5.0 out of 5 stars "They All Eat Chocolate Ice Cream Cones!!!"
Published on June 25, 2002 by plumbinsane

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong DVD
It wasn't what i expected in the following DVD I thought it was based on today's topic of social engineering..
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars "They All Eat Chocolate Ice Cream Cones!!!", June 25, 2002
"plumbinsane" (Reading, PA United States) - See all my reviews
It totally rules!! "Why Vandalism?" is particularly amazing. "Shy Guy" is good because it has a very young Dick York. Actually, I recognized a few of these from Nick at Nite about 10 years ago...they used to show "The Patty Duke Show" and "Dobie Gillis" and all that, and in between they'd show snippets of old classroom films!!! Man, those were the days. The kid in "Soapy The Germ Fighter" kind of looks like a dirty, young male adolescent Bjork ..."Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast?" is WAY too short. I'd pay [price] for 2 hours of just her in her gloriously funky room. When I finally got 'round to the final film, "The Outsider", I got all giddy; after all, the last filmstrip in "Vol I: Sex & Drugs" was the brilliant "The ABC's of Sex Ed For Trainables." . Once again, Skip does not disappoint! This film is the most brilliantly melodramatic portrayal of basic young girl blues I have ever seen. Thank goodness Susan Jane's mother intervenes, before she has a total mental breakdown! I can't wait until I get "On The Job"!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite of the "Educational Archives" series, November 1, 2002
Joseph A. Blevins (Arlington Heights, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I own all four of the "Educational Archives" DVDs, and so far, Volume 2 is my favorite. I love "Lunchroom Manners" and "Soapy the Germ Fighter" best of all. Oh, and the one about Chalky -- that's a keeper. "Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast?" really takes me back to my own elementary school days, because our teacher actually SHOWED us that bizarre little film as part of a "good nutrition" unit. I love the ending -- "STOP PROJECTOR; DISCUSS MOVIE." Wouldn't it be great if more movies ended like that?
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Why doesn't Cathy eat breakfast?, November 19, 2001
ADAM STANHOPE (Kingston, Massachusetts USA) - See all my reviews
Great DVD! Most of the films are funny and interesting. A couple of lame ones tossed in there, too, unfortunately. (4 stars vs. 5 star ratings).
This DVD features "Soapy the Germ Fighter," "Why Vandalism?" and my favorite, "Why doesn't Cathy eat breakfast?"
I can't wait for more to come out! Bring us more 60s and 70s features! Wooooooooo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Angry puppets and giant cakes of soap, June 10, 2002
All that and more can be yours if your order this disc today!
Vol. 2 of the Educational Archives series is an entertaining glimpse back to much simpler times when educators and parents felt that kids learned lessons in morality best when instructed by giant soap bars, talking chalk drawings, omniscient narrators, and Mike Wallace. This collection of films contains a lot of classic education winners: Lunchroom Manners features the puppet depot, Mr. Bungle, and Shy Guy showcases a very young Dick York, who went on to bigger and better things.
I adore this disc, and hope there are many more to come in the series. As a collector of 16 mm prints, I appreciate the opportunity to have some of these rarer titles. As an archivist and popular culture scholar, I can't express how strongly I feel about why sources why these should be documented and preserved for many generations to enjoy. These "hokey" films are in important part of the history of the culture of both adolescents and teenagers in the U.S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong DVD, June 30, 2013
Amazon Customer (Detroit Michigan, U.S.A) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, November 19, 2012
Cathy (EL PASO, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educational Archives: Social Engineering 101 (DVD)
I bought this for my school and was very interested in finding something to correlate to The Catcher in the Rye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Social Engineering, August 15, 2009
This review is from: Educational Archives: Social Engineering 101 (DVD)
This is really funny stuff--my students thought it was a joke! They laughed and then after sitting through some of the old 1950's classroom videos, they were actually compelled to listen to the advice! Used it to to Catcher in the Rye, to demonstrate what the attitudes, clothing and hair styles were like back then and to show what was acceptibly force-fed to the mass public!

Educational Archives: Social Engineering 101