Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eddie Fisher - Greatest Hits
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

82%
18%
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$14.28+ $3.99 shipping

Eddie Fisher was one of the best crooners ever but for some reason he doesn't get the honor that he's due. People need to remember Eddie Fisher more; and this CD proves why. Although this is not as complete as the two CD set entitled Greatest Hits, this single CD gives us excellent hits all the way!

The track set begins with "Thinking Of You." Eddie sings this masterfully; and the backup vocalists help the number along. Eddie also shows off his magnificent vocal range on "Thinking Of You." "Thinking Of You" is a number you're bound to enjoy. "Tell Me Why" features Eddie again at his best; he croons this sweetly with warmth and masculine strength to make "Tell Me Why" a remarkable number. Moreover, "Wish You Were Here" begins with a great musical flourish; and when Eddie comes in this number takes flight! Eddie handles "Wish You Were Here" like the pro he always was. Wow.

"Maybe" features Eddie Fisher doing a great duet with Perry Como; together they harmonize well and they never miss a beat! "Maybe" has Eddie and Perry hoping that their girlfriends will remember them and return to their arms once more. "Maybe" is a highlight of this fine album.

"Lady Of Spain" sports a Latin beat and Eddie handles the tempo changes very well; and "I'm Walking Behind You" has a great vocal accompaniment by Sally Sweetland to bolster Eddie's flawless vocals.

"Oh! My Pa-Pa (O Mein Papa)" gives us another Eddie Fisher classic; Eddie makes this number all his own with his excellent interpretation of the lyrics; and the trumpet adds a beautiful touch to this charming ballad. "Count Your Blessings (Instead Of Sheep)" features a younger sounding Eddie singing to perfection with a lovely female choir in the background.

The CD ends very strong with "Heart." "Heart" boasts a great choir and Eddie delivers this classic love ballad better than anyone else ever could! "Heart" is a relentlessly upbeat number that leaves you wanting more!

The liner notes include some very good artwork; and Colin Escott contributes an informative essay about Eddie Fisher and his career. We also get the song credits.

Eddie Fisher was a rare gem; and this CD demonstrates why beyond the shadow of a doubt. I encourage Eddie Fisher fans to get this one; although the two CD set entitled Greatest Hits is even better with its many extra tracks. I also recommend this CD for fans of classic pop vocals.
During his heyday in the 1950's Eddie Fisher's popularity would rival such legendary performers as Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and his labelmate at RCA records Perry Como. In that decade Eddie Fisher would place more than 50 singles on Billboard's "Best Selling Singles" chart. More impressively, he would amass a total of more than two dozen Top 20 hits. Yes, Eddie Fisher really was the #1 idol of the bobbysoxer generation in the pre-rock years of the early 1950's. Now RCA records pays tribute to one of their most popular artists of all-time with the 2001 release "Eddie Fisher: Greatest Hits". This extraordinary collection was issued as part of RCA's 100th Anniversary series. And if you love this stuff like I do this one proves to be a real keeper.

"Eddie Fisher: Greatest Hits" offers up 14 of Eddie's biggest and best. Of course you will find all of Eddie's biggest records in this collection including his monster 1952 hit "Anytime" which remained on the charts for over 7 months! If I had to choose Eddie's finest vocal performance ever it would have to be "I'm Yours" also from 1952. All these years later that tune still sends chills up and down my spine! When I was a little boy my mother would often speak of one of her all-time favorite songs. "Oh My Pa-Pa (O Mein Papa)" spent a total of 8 weeks at the top of the charts in early 1954. This memorable tune was an English version of a song from the Swiss musical comedy "Fireworks". I was also very pleased to find tunes like "I Need You Now" and "Heart" included in this collection. Perhaps my very favorite song on this disc is Eddie's splendid take on Irving Berlin's "Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep)" from the Fall of 1954. That tune has been very hard to come by and I am pleased to see it included here.

"Eddie Fisher: Greatest Hits" includes an informative 8 page booklet with notes on each and every tune in this collection. These are the original RCA Victor hit singles you would remember from the radio. No annoying re-recordings here. And I am happy to report that the sound quality is superb!. "Eddie Fisher: Greatest Hits" would be a welcome addition to any collection of American popular music. This is certainly a disc that I can highly recommend.
on November 17, 2011
I have this on an old record. It was tinny and just didn't sound good. The CD has great sound. The shipping was prompt and arrived before it was supposed to. I would recommend this for anyone who likes Eddie Fisher.
on December 29, 2011
I bought this cd to use in nursing homes that I visit and where I play music from the past. This is a good one. Brings back old memories. My favorite on this cd is 'Heart.' The sound quality is excellent. Residents love it. That great voice of Eddie Fisher's come through powerful with every song. Is there anybody doing music like that today?
Eddie Fisher was one of the best crooners ever but for some reason he didn't get the honor that he was due in more recent years before he passed away a few days ago. People need to remember Eddie Fisher more; and these songs of his prove why--this music is all THAT good.

The set of songs available here for MP3 download begin with "Thinking of You." Eddie sings this masterfully; and the backup vocalists help the number along. Eddie also shows off his magnificent vocal range on "Thinking of You." "Thinking of You" is a number you're bound to enjoy. "Tell Me Why" features Eddie again at his best; he croons this sweetly with warmth and masculine strength to make "Tell Me Why" a remarkable number. Moreover, "Wish You Were Here" begins with a great musical flourish; and when Eddie comes in this number takes flight! Eddie handles "Wish You Were Here" like the pro he always was. Wow.

"Maybe" features Eddie Fisher doing a great duet with Perry Como; together they harmonize well and they never miss a beat! "Maybe" has Eddie and Perry hoping that their girlfriends will remember them and return to their arms once more. "Maybe" is a highlight of these songs.

"Lady of Spain" sports a Latin beat and Eddie handles the tempo changes very well; and "I'm Walking Behind You" has a great vocal accompaniment by Sally Sweetland to bolster Eddie's flawless vocals.

The set of songs ends very strong with "Heart." "Heart" boasts a great choir and Eddie delivers this classic love ballad better than anyone else ever could! "Heart" is a relentlessly upbeat number that leaves you wanting more!

Eddie Fisher was a rare gem; these spectacular songs demonstrate why beyond the shadow of a doubt. I encourage Eddie Fisher fans--and people who love classic pop vocals--to download at least some of these songs if they don't want to buy the CD on this website.
on March 5, 2009
There never has been a singer who sang with more heart than Eddie Fisher. That quality, combined with a truly great voice, made for a powerful and beautiful thing. I am 60 years old now. I was just a small child when Eddie was having his amazing string of hits. I was coming into impressionable adolescence when he was having his amazing string of personal scandals--a couple of nasty triangles (no big deal today) in which the public ridiculed, demonized and ostracized him more than they did murderers. I remember the night-after-night, month-after-month, year-after-year humiliating jokes delivered by Johnny Carson and every other "funny" man in the entertainment world--brutal enough to make a less resilient person jump off a 50th floor balcony. It had to hurt. But he just kept singing, and, unfortunately, drugging. I remember thinking that no one who didn't make a living in the boxing ring ever took so many verbal gut punches. And he just kept singing. And it wasn't that lazy, self-pitying Sinatra-type crooning or that annoying "I can sing everywhere but on the melody" style that Tony Bennett is praised for. No, this was really singing--from the heart, from the soul, from the gut, but always true to the song--the pop version of Pavarotti and Domingo. And it was beautiful, inspite of all his troubles--or perhaps because of them. This CD is excellent. But it depicts the young, unscarred Eddie. The later recordings, after heartaches, hardships and the years had taken their toll and deepened his baritone, are even better in some ways. Some of us are still out here, Eddie, still remembering, still appreciating. Thanks.
on April 16, 2004
What a voice! He had it all, good looks, a storybook marriage to Debbie Reynolds, and a bunch of hit records. Listening to him sing after all these years brings back lots of memories. This is a must have record for anyone interested in the music of the 50's. Yes, he also had a nasty divorce, but to dismiss his talent for that reason is a gross injustice.
My sense is that Eddie Fisher is not very popular today. Two or three of his great songs, 'O My Papa' and 'Count my Blessings instead of Sheep' are however both memorable and powerfully moving . At his best he could be very good, and usually it is best to remember the person for their best.
on January 15, 2014
I am happy I purchased this CD. I purchased it for certain songs, but found there were some I forgot about, that I also enjoy very much.
on September 1, 2007
This CD is loaded with Eddie Fishers hits. Only "Downhearted" wasn't a hit, as best I could tell, and it's still a good song.