Customer Discussions > Dead Space 2 forum

Edition labelled "Includes the demo for Deadspace Extraction" !?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 3:16:10 PM PDT
Wolfe says:
I just received a copy that has a blue "tag" at the bottom edge of the cover stating, " INCLUDES THE DEMO FOR DEADSPACE EXTRACTION." My understanding was that all PS3 versions Of DS2 included Extraction on the disc, not merely a demo - it's a big part of why I bought this. Has anyone encountered this same packaging and knows whether a full version is actually included, or merely a crippled demo? I don't want to open this copy if it doesn't include the full DS Extraction. Thanks very much.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 6:01:13 PM PDT
Adrian MG says:
Did you get the Limited Edition?? I own the LE and it clearly specify on the cover that DS Extraction is included. Maybe you get the regular version.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 7:55:55 PM PDT
Waldo says:
I believe ALL PS3 DS2 editions are to be considered Limited Editions and include the FULL game of DS Extraction!! Does the TOP cover of your game say Exclusive Content: Only On Playstation Limited Edition Dead Space 2? If so to all that, you got the right one as that's what mine says!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:21:07 AM PDT
C. Charlton says:
Ok, I just ordered this today. Says its temporarily out of stock and they'll ship it when available.

To end all confusion, or at least make an updated confirmation, I'll repost here with what comes in the mail, whether its a standard edition as pictured which I still don't know whether it exists or not cause every post seems to tell a different story, or if the Limited Edition with Extraction full game on it is what comes despite amazon's picture.

I hope it does come with Extraction, cause big part of why I'm buying it is for more Move multiplayer games in my library. But if it doesn't I'll try to do a 'walmart swap' if they have the same UPC, cause every time I look there or at Best Buy I see the LE, if that cant work I return it to amazon for my money back. So, fingers crossed.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:25:17 AM PDT
Waldo says:
I ordered mine off Amazon w/o it saying Limited Edition on it, and LE came. So you'll be fine!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:44:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 8:44:47 AM PDT
C. Charlton says:
Okay but I just want to be sure and try to save others the trouble of searching to find no results. When did you order yours?

Also noticed this on the product description on EA's Origin site:
"Once you've finished the main story, check out the new multiplayer mode and play as the very creatures that scared you pantless during the game. The PS3 version also includes Dead Space Extraction, a prequel to the original Dead Space that was previously exclusive to the Nintendo Wii."
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.108005900?intcmp=Origin_EACOM_OSNGDPCTA_dead-space-2

So they also have the stock picture of the game, same one amazon has here, and that's in their description so it seems pretty reassuring. But I'll still update so people can have another customer's word.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 9:07:31 AM PDT
Waldo says:
I ordered mine when it first came out, all DS2 for PS3 are considered Limited Edition even though Amazon doesn't have the right photo for it up! There were discussion boards about this at that time too. Check out the other pics on here and you will see customer post their pics of it showing the LE!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 11:06:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 11:17:17 AM PDT
Wolfe says:
I want to thank everyone that has posted to this discussion so far. The copy I initially received on June 28th was from Buyout.com LLC, fulfilled by Amazon. It has a blue "tab" label on the bottom edge of the front cover stating, " INCLUDES THE DEMO FOR DEADSPACE EXTRACTION." I have seen one post to another online forum, in which the poster stated that, although his copy was labelled in this same way, it actually contained a FULL version of Extraction. However, I haven't heard of any other such instances. I returned my copy unopened and ordered another directly from Amazon (delivered July 5th), but it turned out to have the same label.

I realize that most people who bought copies earlier received an edition with a tab that clearly states, "INCLUDES DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION," or they received an edition that didn't say anything about Extraction on the cover, but never-the-less contained it. That's why everyone says all PS3 versions have Extraction. However, it seems like EA is now shipping a new or alternate edition with the DEMO label to at least some retailers, including Amazon. EA's own website is still selling an edition that includes Extraction, according to the description there (of course, it's usually about ten dollars more than Amazon's price). If anyone has recently received a copy with the DEMO label and found it to contain the full version of Extraction, please let us all know. Meanwhile, I'm probably going to return this second copy unopened and buy one from EA, since I really want to be certain I'm getting Extraction. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 11:38:04 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Like I said on the other post, since you already have it in your possesion open it up, Extraction is on there for ALL PS3 versions. Does the top part of your game say "Exclusive Content Only on Playstation..Limited Edition? If so then Extraction is on there!!!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 11:50:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012 12:02:23 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
I'd like to see some pictures of that, cause I've never actually seen a PS3 version that was not a limited edition.

*commences google search*

well, 10 minutes and multiple search keyword variations later, no luck finding actual pictures of anything that is not a limited edition. Like I said when I get mine I'll be sure to give full details on what I receive, still hasn't shipped yet tho.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:32:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2012 4:13:19 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:32:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2012 4:13:45 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:32:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2012 4:13:09 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:32:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2012 6:57:58 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:32:58 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
ok my order just arrived, and it looks like I'll end up returning it cause it is as the OP says, its not a Limited Edition and the bottom says it includes a demo for dead space extraction.
I won't bother opening it to see whether its the demo or full game I'll just get it from Walmart or somewhere instead.

I'd upload pics, which I've already taken, but I'm on my phone now since my internet went down. So when i can get my laptop back I'll put then up for everyone to see.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:14:30 PM PDT
Wolfe says:
I posted images of the edition I received.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 3:13:48 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Try Newegg.com, even in the description page with them it says it will be Limited Edition. Not sure what's going on with Amazon then , because I got Limited Edition with Amazon!

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:23:00 PM PDT
Wolfe says:
Just wanted to let others know that Newegg is ALSO now shipping the (new?) standard edition without the full Extraction, although their site description specifically says it's the Limited Edition. Another poster suggested ordering from there. I tried it. Oh well.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:56:05 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Wow! That sucks! So weird!

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 9:32:58 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
I'd say, just go to Walmart and get it. And if you don't have a problem manipulating the system, just return whatever u got from Amazon/Newegg to Walmart and keep the LE u got from there cause both the standard and limited editions share the exact same UPC codes.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:10:08 AM PDT
Wolfe says:
EA/Origin is now also shipping this new "standard" edition without the full Dead Space Extraction, even though their site still says Extraction is included in the PS3 version. They actually reduced the price of my order by 10 bucks and shipped this crippled edition, all without contacting me. What a hassle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 2:52:26 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
well if you got $10 off the $20 I think they sell it for there I'd stick with it and just get Extraction off the PS store, I think that's what it costs. that way you won't need to put the disc in every time u want to play it.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:11:41 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
otherwise, like I said just get the limited edition of DS2 if you can find it at a Walmart and return the standard edition to them. shady but it might be the only way now it seems
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 2 forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 2 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (286)