5.0 out of 5 stars Very kid friendly
I bought this because it was cheap. Turned out to be pretty good. I'm not saying my daughter is taking it out to a safari expedition but it functions well as a toy and has some magnification. What I like most is the neck strap has a break away clasp. I slight tug and it will open without cranking her neck and it's easy to reattach. Not bad for kids binoculars.
Published on November 2, 2009 by J. Klein

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely works
Published 16 months ago by figuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very kid friendly, November 2, 2009
This review is from: Educational Insights Geosafari Binoculars With Compass (Toy)

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely works, April 16, 2013
The field of view is small and just looks plain bad. The adjuster tends to stick and doesn't have much range. Also it seems wide for kids. You can get real binoculars for the same price (I paid $10 for these) or less. My Tasco Binoculars were $11.70 here on Amazon and they are double the power and far superior in every way. I actually picked up a second pair at Kmart for a little over $8, but for some reason they are not listed on their web site. You can get also get vivitar binoculars which are also better for $7. Only thing is neither of these have a break away neck lanyard. For small children I'd just tie it shorter to make a hand size lanyard and cut the extra off.

Tasco Essentials 8x 21mm Roof Prism Compact Binocular (Brown Camo)
Tasco Essentials 10x25 Compact Binocular (Black)
Vivitar Classic Series VIV-CS-821 8x21 Dual Barrel Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Binoculars for Children, October 24, 2010
Joscelyn Allen (Patterson, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these for my granddaughters and they love them. We have explored how they work by looking a birds and animals that enter the back yard. My oldest granddaughter has discovered that she can see far off and gets a kick out of that. They are a great educational, as well as fun, item to have. Great value for the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but compass doesn't really work ..., December 28, 2010
Overall, my 5 year old sons loves his new binoculars. They work reasonably well for the price and for a childs toy. The only thing that doesn't work is the compass. It moves, but does not point North reliably.

2.0 out of 5 stars Spend a little more money, December 26, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is just a cheap toy and not very functional as binoculars at all. I got these for my 5 year old and I wish I had spent a little more money on a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, November 28, 2012
Purchased for an 8 yr old.
Very nice quality and bargin.
Very fast shipping.
She'll be able to use these for several years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool, November 2, 2012
Very fun item to use while outdoors with the kids. Durability has been pretty good so far. Kids are always looking to learn new things this item helps spark their interest and keeps them out of the house for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, September 8, 2012
I ordered this as a gift for my 5yr old grandson in combination of other items for hiking and bug watching, catching. He has enjoyed it tremendously. It is very sturdy and the compass was an added treat that we were able to teach him about. He loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, April 16, 2013
Don't expect too much from these binoculars, they definitely give a closer view on objects distant but you can't see the feathers on the bird at the top of the tree. My 4 and 6 year old boys are quite happy with them. I don't believe the compass is removable as pictured, I tried to remove it with no success (all-be-it, not very hard for fear of breaking them). The binoculars are sturdy and feel substantial in your hands, my 4 year old (who breaks everything within minutes of receiving toys) has only broken the strap that goes around his neck (lost the connector for the easy break away function). The glass in the lens is sitll entact and the binoculars still function, trust me when I state this is close to a miracle for my little guy.

The binoculars served our purpose: they were part of the kids' easter basket this year (2013) along with safari outfits and a map case for the easter egg hunt map the bunny left. These are our creative approaches to less candy! Everything was a huge success.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received an open package, March 24, 2014
The order came in a timely fashion, however the package that housed the binoculars itself had been opened before. It was cut all along the boarders and then flimsily put back together with one piece of tape at the top. The product description described the item as new, but this one clearly was not. Very disappointing purchase and a waste of my time.

Educational Insights Geosafari Binoculars With Compass