4.0 out of 5 stars still waiting for it to do its job
i was told it would take 3 plus months to do its job.
also had an issue with the way it wraprd around the pipe not as neat as shomn in on line pictures.
Published 22 months ago by Edward M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scalerid 2000
Published on October 27, 2012 by Geoffrey A. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Scalerid 2000, October 27, 2012
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
I ordered this product from Edenpure in January 2012. Tried it for 9 months and it absolutely does not work. I shipped it back and asked for my money back, but they refused to return my money. Beware!! Do not waste your money on this product........it does NOT work as advertised. It made absolutely no difference in my water. I tried to post a review on Edenpure site, but no way to do it. Guess they want to pick and choose the comments they include on their site. Only the good ones. Again, DO NOT BUY the Scalerid 2000 or any products from Edenpure. Dont make the same mistake I did. Rating should be zero stars or negative stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars still waiting for it to do its job, March 13, 2013
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
i was told it would take 3 plus months to do its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know why, but customer loves it., March 8, 2014
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
I did the install on this product recently for a little old lady in Sacramento where the water is so hard you have to use a hammer to get a drink. (Almost)

It took minutes to install it. 2-3 days later she's telling me it works great. How does she know this? Because scale deposit is disappearing from fixtures and most particularly from her cat water bowel which I guess always gets a lot of deposits on it. And she says she's using less soap to get suds.

I've read a bunch of sites about these devices and have seen a lot of people claiming it's all a scam but I don't know what to say. This lady got it because the old guy in the modular home across the street replaced his water softener with one and he's happy as a maggot on roadkill.

I can't figure it out but I've noticed some folks put it on a copper pipe while I put it on galvanized. It may make a difference. And the exact constitution of the water may also factor in.

One thing I don't get at all: the coil is only attached to a maybe 10' length of pipe so the electric current could only affect water sitting close by in the pipe. Logically, when you're running water, there ain't no way that coil could be affecting all the water rushing by that location. So I don't know what to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticed a difference, March 10, 2013
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
Good product, definitely noticed a difference in water quality and decreased scale. Would certainly recommend if you have relatively minor hard water problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars EdenPure, October 17, 2013
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
Works great noticed a change in just 3 weeks. Wish I would have gotten it sooner, tried other products but they didn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it does work. It's not a waste of money for me!, December 17, 2014
Mountain Man (Mountains of PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
I waited three months before writing this review to give the ScaleRid time to prove itself. And it did. I read many mixed reviews before I bought it and was reluctant to buy because of all the negative reviews, not just on amazon but quite a few other web sites. It seems to be about even, both good and bad. I live in the mountains of PA and have a well, my water is very hard. Mineral buildup required using a scale remover about every three or four months to keep the faucets clear. We do not have a water softener. At first I didn't clean any fixtures when I installed the ScaleRid, wanting to see if it would remove existing scale. That is does not appear to do very well, at least in the short term. I cleaned all the fixtures after a couple weeks. But since that cleaning there has been absolutely NO scale buildup on any of the fixtures, all of them are clean. If you buy this and it doesn't seem to work when you first install it, make sure the electrical connectors around the pipe are fully seated. I had to squeeze them together pretty hard to get them to seat. And I have CPVC pipe, not copper, so it works for that material. To summarize, it works for me and I will definitely buy another when we move, well water or not. The only reason I can think of why it works for some and not others is the mineral composition of your water. Or perhaps it's not installed correctly?

5.0 out of 5 stars Water Conditioner, October 8, 2013
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
I have purchased this for my son's home.Being used,it saved me a considerable amount of money.It was as advertised and appeared to look nearly new.I have installed it on his water line and I am hoping he will see good results,as I have experienced with mine,which I purchased two years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... sure on this product I thought it would do better but there is still a lot of hard water ..., October 3, 2014
This review is from: EdenPURE ScaleRID 2000
Still not sure on this product I thought it would do better but there is still a lot of hard water scales.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, September 4, 2014