4.0 out of 5 stars Dry but good quality and only beans in BPA-free can
Published on October 22, 2011 by David B Leavenworth Jr

1.0 out of 5 stars Amy's are so much better
Sorry to say (since we ordered a whole case) that these beans were so dry it was hard just getting them out of the can. Tried to save a few bucks, but Amy's are so much better. Learned my lesson. Next time we'll stick with the Amy's.
Published on October 5, 2011 by abitashopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Amy's are so much better, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Eden Organic Refried Black Beans, 16-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

3.0 out of 5 stars BPA free is great and they work well for the right recipe, January 27, 2012
Tera (PORTLAND, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
We bought these beans because of the BPA free cans and we have bought other Eden Organic products at the grocery store that were good. Unfortunately, these beans are very bland. They do work well in recipes with lots of other flavor. For example, we use them often when making enchiladas, where a strong sauce can work well with the blandness.

They are worth buying as a healthy option to use with some recipes. If they were more flavorful on their own, they would be our first and only choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dry but good quality and only beans in BPA-free can, October 22, 2011
These refried beans are quite dry and a bit difficult to get out of the can, but the quality is good, and I'll continue to buy them because they are the only beans on the market that are in a BPA-free can. I thin them by heating and adding a bit of water, or mixing some salsa into them, etc. They also be good with cheese melted into them (we're dairy-free here so I've not done that). They are yummy even though on the dry side, and I appreciate that Eden Organic provides a BPA-free option for beans. They're could use a bit more salt for my tastes, but it's easy to add salt to them to taste. I'm giving 4 stars, not 5, because of the dryness and that I'd only give homemade a 5 star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrggghh, November 14, 2013
I never met a refried bean I didn't like-- until I tried these! Pasty, tasteless glop. I will be donating mine to a food shelter, although that actually seems a tad sadistic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unappetizing gray color, October 6, 2012
Malone (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Not just awful to look at, but under-seasoned and dry. I love the idea of no BPA, but this is just not a good product.

Eden Organic Refried Black Beans, 16-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
$46.64
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.