4.0 out of 5 stars Better cost than oil but a little noisy
I just loved the very detailed review that was funny. While there are many aspects of his commentary that may be accurate you cannot assume everything is correct. I will offer this personal experience with the GEN heaters. I own two, 1000 Gen 3 units.

My evaluation and use of this was done after spending almost $2000.00 the past winter in OIL!

On a...
Published on October 31, 2011 by retired schoolmarm

1.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous increase in electric bill
This Eden Pure unit certainly does its job of heating a room, but not before your electric bill goes up exponentially. I started using this unit on the first day of my last months' billing cycle, and when I got my bill 30 days later, it jumped 103% over the past month. Simply put, this unit is a guzzler. I immediately unplugged it, and started making preparations to...
Published on December 21, 2010 by Todd7

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a typical space heater, December 19, 2010
Mawrtyr (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eden Pure Infrared Heater Infrared 5000 Btu 1000 Sq. Ft. 110 V/12.6 A Wood Grain 16 " H X 13 " W X 1 (Kitchen)
Definitely keeps the room more comfortable than a space heater. Works well in an enclosed room. Have only used it for one week, so I'm not sure about the increase to the electric bill or any reduction in the gas bill, yet. Its size and weight are manageable, and it rolls easily. Definitely safe for pets - exterior doesn't get hot.
When you turn it off, it runs for a few minutes to cool down. The cooling fan is loud, and it blows cool air into the room as the unit cools down. ** Letting it cool down is critical to avoid damage **

Update: August 2011 - my budget bill increased from $65/mo to $73/mo, so roughly $96/year; I believe I saved more than that in natural gas costs, and my bedroom was significantly more comfortable during the winter.

My best winter investment by far has been the Sunbeam Heated Mattress Pad. I purchased it elsewhere, but it's available on Amazon. It's much better than an electric blanket. Get one, and you'll be glad you did!

2.0 out of 5 stars Heats good! Service SUCKS!!, December 16, 2011
We recieved this as a Christmas present! Loved it.. its almost a year old and it stopped "glowing". Evidentially there are 3 bulbs in this heater. Well.... we kept the original box like it says too.. and all of the stuff inside.. but apparently that is not good enough.. Oh and we sent in all of the warranty information. BUT.... They need proof of purchase as well!! As if it just dropped out of the sky in its original box. Evidentially the warranty cards only register the product, they dont use them to look up anything .. at least, thats what i was just told. We can replace the bulbs ourselves but if we do it voids the warranty that we obviously dont have because we dont have the original proof of purchase on a gift item that was purchased a year ago. Doesnt make any sense to me. Guess we are going to go ahead and fix it ourselves! At least we get to throw that stupid box away now!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it? Buy mine for $100..., January 3, 2012
This pile of garbage is not worthy of target practice. I would loathe the sight of it scattered about my property.... and I WOULD ensure major dispersion. This was a "gift." More than a few years ago I saw an infomercial late at night with some old people grinning wildly as they pushed their miracle boxes gleefully from room to room. Add the moronic family with kids too stupid to understand that heaters are, well.... HOT. I suppose if your parenting skills are zero, the "safe for the challenged" claims will soothe you so you can figure out how to make your toilets "drown-proof" for your little beasts.

This trash box is sitting less than 12 feet from me, sounding quite industrious. Occasionally I feel a warm rush of air..... That would be the heat from my ceiling vent, and my central air is set at about 63°. The trash box is whirring away with the drag strip lights all the way lit (on max). How can I review this any better? I remain convinced that EdenPure is properly suited to late-night infomercial gimmicks. And Bob Villa might want to bring one of these with him in the afterlife..... to keep COOL where he's gonna go for ripping off old people. (It does have a fan, and seems to better in the cooling department.

I read some reviews from devout EdenPure cultists. Well, rescue this puppy, if you so swear by them. I will put this gem in any box you send me and drop it off at post office for $100. I wont sell it to a friend, but if the koolaid tastes good you, I will cut you this wonderful discount.

I would deal with the noise if I was warmed by this trash box. But for $19.95, another late-night product endorsed by grinning fools tops this: The Snuggie.

The trash box does have a nice, big cord. It DOES wheel easily. Hmmmm. Maybe I can part it out for the wheels! By the way, I'm totally serious. If you are bent on this koolaid, take mine. I didn't pay for it, and wont pass it on to a friend. If anybody is seriously considering this, and you live near north-central Alabama.... you are welcome to come test-laugh my magic trash box for yourself. If nobody rescues this joke, I might just take the wheels off and hit it with 50 rounds at the gun range..... and post up a youtube video, lol. What a great "response commercial" THAT would be. Whatever I do, when I get up, I'm gonna turn this pile OFF and give my ENTIRE house +3° and never let this EdenPure's plug rape my electrical outlet again. I am wondering if that glow is as fake as the red paper in an Amish Hearth. Anyway, it doesn't matter if you DON'T like my review. The main point of these, really, is to encourage/discourage your fellow heat-seekers. And if you fail to "approve" of my delivery, you can prove to the world that you never got over your resentment of not being Hall Monitor in grade 3. I'm convinced my "review" relays my sentiment: Loud fan, pretty, red glow, definitely NOT hot to the touch, wheels around like a top-notch HotWheel car, gorgeous wire/plug... and that I might make a YouTube video because I wouldn't give this to charity. Offer stands, for devout KoolAid drinkers. All others? Save your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Being Realistic, It's Not A Bad Heater, March 9, 2012
One has to use some old school common sense really. All electric heaters will have the same exact efficiency, period - no exception. I knew that when I purchased my Gen 4. The difference for me was that it was safe to be around, because it does not get externally hot, and when I set the thermostat on 4 or 5, it cycles reliably and keeps my bedroom comfortable all night long. I live in an older house that has almost no insulation, and it supplements my space heater perfectly. The increase in my electric bill is negligible, because I treat it like it is, an electric heater. The design makes it safe, and it cycles reliable enough to balance warmth with economy. So in my case, it works better than the cheaper heaters I used to have.

A good philosophy to remember: You don't believe a car salesman's every remark, so treat everything with that same philosophy, and you will be better for it... The world is so full of hype these days, and filtering will be very beneficial in every aspects. The premise is based on the fact you reduce the thermostat on your main furnace/space heater etc. and let the EdenPURE heat only in your presence. Sure the truth is stretched, but then again, pretend you are buying a car, and it will be OKAY...

I gave it 4 Stars, because nothing is perfect. It could be quieter, it is a bit overpriced, and replacement bulbs are high - but not difficult to install.

1.0 out of 5 stars 400 for 0, January 6, 2012
It didnt take long to figure this was a huge 400$ ripoff. To begin with, there was no owners manual (can you say refurb) is what i figured. When i plugged it in it sounded like a box of crickets was stored inside. The next day it roared and hummed so bad ,i couldnt hear the tv. The next day it was returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do not waste your money on this!, January 13, 2012
My compassion for my fellow man demands that I implore you not to waste your money on a rip-off product such as this. It's a 60-70 dollar space heater, no more, no less. This thing is so bogus. Please, please do not reward these people by purchasing this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edenpure 1000 Infrared GEN4 Heater, January 18, 2012
Just received my electric bill for the month of December and it was a pleasant surprise; looking forward to seeing my natural gas bill to see how much we will save there also. During the month of December we were gone for approx. 10 days during the holidays so we didn't expect to see a tremendous savings that month but it was a start. Kept my thermostat set at 62 and the Edenpure has been our sole source of heat the past 30 days, and it's doing a great job of providing sufficient heat to keep our central heating unit from running most of the time; it runs very little now thus we expect to see even more savings on the electric and nat. gas. It's clean heat and very quiet so it can be running right beside you and it's not distracting at all. No regrets in this purchase. I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a secondary heat source.

1.0 out of 5 stars eden pure horriable, November 6, 2012
I just bought this Eden pure heater a not even having it 24 hours it does nothing but blow cold air....Glad to know i was buying an air conditioner instead of a heater....I do not recommend this to anyone stay away from this product. Now i have to wait for them to give me my refund so i can buy another heater. Please read reviews before you decide to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy-no warentee, January 12, 2012
Purchased through Amazon but after about 4 weeks the remote stopped working. Edenpure said not their problem. Go to the people who sold it [Ace Hardware] they said not their problem. Go to people who shipped it ---not able to find how to contact. If the whold unit crashes--just throw it away?

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst purchases of my life, September 30, 2014
The fan sounded completely random, which was quite annoying. I normally sleep with a fan on, but this was quite disturbing. Fail #1

The heater just didn't put out enough heat, even on high. There's nothing else to it. I have a $20 heater that outperforms this thing. Sure, it doesn't have variable fan speed, but I bet that a $40 heater may. Fail #2

The one thing that people fail to mention is that this also uses a proprietary heating bulb with a pretty low life expectancy. You're out $50 to $60 every time you have to replace it, there are few sources you can find it at, and there are no generic equivalents. Sure, heating coils aren't replaceable in other heaters, but at least they put out a decent amount of heat and will last years. Fail #3

The warranty is written very vaguely and isn't something I'd feel comfortable trusting at all. I've seen better written warranties on much cheaper things. Fail #4

I'm all for things made in the US as that was the main reason for my purchase, but stores should stop selling blatantly overpriced shoddy stuff like this. Seriously buy a cheap Chinese heater instead of considering this. You're not going to feel proud that you wasted your money on this.

I took the heater back after a week.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›