Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Men's Navy Edema Slipper for Swollen Feet-opens Fully
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$24.69 - $26.49+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 27, 2014
------ DO NOT BUY - DO NOT BUY - DO NOT BUY - DO NOT BUY------
WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY - i chose the 12+ size as i wanted them for my friend who has large feet and said he needed size 12-13 so these seemed perfect - well i guess not - they barely fit my feet and i wear a size 10 1/2 - furthermore when i put them on the velcro flaps barely were big enough to be secured and i wear normal shoes all the time.
They are thin.
VERY uncomfortable.
look like uni shoes that were not made in the traditional left/right shoe style.
i will donate them to my local care center,as i will not bother to return them to the seller.
IF you still feel compelled to by these make sure you buy at least 3 sizes larger than you need and you might,and this is a big might,actually get some shoes you can wear not that you will want to after a few minutes of wearing them.
on July 27, 2013
I got these for my father. There are some expensive adjustable slippers out there. I took a chance on these reasonably priced ones instead of checking local medical supply stores. They fit good and look as shown. They seem to have an indoor sole without excessive traction, unlike rubber, which I think is good. They make backless slippers with high traction rubber soles that fall off too easily and might have been why my father fell in one of those. Even though these have backs, it may be good that they slide on the floor a bit more than rubber because in certain situations my father uses them as backless slippers and folds the back down, like in the middle of the night when going to the bathroom or when coming out of the shower.

The downside is that they smelled pretty bad when I first opened the bag they came in, and the bottom was gooey from the Made In China sticker. It's like someone dunked the sticker in a tub of glue and slopped it on the sole. It wasn't even firmly attached. I'll probably try to wash the smell out of them. I bet there should be one of those Proposition 65 warnings on them.

Update: I saw the padding after about 1-1/2 years when I noticed the sole cracked at the back of both heals (I'm not sure when they first cracked) and there was a very thin piece of foam inside, and I think cardboard. Some of my father's old, cheap slippers had 1/2" heals that conformed to his foot a little. These have practically nothing, but he never complained. I fixed the cracking with Shoe Goo. When I washed them with the cracked sole, they took more than two days to air dry. I fixed the sole with Shoe Goo when still damp because my father needed them. The foot bed is fabric and I think they can get wet inside and dry eventually even with an intact sole. A year and a half later he's still wearing them but if he didn't fold down the back and use them as backless slippers half the time, they'd probably be worn beyond repair by now.
on March 24, 2015
Very cheaply made, thin, no real support to the foot and the soles were not very sturdy. I had been looking for a slipper to use for a family member in a nursing home receiving physical therapy and this is more of a slipper for someone with edema who is not very mobile. Will keep your feet warm, and easy to get on but not a very good walking slipper.
on November 11, 2013
By the looks and description of this slipper I was confident in getting the right shoewear for my 84 year old father with swollen feet and ankles. When he tried them on he said they hurt and were tight in front regardless of the adjustment. Also did not give any support around the ankle as they are very light, thin and not very sturdy at all. When I went to adjust the slipper and snug it up the other side of the flap just tore away. Sorry, but not worth the money, I returned them.
on June 2, 2014
The disabled man I purchased these slippers for has very swollen club feet, not very long feet but very wide. The slippers were just too small to accommodate his shape.
on January 10, 2014
My father had swollen feet after an operation. These slippers made his life a lot easier and comfortable. He is delighted with them. One caveat: they do tend to look old very quickly, although they remain just as comfortable.
on October 9, 2014
My husband has late stage liver cancer, and because of this he has major swelling in the feet, and all the way up his legs. He typically wears a 10.5-11 shoe. This extra large slipper fits him so perfect, and has the solid sole so he can wear it outside too. Easy to get off and on. Velcro is great, as some days the feet aren't as swollen as others, so I can tighten them up as necessary for him. I can't recommend these enough, they are truly a life saver!!
on June 3, 2015
For a shoe for those with lymphedema, it is close to hitting the mark, but not quite. The toe area needs to be a bit bigger. And there needs to be a larger strap for Velcro. They keep coming loose, so I bought some patterned duck tape and they work great.
on April 3, 2015
I bought these for my 93 year old father. He is no longer able to walk and sits in a wheelchair most of the day, has swollen feet occasionally and on those occasions his regular shoes and slippers do not fit. My father also has trouble moving his legs easily. I spent hours looking on line for something for him. I wanted something that looked good, but did not want him to have anything with too much weight or support as he does not walk. Out of the box i was a bit concerned that these were going to be too flimsy and light weight. But what i thought might be flimsy, turns out to be, easy to manipulate, to put on even with his legs dangling and slightly under the wheel chair and his not being able to help get his feet into a position to put normal shoes on. They open up fully in the front so we can slide his feet into the slippers, and then adjust the heel and velcro the front portion closed. They have enough soft warm material inside (not a lot of warm material--light weight-but just enough) to keep his feet warm. He always wears socks and so they keep his feet cozy, but not overheated. Sometimes one of his feet will work its way out of the heel portion but not too often. These work out well for my father and I just ordered a second pair. My only complaint...i see at this point they only come in one color, dark blue. I am very pleased with this product.
review image
on June 19, 2015
Returned for refund:
1.Poorly sewn together
2. Parts sewn together were misaligned
3 a sewing at the edge of one was already severely frayed and unraveling.

These things are Chinese Junk That used to only be a type of boat, you know...