5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good for a Single Person
Published 16 months ago by Gregg Hillier

1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck finding parts for repairs!!!
I have an Edgestar CW 2200 washer dryer combo. The spin cycle began to malfunction to the point it finally stopped spinning, I got online and tried for months to find a part supplier-Sears use to sell parts but apparently no longer do. I called the Edgestar company, they haven't made the units for at least 8 years and have no parts nor any advice on someone who does...
Published 17 months ago by Cris Haynes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good for a Single Person, May 13, 2013
Gregg Hillier (Portland, Ore USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
I live in a studio apartment with no washer/dryer hookups so a ventless washer/dryer combination was the only option for me. After reading mixed reviews of the Haier 1.8 Cu. Ft. model and not wanting to spring $1500 for an LG, I chose the Edgestar and I am quite satisfied so far. There are many things to love about this appliance: the custom cycle selector is great, the washer cleans very well, the machine is whisper quiet,you can select wash only or dry only, and the water usage is minimal. And then there is the dryer. Yes it takes a long time to dry - about 90 minutes for a small load, but if you are patient, clothes come out wrinkle-free and smelling great. I recommend the Edgestar for a single person who does not have to wash big loads frequently. A comforter will wash fine, but I would not try to dry it in a ventless dryer. Plan on 3 hours or more from start-to-finish for towels or a load of jeans.If that works for you, then this is a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good washer, December 24, 2012
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
Works very well. Bought for my 92 yr old uncle,think he got it figured out now. Very quite and balanced well for a extremely fast spinning machine.controls pretty easy to understand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck finding parts for repairs!!!, April 10, 2013
Cris Haynes (NE Washington State & Daytona Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White

I got my machine used, it worked for one month. When it worked it was the best little machine I'd ever used, now it's just an expensive and bulky space gobbler.

LG and I believe Phillips both sell Washer Dryer units, I'd suggest you purchase one of those as they are currently in production and parts should be available.

Edgestar. Such a disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Might as Well Do Laundry in the Sink., December 1, 2013
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
A small load of light weight laundry takes over 3 hours. A full size set of sheets and two pillowcases will require two loads and 6 hours to complete and still not be dry enough to put on the bed. If you have this kind of time plus the hours necessary to wait for the door to unlock and release your clothing than this is the machine is for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, October 17, 2013
Frederick (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
What a ridiculous waste of money. I get the same error messages every couple of weeks. I've had it repaired once already and it has already broken down again. I'd have better luck with a washboard and a clothesline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, May 7, 2014
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
Be reasonable in how much you put in and what you are expecting to get out of the machine, and it's wonderful. I live with one roommate so large capacity isn't needed, and it does everything we need it to do. People complain about the dry cycle, but personally I have not had a huge issue with its performance, if you load the machine to the weights listed in the manual, it seems to have no problem drying them. After the dry cycle is done the drum is full of humid air though, so it makes the clothes feel a bit like they're damp, but if you pull them out they'll dry immediately.

Not sure what other people did with theirs or if they got a bad machine, but this thing is just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product. Poor customer service., June 6, 2013
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
I purchased this product for a small apartment. The product arrived as scheduled but has never worked. It washes/spins but doesn't dry. Ever. The dryer runs for hours but the clothing comes out as if it's just been spun. I contacted EdgeStar and they couldn't find the product from the model/serial because it was an Amazon order. Once the product was found they scheduled a repair man. He showed up to tell me that his company doesn't fix EdgeStar appliances. I'm returning the product. It's caused me nothing but frustration.

I recommend you save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, July 12, 2013
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
Product arrived defective. The company who sold this had to use a third party to schedule the service repair. That this party had to call someone else to actually do the repair. No accountability for their products. We hired our own technician who laughed when he saw the brand name; he had never heard of it. Truth be told, I really wanted this machine to work well for us and had very high hopes. Ultimately it was a complete waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible machine, December 4, 2013
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
The vibration on the spin cycle is so bad it bounces all over the place. And the noise is ridiculous. I would definately NOT recommend this machine to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service, May 5, 2014
MW "mw" (MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Combo Washer/Dryer - White
Washer/dryer is less than a year old. Called for customer service - first the guy tried to tell me to watch a video that would show me how to unscrew the top, unscrew the fan and vacuum behind it (really? you expect customers to go inside the machine?) When I convinced him I needed service, he refused to send someone without the serial number even though I provided the order number and they have me in their records. I gave him a serial number but he says it's not valid and I cannot move the machine to see the serial number on the back (why aren't they ever anyplace accessible?) I suggested the repairman could get the serial number when he was here, but they insist they can't send anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›