EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS BLURT!
|Price:||$12.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$12.05 (48%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- What word means "a partially dried grape"? Be the first to shout "raisin" and you're on your way to winning this riotous game of rapid word recall!
- Listen to a definition and race to respond! The first player to "Blurt" correctly moves ahead on the game board. Make it around first and you win!
- Uproarious party game and perfect for family game night - includes rules for junior version.
- Includes 200 cards (1200 clues!), 6 game pieces, game board, die, and guide.
- Promotes vocabulary building and word recall
- Includes 300 cards, which have 1800 clues at 2 playing levels
- This special edition includes a Junior version for ages 7-9, as well as the regular version
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The Big Idea: Blurt!
Best-selling Blurt! gets a make-over: brand-new box and game board, and even better party-ready game play! What word means 'a partially dried grape?' Be the first to say 'raisin' and you’re on your way to winning this riotous game of rapid word recall. Sounds simple, but as the race for the right word heats up and the blurting gets boisterous, it’s easy to get tongue-tied!
Shhh. ..They're Learning
- Improves vocabulary and word recall.
- Encourages quick thinking skills
- Promotes good sportsmanship and social skills.
How to Play
1. Players rotate between readers and players. Reader rolls the die. The number rolled determines which clue on the card to read and how many spaces on the game board the clue is worth.
2. All other players race to be the first one to blurt out the answer. (Blurt away - there's no penalty for wrong answers).
3. First to blurt correctly moves ahead on the game board.
4. Winner is the first to return to start after circling the board.
For 3-12 players.
The nitty-gritty: Key Features
Fun new look for best-selling Blurt!
- New game board designed for large groups.
- 200 Cards (1200 clues!)
- 6 Game pieces
- Instructional guide
Awards and Accolades
- Teacher's Choice Awards for the Family
- NAPPA Honors Winner
- Dr. Toy's Best Picks for New Children’s Products
- Kaboose.com “12 Amazing Games for Families”
Meet the Inventor: Tim Walsh
Inventor Tim Walsh designed Blurt! out of necessity—an on-the-spot invention to keep the kids in his wife's classroom engaged. Tim opened up the dictionary and called out definitions, and the kids enthusiastically 'blurted' out their answers. Now a worldwide sensation, Blurt! combines the perfect amount of speed and competitiveness to make it addictive for kids and adults alike!
Top Customer Reviews
I still wouldn't say it's my favorite word game. For one thing, the box makes it seem like players will be shouting out any words they can think of, but in practice, that's not what always happened in our group. Often, no one blurted anything until they could think of a very reasonable answer. This made playing the game a little boring. Another problem is that some definitions are harder for younger kids. It's true that all the cards have a "junior level" side with easier vocabulary words, but if you are playing with people of a wide range of ages, the older and more educated ones will more likely figure out the word before the younger kids.
Sorry if my review sounds too critical, but I just wanted to be as helpful as possible. Overall I still think this is a great game, and I don't regret owning it.
So, we were thrilled to find it available again and, happily, updated with new words and clues! The rules are simple. Players take turns reading the definition of the word on the card. They then proceed to blurt out the word being defined. Sounds easy, right? Yes and no! Many of the words have multiple answers, and you've got to be both fast and right to advance on the game board. PLUS, you may be way ahead of your competition and then be taken down by a trailing challenger through several allowed, head-to-head challenge rules.
There are two levels of clues and a junior version of the game for kids 7 to 9 included. Everyone competes to blurt the right answer, so there's no waiting for your turn, making this fast-paced game perfect for families and word nerds of all ages.
I sent my daughter, grown and on her own now, a Blurt game. She plays Scrabble on line with her friends and makes her living as a word nerd. She's added it to the collection of games they enjoy with a bottle of wine and some fondue. Looks like lots of great things are back in style!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Blurt comes with the playing board, box of questions, and several colored game tokens. You have three players or up to twelve players. Read morePublished 27 days ago by NewAgeMama
Great gift for your kids to increase their vocabulary.Absolutely loves it,great for family game aswell..Published 28 days ago by momof2kids
I love this game.....as an educational game, for now. As another reviewer said, if you're playing with a mixed age group, the older players will be able to win pretty easily. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Charlie R.
This game is so fun! A few of the questions stumped me for sure!
The age on the box is definitely the youngest I'd go. Read more
My middle schoolers jump straight to the harder side on the cards. They were very into the game.Published 1 month ago by Sarah Hain
BLURT! is very easy to set up and play without a lot of direction. I got this game for my 10 year old niece; she had the instructions read and was ready to play in a matter of... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer