Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on November 30, 2012
Very well done military/black ops with a bit of end of the world as well and have read both the "romantic" version as well as the original version.

Well developed characters, a new scientific discovery vaguely along the lines of Jurassic Park and others of that type, with nanobot technology, carried along by excellent presentation of the usual black ops/military type action. Good character development which included the changes in mindsets triggered by exposure to the Plague.

The romantic version has a bit 'softer' feel to it that the original version but gives more depth to the main characters in some ways, I think. Both are very well crafted and polished, particularly for a self-published work. In comparing the two versions, it is obvious that the author is a writer than can take a storyline in more than one direction.

This is a series I'm definitely following.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, especially since it was labeled the "Romantic Edition". I didn't know if I was going to get a science thriller, a medical thriller, a romance novel or something more science fiction.

What I got was a clever and innovative quasi science fiction/science thriller with a touch of romance mixed in. The "Eden Plague" idea is a different take on what we consider a plague/disease. I don't want to give too much away or it would ruin the story - you just have to read for yourself.

The plot was well paced and hooked you from the beginning. This could have turned into a formula thriller but the author kept things fresh and interesting so that I did not feel like I always knew where it was going - I really hate when I can predict a story just a few chapters in.

There were a few small flaws, typos and grammar, but not so much that it detracted from the story. A good read and I am interested to read the next volume!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
Daniel Markis is about to change the world with the help of an elitist military team, and it is tale that is remarkable well done. I finished this book in a matter of a couple of days, which is a sign that I heartily enjoyed it! There were plot twists galore to keep me turning the pages rapidly, wondering what would happen next. The prose was clear and the characters were compelling. It's clear the author has a military background, and that contributes to the realism of the novel.

I'm not usually a reader of guns and solider prose, but this book took me into the world of the military without overwhelming me or making it sound like it was dumbed down for readers like me. The romantic parts were real and subtly done, and go well with the overall pacing of the book.

Do I recommend it? Oh yeah! Now I'm on to the second book in the series!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
It's not often a writers first novel shows a complete understanding of how a storey is to be told. They seem not to be able to develop the characters of the storey, the plot and the dialogue all at the same time. This book is polished, no distractions for bad grammar or spelling and the dialogue between characters is smooth and realistic. Add into the mix a great storey with a suprise ending and you will be entertained for hours.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
David & Beth VanDyke have taken an interesting premise with the "romantic edition" of the Eden Plague and spun it into an entertaining story with characters that are emotionally accessible and yet still remain true to the military genre. Never predictable, from my "civilian" point of view, the VanDyke's have concocted a pleasurable read that satisfies AND wets the appetite for more. And it just gets better from here!
The Demon Plagues (Plague Wars Volume 2)
The Reaper Plague (Plague Wars Volume 3)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
Eden Plague - the Romantic Edition is updated and lighter(romantic) version of original book Eden Plague .

The combination of romantic exchange between Daniel and Elise provides a much needed relieve in otherwise intense and violent story.

By reading this and another book of David VanDyke , you can understand that David not has excellent imagination, story telling and writing skills.

The book is very well written and properly edited which is more like an exception for a self published author.

The author also seems to have in-depth understanding of how army, special unit and covert organization like CIA and KGB work.

A must read for anyone who likes a Thriller or a Science fiction with romantic touch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse