Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 28, 2006 3:07:02 PM PST
E. Partridge says:
Hey, be the first on your block to find Ben's extraordinary contributions to this book. We don't want Rammesh blamed for any plagarism in his book, do we RedStaters? So let's go through this new one, edited by Ben, to be sure that Rammesh didn't also get victimized by Ben. I'm just sayin'

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2006 7:06:46 AM PDT
Logical Fallacy: Poisoning the Well

What E. Partridge is really saying: Owing to allegations against the editor, I don't need to reply to any of the arguments the author makes in his book--which I likely haven't read, and whose arguments I couldn't refute to save my life.

Contentious reply in the vein of E. Partridge: The New York Times contained stories invented by Jayson Blair out of whole cloth. 60 Minutes presented allegations belittling the president's National Guard service which were based on documents that could not be authenticated and were probably forged. Therefore, I need reply to no argument ever made in the New York Times or on 60 Minutes for the rest of time which I find personally inconvenient to try to refute.

QED

"Logic! What DO they teach them in these schools?"--from C. S. Lewis, _The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe_
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 28, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life
The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life by Ramesh Ponnuru (Hardcover - April 24, 2006)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (71)