5.0 out of 5 stars DS Child in an inclusive school setting, May 17, 2010
Rita S. Cruz (Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educating Peter (DVD)
I purchased this video in preparation for my 9yo son with DS entering the U.S. public school system for the first time as he had been schooled overseas all this time. We love the video and related very well with Peter's parents. My son loves watching this video and I have shared this with my son's caregivers and teachers and therapists as well. Though every child is unique, this video I think gives a good idea of what the experience may be like for teachers and peers to have a child/kid with special needs in a regular classroom setting, especially from a behavior management standpoint, social as well as academic goals and objectives over the course of a school year. This is a great documentary that I highly recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching tool, July 19, 2010
This review is from: Educating Peter (DVD)
Excellent teaching tool in our High School class of Tutors in training. Lead to classroom discussion and a much broader understanding of individuals with special needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting documentary, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Educating Peter (DVD)
Having worked with a range of developmentally disabled kids and adults, I found this documentary to be a good representation of many of the challenges of dealing with these life issues. The DVD shows an early example of integrating DD kids into regular classrooms, showing both what works and what doesn't. For those who might be interested, HBO made a follow up to this called "Graduating Peter", that delves into more of the long term issues for both Peter and his parents. Although practices have evolved and improved a lot since this series came out, it's still a relevant case study, and highlights many of the challenges facing DD people, their families, and their communities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educating Peter, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Educating Peter (DVD)
Very educational, and a great learning tool for my children and myself, DVD was in very good condition. Loved it.

Educating Peter
Educating Peter by Geraldine Wurzburg (DVD - 2006)
Used & New from: $39.95