5.0 out of 5 stars nice build quality
i use this clock at my desk at work the screen to bright and nice to look at didnt try the bluetooth though ....
Published 6 months ago by Ahmad Alrasasi

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, has issues, difficult to make snooze work.
Published on October 1, 2012 by W. Nicholls

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, has issues, difficult to make snooze work., October 1, 2012
This review is from: Edifier USA MF240BT Black Tick Tock Bluetooth (Electronics)
The display and design of this clock radio are nicely done. But we've found that it's too difficult to snooze the alarm. A short press to any area of the rubber multi switch is supposed to trigger snooze, but it's too easy to turn on the radio instead. And while the volume has full range adjustability when listening to the radio or bluetooth, the alarm volume can't be set below a fixed level (10) that's too loud for our liking.

The instructions aren't as clear as they could be, and they fail to mention features like the fact that there are several alarms presets you can set. The controls are simple, but not intuitive to use so the lack of clear documentation means you'll likely forget how to program the alarm unless you need to change settings frequently.

Sound quality is reasonable for a clock radio, but it's not good enough that I can recommend this bluetooth model. I really don't see us using this radio for as a speaker for playing tunes. Look at the less expensive versions of the Tick Tock but only if you're enamored of the styling and don't mind a rather loud bedside alarm.

Update: The snooze issue is intolerable. My wife is the primary user and says she has to carefully press the center of the top button pad, and for just the right amount of time, in order to make snooze work. Obviously, when you're wanting to snooze you don't want to have to wake up enough to deal with a very fussy snooze button. We've gone back to an older, less stylish alarm clock radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice build quality, June 5, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluetooth Stereo Clock, November 7, 2013
SO cute! I need to read the instructions again. I'm fairly techy, but I can't seem to adjust the time after Daylight Saving ended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, bad time-keeper, August 13, 2013
Matthew B. Penalber (SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Nice design and decent sound, but my biggest complaint is the clock doesn't keep good time. As time progresses you'll find it is off more and more (mine is too fast). My two friends also have the same issue with theirs.

4.0 out of 5 stars great if you prefer style over substance, July 28, 2013
Got this delivered the other day and I think it looks great. Is actually a lot bigger than it looks in the picture, maybe about the size of a small rockmelon.

Good points
- looks great and build quality is good
- big display
- better than average sound quality
- Bluetooth works well with my nexus 4 mobile
- easy to setup

Bad points
- its not a very good alarm clock. As other reviews mention it's hard to reach buttons especially if you're half asleep
- any non USA buyers need to buy an adaptor for the plug
- display is pretty bright. In a completely dark room the display will be bright enough to light up the room much like a smart phone screen would do. I'm OK with it as when you close your eyes you won't notice it but this may bother some.
- little bit expensive

Overall I love it purely for the design so if you just want a cool looking clock then get this and use your phone as the alarm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad..., April 12, 2013
This suits its purpose. You're not going to get high end quality sound out of it but so what... It looks like a modern version of an old style clock. The display is big and bright enough for me to see and that's what is most important to me. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Bright for use at night, December 23, 2012
Charles Jones (Highlands Ranch, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This does not work with the Nokia Lumia 822 Bluetooth and it is way too bright and no way to dim the light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well overall, design is good, controls stink, January 5, 2013
+Sounds good
+Looks nice (without tons of buttons cluttering up the back)

-Controls to turn the alarms on/off etc. are on the back and I keep forgetting what they each do. Helps make the unit look nice but its also a bit of a pain every time I go to change a setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars In order for you to adopt the clock permanently, you have to read the manual several times., April 17, 2014
I purchased the non-Bluetooth model clock from another vendor. some of the reviews are mentioning that the clock does not keep correct time, difficult to understand manual, and poorly thought out placement of control buttons. Yes, I agree with control buttons issue and the manual which requires PHD in Zen studies. It took about 10 minutes to fully digest the manual, and I was able to setup the clock with ease. Some mentioned that the screen is too bright; I say no to that, because I've seen clocks that should have been advertised as nightlight. Some mentioned that the speaker sounds horrible. I just want to warn you that you are not looking at a boombox. For me, the sound quality is fine for what it is. I played around with EQ settings on my iPhone and it sounds much better. Some mentioned difficulty with snooze button. If you read the manual carefully, it states that to turn the alarm off, you have to press and hold any available buttons except function button for a moment. To snooze, quickly press and let go of any buttons except the function button. The radio works fine, and the radio signal strength is displayed on the screen which is neat. For now, the clock is consistently keeping correct time.Yes there are few functional design issues with the clock, but once I figured it out, I'm so happy to have it next to my bed. The best part about the clock is the retro design and one less charging cord for my iphone on my night table.

3.0 out of 5 stars Aesthetically pleasing but some design flaws, August 20, 2013
I purchased this alarm clock mostly based on style because it was the only one that met what I was looking for. Overall it is fine. It does look nice. Another reviewer noted that his wife had difficulty with the snooze button. I've mastered the snooze but shutting off the alarm entirely each morning is more painful. I have not yet figured out how to shut it off without turning the radio on instead. On many occassions, after I've accidentally initiated the normal radio function, I then just adjust volume and channels in my effort to turn it off. The main button on the top of the clock controls all of these different functions so it's very easy to do something you didn't intend. Particularly when groggy in the AM. I keep hoping I'll learn the sweet spot but even after reading the (very) limited instructions, I still can't quite do exactly what I want the first time around. It's also a bit bright for my tastes. It does auto dim after a few minutes but even in dim mode it seems a bit bright. There's probably a function for dimming somewhere in the "do it all" button but I've stopped trying to figure the clock out and am just rolling with it. I will probably keep for aesthetic purposes but I am considering just using my cell phone for all alarm fucntionality.

Edifier USA MF240BT Black Tick Tock Bluetooth