5.0 out of 5 stars Took care of a long plane ride
I had this book in my kindle app for a few weeks before getting around to reading it. Then I got on a long flight and it was a lifesaver. I immediately got engrossed and it made time fly (haha.). I'm ready for a sequel, but can't say why without giving away parts of the ending ;)
Published on January 4, 2012 by Valerie P

1.0 out of 5 stars This book seriously lacked definition
I have read a lot of books on my kindle since receiving it as a gift for
Christmas, some really good, some o.k., but this book irritated me so much that
it made me want to write a review, so that others can beware, this book was awful.
I read the whole thing hoping that the characters and storyline would get better
definition, it did not. You go...
Published on February 21, 2012 by lorrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Took care of a long plane ride, January 4, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting and engaging page-turner, January 4, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Shadows #1) (Kindle Edition)
Once I started reading I didn't want to put it down, and when I was forced to put it down, I couldn't wait to pick it back up! The character development was very thorough which made me feel like I really knew who these characters were and made the storyline that much more personal and suspenseful. This book is a great choice for when you want to take a break and just enjoy a really good and mysterious story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suspense with a twist, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Paperback)
I could not stop reading this book. The writer is terrific at creating suspense, and the characters are well developed. The ending was a twist I did not expect. My only nitpick is that there were typos that could have been avoided by using a professional editor. Still, they weren't so glaring that they took me out of the story.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book seriously lacked definition, February 21, 2012
I have read a lot of books on my kindle since receiving it as a gift for
Christmas, some really good, some o.k., but this book irritated me so much that
definition, it did not. You go through the whole book without a clue as to where
the author is taking the plot, the whole supernatural bit is confusing and the ending is lousy. It obviously ends with a sequel in the works, hopefully for those of you who will want to read it, sorry, not me. The first book has to be good enough for me to pick up the sequel.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry. This was awful., February 3, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Paperback)
I've heard better campfire stories.

The characters are poorly developed and make absolutely stupid choices. The writing style is repetitive. Three quarters of the book is essentially "I feel strange about something" followed by a few pages of "Hey, these characters are really monsters" followed by a page or two of wrap up.

Also, my copy had a blank page. Maybe that was where all of the interesting parts fell out.

4.0 out of 5 stars ENGROSSING!, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Shadows #1) (Kindle Edition)
I found myself only perusing the book at first but got caught up in the story and finished it in one sitting! Great job!

Nancy Jill Thames, Author

1.0 out of 5 stars Made no sense, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Paperback)
This book made no sense whatsoever. Different elements of the plot or the characters' backgrounds were all over the place. The author attempted to tie it all together in the end, but none of it made any sense. I was so frustrated,confused and annoyed that I wasted my time on this juvenile writing that felt like it was written by an adolescent learning to write. Do not waste your time or money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it!, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Paperback)
I thought this was great! I sat down and finished it in one sitting. Kept me interested the whole time, and I can't wait to read more of her stories! Good job!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Shadows #1) (Kindle Edition)
I perservered with this book in the hope that it would get better. It didn't. 75% of the way through and I still couldn't figure out what the plot was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this story, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Edge of Shadows (Shadows #1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved reading this story. There are some paranormal elements, but, those might be real abilities...somewhere. The characters are very descriptive and the scenery descriptions are so well written that I can picture Ellie's apartment, coffee shop, and the mansion in my head very easily. The story is suspenseful and moves along nicely. The ending is wonderful- it fits the story perfectly and it makes me want a sequel NOW!

Edge of Shadows (Shadows #1)
$0.00