Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 22, 2008
It has been said the "perception is preferred to reality" and in this case, it's true. Ignore the reality of a small, lightweight, easy-to-play electronic keyboard controller with 61 keys ....... think real piano with a feather touch. This keyboard's touch sensitivity is so nice, one would think they were playing an acoustic piano. The keys are not weighted and are slightly smaller than normal, but you won't notice the difference after a playing this keyboard for a few hours. Also, by using the Octave (+/-) Key, you can get the full range of an 88-key piano. The keyboard can also be split for "layered" sounds.

I use my keyboard coupled with a notebook and Cakewalk's Sonar 8SE. Cakewalk has collaborated with Roland (Edirol) to present a hardware device that works flawlessly with the software.

I'll leave the "ins and outs" of how to use the keyboard to the Owner's Manual, but I sincerely recommend this keyboard to anyone needing a device that will cover the range from simple input to your computer to playing "live" with soft synths via the USB port. (MIDI connections are provided, but an accessory power supply must be purchased since the unit is normally powered by the USB port.)
on May 12, 2011
Had this keyboard for awhile now but wanted to leave a review. There might be updated midi keyboard controllers presently on the market that surpass this particular model. This keyboard comes with 64 bit drivers, which replaced my old Roland that didn't.
Both keyboards have lasted me a long time, no sticky keys, all contacts work, and I definitely will purchase another Roland midi controller keyboard when the need arises. The included software interface allows you to manually program each control to your midi software, I use Reason. An upgrade for me would be weighted keys next time since I miss the "piano" feel.
on December 23, 2009
I have had this for two years now. Great midi controller; love the keyboard feel and response. I play almost daily (in home studio) and have had no problems with it. I use it with Logic Studio and a Roland SonicCell. Took a bit of manual configuration to set it up for Logic 8, but good midi education. I recommend this product.
on December 8, 2009
Love the amount of buttons and knobs on this thing. Allows me to control a vast array of instruments, especially with the customizable control maps. Program each map to different midi channels and switch between control maps to control the parameters of each of the instruments you need to control.
on July 27, 2014