Published 20 months ago by Jennifer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Published 15 months ago by bygwit

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, September 18, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
I have toddlers and my kids LOVE the Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game made by the same company. We bought the BBQ Blitz game because we saw a flyer inside the squirrel game box and it looked like a lot of fun. There is no skill (other than having speed) or taking turns in this game. The directions are simply to be the fastest to build your burgers. It's over in a minute or two. We played the game ONE time and my daughter said she didn't like it and they honestly never wanted to play again. The pieces are super cute, but it's not a game worth buying in my opinion. The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game, however, is an awesome first game for toddlers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great games with alternative play modes and possible thematic play, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
I work with children with autism and I alter the game for several different children's abilities. Some kids love the racing aspect and for some kids I modify it to work on turn taking and matching. Also I was able to use it for thematic play. We sat up a table with dolls and pretended that to take orders for hamburgers. We pretended to cook on the grill and prepared their hamburger. I like that the game board is the box (one less thing to worry about) and it's sturdy. One downfall is that there are less hamburgers buns than patties (for the racing aspect of it) so that's a downfall if you want to modify the game. Very cute game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flipping Fun, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
As a pediatric occupational therapist, I like using this game with my young clients as it teaches them to match, sequence, and focus as well as addresses fine motor skills, especially forearm rotation and motor planning.
--Lindsey Biel, OTR/L, Author Sensory Processing Challenges: Effective Clinical Work with Kids & Teens and coauthor, Raising a Sensory Smart Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Backyard BBQ action in your living room!, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
I gave this to my niece who instantly started flipping burgers and buns. To her, it was her own BBQ station where she can serve up the guests. She's two and a half and easily got the concept of matching the burgers to the pictures on the plates. The spatula was easy for her to use...she was able to place the burgers perfectly on the plate! Once everything was served, she would put them all back on the BBQ to start all over again! Great imaginative fun play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift for Grandkids, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
Both grandchildren love games and anything related to food. I know they are enjoying. Sure it is a winner for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I get you a burger?, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
Great fun for kids learning how to take food orders, pretend to cook, and serve meals. Easily allows for creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars and I love this game, December 27, 2014
KJ Gomez (hanford, california United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
I am a pediatric occupational therapist, and I love this game! I've used this game with diverse populations in various settings (school-based, early intervention, and in community integration programs); it's a big hit! My clients frequently request to play this game, and they are motivated to play it multiple times! I've used it to develop visual motor and perceptual skills, forearm control (palm-up to palm-down movements), and have modified it to target hand/finger strengthening.

5.0 out of 5 stars we LOVE this game, December 5, 2014
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
Received to review. I have to say, we LOVE this game.

My twins are 4 and were able to figure it out quickly. They loved using the spatulas to lift the parts of their burger. I loved it because like many parents, we also have a baby, and this game has no little parts that little hands could put into little mouths. I also love that the game is contained to its own box. Genius! We played 10 rounds the first time it was out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun!, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
Great little game! Well made, my 5 year old girls can play this game by themselves, and also make up their own games with it. Great quality, Great value, great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars BBQ Blitz user friendly, April 26, 2014
C. Fowles (Moorestown, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! (Toy)
Like that pieces can stay in box. It's a friendly game. Kids laughing when playing. Kids also enjoyed game variations.

Educational Insights Bbq Blitz!
Educational Insights Bbq Blitz! by Educational Insights