4.0 out of 5 stars We Love it!
Published on August 20, 2009 by HomeschoolMom38

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought the Lonpos 505 instead
Published on December 14, 2011 by Gman

4.0 out of 5 stars We Love it!, August 20, 2009
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
We bought this game after having fun playing with a family members for many hours. They had the LONPOS 303 brainteaser version of this game. When I read reviews it said that this is the same as the Lonpos version. Let me make it clear - it is not. There are 2 to 3 times more puzzles in the Lonpos 303 version. (*This appears to be the same as Lonpos 101 version, however.) It may cost more, but you will get more out of it in the long run!! This is a great game and we play with for many hours, but we are disappointed and should have bought the other. I do see that the review is no longer there that says it the same. Just thought others would like to know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 3-D logical thinking puzzle, November 22, 2007
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
I really like three dimensional puzzles and this one is fun. I actually bought it for my 8 year-old son but I did all the puzzles as well.

It has a variety of difficulty levels that have you set the game pieces up with a few remaining. Those 'leftover' pieces have to fit in to make a complete pyramid. The beginning levels only have one or two pieces left over and the advanced levels have 5 or 6. My son has not made it through all the levels but has enjoyed watching me finish them.

It is fun to hold, works well, easy to travel with and can work with a variety of age levels. All the pieces fit inside the box.

It would be nice to have more puzzles in the book since once you've done them, it's not as much fun to go back to the same ones again.

This is great for spacial thinking as you have to think of how the pieces will work together to fill the holes left in each puzzle as well as how to place all the pieces as they are pictured in the puzzle book.

5.0 out of 5 stars really fun for all ages, December 1, 2006
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
My son really like logic and puzzles, but we weren't expecting much when we bought this, as we had been disappointed with a lot of the games out there. Well, this game is great. Fun, challenging and portable, a wonderful present. I like it as much as my son does. I slip it into my purse and we play it at restaurants when waiting to get a meal, on airplanes and car trips, etc. A very good value, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun brain game!, May 15, 2007
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
This is a fun game for kids. It has different levels of play, so even preschoolers like my four-year-old son can play. My first grader brings it to school, and it's always a hit with her classmates. This is intended for solo play, so if you have more kids at home you may want to buy more than one. It's great for road trips as well. Highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought the Lonpos 505 instead, December 14, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
A friend of mine had the Lonpos 505 and I saw this one was a cheaper version of it, so I bought some for family members for Christmas... When it came in it only has 100 puzzles (compared to the 505 in the 505) and the first 36 puzzles are extremely easy... Ended up having to order the 505's for my family instead because they would have gotten bored with this within a couple of days...

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy!, January 17, 2008
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
Our entire family loves to play with Kanoodle. Unfortunately, it is a solitaire game, so unless you buy more than one, people have to settle for taking turns with it. It has both 2-D and 3-D puzzles that range from very simple to challenging. Young children can solve many of the easy 2-D puzzles for a sense of accomplishment, but the last few are far more challenging. The size makes it easy to pack along for travel. Have a child bored while waiting at the doctor's office or to get a tire changed? Whip out Kanoodle and he will be bored no longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, but definitely needs more puzzles..., December 28, 2009
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
This is a great spatial thinking game, where you are shown how to place a certain number of pieces, and you have to figure out where the remaining pieces go to create a pyramid (or in the easier version of the game, to create a rectangle).

However, there are only a handful of puzzles that would be mildly challenging to an adult or a spatially gifted child -- most of them can be solved very quickly. Therefore I would recommend this for young elementary and preschool aged children, as they may be challenged by it for a few months at least. But older children will solve all of the puzzles fairly easily and will be left hungering for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT game for all ages, August 16, 2010
Running Gal (Texas Hill Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
This is a wonderful game and keeps my 6 year old and 8 year old engaged for hours. I have enjoyed helping the kids when they get stuck, it is fun to try and figure out the puzzle together. It is just the right size to pack along for car or plane rides or family vacations. Be careful not to lose the instructions, though, otherwise the game is useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, February 1, 2008
Debbie (Lake Orion, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
I bought this for my 11 year old son. My 5 year old daughter enjoys playing with it too. Very durable. Quite ingenious. Makes them use their noggin! Very colorful and eye appealing. Handy booklet of puzzle starters comes with it and fits inside little storage box. Puzzles range from very simple, to quite complex. Something for everyone to play with (kids to adult). Quite the value for such a low price...well worth it. Dimensions: 3" x 5 1/2" x 3/4". Small enough to easily fit in purse or backpack. Would definitely recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplement for vision therapy!, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Educational Insights Kanoodle (Toy)
I got this yesterday for my 8 year old to help supplement her vision therapy. She's very reluctant to do things that require skill with visual perception, pattern recognition, etc, because she's not strong at it yet.... so her doc & I have been trying to find fun ways to covertly get her working on it at home. Voila! She is playing with it right now of her own volition! The lower levels are tough for her, but she enjoys it nonetheless - and there's increasing difficulty waiting for her when she masters this stuff.
It seems like a fun game as well, so I'm just delighted to have found something that targets just what we need to work on & is FUN too!

Educational Insights Kanoodle