5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic nutritional gift from the sea!, May 21, 2008
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I can't say enough good about Eden's Wakame. I absolutely love it and prepare a simple raw wakame salad from one 2.1 ounce package at least once a week. Furthermore and most importantly to me as a raw vegan resident of Florida, it is a must have in my hurricane pantry for it soaks quickly providing a highly nutritious fresh green vegetable. This product is truly a delicious and nutritious gift from the sea. I should also add that it is a good buy here at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresher than the store's version, February 2, 2011
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I have purchased Wakame from a well-known largely organic food store. When I received this shipment from Amazon I was pleasantly surprised how fresh the seaweed was. I didn't know it should NOT be dry and brittle (store purchase) and accepted it as a quality of dried seaweed.

It is much easier to cut strips for homemade seaweed salad and much less expensive. Overall, an excellent buy at nearly $2 per pkg cheaper.

Update March 10, 2011*****

I find if you cut it along the short way (width) before hydrating, instead of trying to cut it in long strips, it is almost the quality size that you can get from a restaurant when using Cuisanart kitchen shears.

If you can, read/purchase a book called Seaweed- Nature's Secret to Balancing Your Metabolism, Fighting Disease, and Revitalizing Body & Soul By Valerie Gennari Cooksley, RN. It is awesome! You'll find yourself eating a greater variety of the greens. I found my copy at Half Price Books in Orland Park, IL

Seaweed: Nature's Secret to Balancing Your Metabolism, Fighting Disease, and Revitalizing Body and Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this wakame, great for seaweed salad, or soups!, March 12, 2011
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I buy this product regularly and have it stocked on all times. I'm a huge fan of Eden Foods, especially since it's a company that appears to have integrity regarding their products. Anyways, this seaweed is great for soups (for adding another depth of flavor), or even to make seaweed salad, with a little vinegar, honey, soy sauce and minced garlic. I soak the seaweed first and make sure to rinse the seaweed several times. Then blanch it for about a minute, and then drain the water. Then cut it up, and mix it with the above ingredients for a yummy side salad!

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, March 13, 2012
LZ (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
My daughter (4 yr) and I love to just chew on these. I leave them out over night and then they are nice and crunchy the next day. We like the flavor even though my son hates them. There is certainly a seaweed taste to them as that is what they are, but we enjoy them as is. They are very salty and sometimes we just nibble on these which of course is much better than nibbling on potato chips.

5.0 out of 5 stars the packages hold more wakame than they look, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I used this to make miso soup by mixing 2 tablespoons of miso paste into 2 cups of boiling water & adding wakame with a pinch of msg-free chicken boullion. It was filling, very tasty & with very few calories! I accidentally added a bit too much wakame to my soup, so I will be using less next time. (These things expand a bit). My dogs were begging for a taste of wakame so I gave them some & they loved it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars vERY GOOD, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
IT'S vERY GOOD WAKAME. I wISH PRICE WOULD STAY REASONABLE. I WOULD BUY AGAIN.wOULD PREFER TO BUY IN BULK. GENERALLY NO ISSUES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eden Wakame, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I enjoy cutting the strips of seaweed into pieces and adding to miso soup with other ingredients. Very very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, March 17, 2011
This review is from: Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I liked this wakame, to chew when you feel like for something salty (though is a bit too salty)
nutrition value is my main point of consuming this wakame.

ARRAY(0xd818b554)

Eden Wakame, 2.1-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
$87.88 $66.60