but it took this book to get my son interested. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is the book binding was very poor. The binding (very loosely with only 4 strings) was falling apart after only one use. This is a book for kids, but I was the one using the stencils (I drew the shapes & kids cut them out). I shudder to think what shape the book would be in if I had turned them loose on it! Also, the book would probably hold up better if the stencil detatched from the book (a little pocket for storage in the flap would have been a good idea).
on July 7, 1998
If you're a scrapbooker wondering how to use your circle cutter this is the book for you! There are so many great projects in this book that can easily be adapted to use in scrapbooks...how about the animals for a day at the zoo page, or the train for Christmas or baby pictures? The bugs and flowers are great for spring and summer layouts. You can use the stencils that come with the book, but I like the results I get with the circle cutter better. Great for kids, too. Overall, I love this book and highly recommend it!
on March 27, 2000
I bought this book a few weeks ago and have really ejoyed it. I just cut out a lot of the shapes, grab a couple of glue sticks, get my kids and they have hours of fun. The shapes and directions make it so easy for my kids (ages 4 & 6) to be successful in their art endevors. This is a good book to have in your collection if you work with kids at school, in your church or just have a child/children in your home.
VINE VOICEon March 3, 2000
Picture Pie 2 is a wonderful book that is fun for children and adults. While children make incredibly bright, fun and professional looking animals (bears, butterflies, cats, birds etc.) out of construction paper, they are learning all about fractions and geometry. Simply a must for every home and classroom.
on July 8, 1997
Emberly presents engaging pictures formed from simple shapes which your child (or even you) can reproduce using the simple instructions and the stencils which come attached. Younger children may need help following the directions but can make the picture themselves. Older children and adults will get great results.

We all like this one better than Picture Pie I which is based on circles only.
on October 13, 2014
All I can say is you can't go wrong with Ed Emberley art books. I am an art teacher and I love using the examples in here to show students that everything is made up of basic geometric shapes (square, triangle, and circle.) These exercises/examples are great for having people of all levels of art to really break down objects into basic geometric shapes. Also if you are into scrapbooking the exercises in here are great for you to create some wonderful paper crafts. The examples are given in easy to follow step by step picture instructions. There is a lot of examples to follow that are easy and fun to do :0)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2015
This is a great book. I use it for teaching fractions (fractional parts). Students love it! Once I introduce the book, they want to use it to make some of the pictures OVER AND OVER. This is my second copy because they want to "study" the animals and it's hard to share it when they're working on a creation. If you buy this book, you'll love it! (Note: it is a wordless text.)
on March 6, 2014
we have used the book a few times. I bought it for 4/5 year old and I think the cut out were just a little to small for her and she wasn't interested and haven't really used it. I later saw it at my local library and wish I saw it before I purchased it
on January 9, 2007
I was not familiar with this book before I bought it; however, it was recommended by the teachers of the students for which this and several other Ed Emberley books were purchased. From the thank yous I have received, this book was a real hit! It is used in a Native American Mission School with great enthusiasm and even better results. What more could you ask for?