4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
This needlework stand is close to perfect with one troubling flaw.
If you are doing needlepoint using stretcher bars, it is difficult to
get the wooden clamps down tight enough to hold the bars securely.
I've got mine as tight as possible and my project still wiggles out
sometimes. Maybe it's better with dowels for scrolling or large
embroidery...
Published on March 24, 2010 by KaySing

1.0 out of 5 stars Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand delimma!
Published 3 months ago by MO reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, March 24, 2010
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
This needlework stand is close to perfect with one troubling flaw.
If you are doing needlepoint using stretcher bars, it is difficult to
get the wooden clamps down tight enough to hold the bars securely.
I've got mine as tight as possible and my project still wiggles out
sometimes. Maybe it's better with dowels for scrolling or large
embroidery frames. I still like it and am working with it regularly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier Stitching, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
Once the stand was put together, I was quite happy with it. However, I did run into a problem in assembling the stand. One of the holes was not wide enough for the bolt that was to go into it. My husband had to use a drill to make it a little bigger. Other than that, it went together easily. The only issue I have is that it is not as easy to access the back of your work as the instructions indicate. I'm not quite getting a good angle but it may be that I just need to work at it to find the right angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands- free Needlepoint, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
This stand is light-weight, but very stable for working on large needlepoint canvases. It does adjust to every angle that I've needed. When I'm not working on my piece, it seems like it's on display and can sit right in the room. What else could I want? A diagram with the assembly instructions would have been helpful; assembly could be
a nightmare for some people. But the frame is exactly as advertised and an "I-don't-know-how-I-did-without-this"
piece of equipment.

4.0 out of 5 stars rating, April 15, 2012
Kathryn K. Potter (Chattanooga, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
Upon receipt one of the stand I had difficulty getting the stand to hold sstand.everal of the scroll frames I have. My daughter had to help rig the side clamps so that they would not slip and let the needlepoint frame slide off the floor stand. This could be because of the size of the scroll frames I have. A narrow width frame would not be a problem. I am keeping the frame, I think we can make permanent adjustments and it will be fine. I do like the convenience of a floor stand and this is the best value I have ever seen. I have looked at different ones for years, locally and on the internet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand delimma!, September 6, 2014
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
The Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand item description states on the very first line that this product works well with a wide variety of crafting attachments, including the Edmunds Quilt Hoops. Unfortunately, the CLAMPS that attach the hoop to the stand will NOT hold the hoop securely, once you have installed your quilt IN the hoop. It is very wobbly and the hoop falls out of the attachments on each side of the hoop. The wooden hoop attachments and screws that tighten the attachments need to be REDESIGNED. They are about 4 " long. Probably if they were shorter, it may work. I was very disappointed. The company was flippant and not accommodating when I contacted them and asked for help. It's a shame. Customer service is important and I would have appreciated some concern about my problem and some help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
My husband and I found the Stitch Master Floor Stand easy to assemble. As it was raw timber, we pulled it apart again, and it has since been stained, and reassembled. The Floor Stand arrived 2 weeks ago, and I have completed my first project, and am currently preparing my next. We made a slight modification to the bolt assembly where the actual tapestry frame sits into the stand. I like to be able to swing the frame over to make accessing the back of my work easier, so have bought longer bolts and placed plastic spacers against the timber so I can swing the frame as I work, without it hitting the stand. If the curved arms had have been a little taller, this modification may not have been necessary. Over all, I am as pleased as punch that I made this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Edmunds Stitch Master Hands Free Floor Frame 6116, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
When I received my floor frame, there was one part where the wood was cracked and was not able to be used. I called to have the problem resolved on the day I received the package. Edmunds was supposed to send me instructions on how to send it back and receive a replacement. They did not do it and did not respond to more phone calls.

I had a new piece of wood fabricated at my expense so that I could use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Functional, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
This stand was fairly easy once I figured out the directions. I have it holding a 23" quilting hoop. It is lightweight making it easy to move about, yet sturdy enough not to topple over- yet. It has made working on projects so much easier and convenient! Seemed a bit expensive, but now definitely worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
I like that it will hold such a variety of project sizes and shapes.
It was easy to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand (Misc.)
I have now had this frame for 6 months. It is perfect for holding any of my stitching projects whether they are in a hoop or on scroll bars. Easily assembled, sturdy and fully adjustable. I truly recommend this.

Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand