Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on April 20, 2013
Bought this for a summer camp that I teach and it isn't any good. Kids couldn't see anything and bored of it really quick. Wish I would have bought a more expensive one.
on November 16, 2011
Bought the microscope for my 9 year old son and overall I am very happy with the microscope. It is a great introductory microscope, but it is a toy microscope. If he does take to it definitely have to spring for a better one, but for short money it is a great introductory microscope.
on January 3, 2014
While this set is pretty complete for a beginner, The scope has a metal body which is why I bought. It also said the optics were good according to specs. For the money it's ok. Problem lies in focus. The whole carriage twists to the side as you focus taking the subject out of alignment. I'm going to see if there is an adjustment screw or something. i bought an even nice one similar for my son and it's the same way.
on December 28, 2013
Bought this for my daughter for Christmas and she loves it. she is 8 years old and is enjoying science. it comes with a lot of nice things like viles for placing specimens in, scalpel to cut the specimen and tweezers. we have had fun collecting things like dog hair and making slides. we bought it with a set of premade slides and blank ones, but it does come with a few blank ones.
on December 27, 2013
The manufacture states "Not a toy, but a scientific instrument". This is clearly false advertising. I wouldn't even consider this product a functional toy.

It is almost impossible to focus the microscope on even the lowest magnification. This is due to the exceptionally poor quality of the lenses and the fact that the focusing gears are made out of loose fitting plastic. It is so badly made I felt so disappointed for my son when he opened this Christmas present.
on July 30, 2013
Very cheaply made, spend your money on something better. Don't bother buying it put your money toward something better that will work well.
on January 12, 2014
The price was good to spark an interest with my 7 year old at christmas. It did the job on that end. I was disappointed in how cheap the product was. I guess you get what you pay for too. If you want this as a gift to seek interest in science then a decent buy. If you are looking for long term use, spend a little more and get a better microscope.
on April 3, 2013
i don't give opinions because all because someone likes it does not mean they will like it too,
but i like it a lot putting the bulb in was hard at first. it is a good one . i did not like it very much that 3 slides has something on it but it a good microscope.
on January 18, 2013
Really expected a better quality, even for the price. Shouldn't call it a microscope if you can't see microscopic things.
on January 11, 2015
The optics of this microscope are not good enough to discern even the most basic cellular structures. I was hoping I could show my niece a nucleus, cell walls, etc... but despite my expertise (PhD student that uses microscopes constantly) and despite her enthusiasm, this microscope came up drastically short. Because it was clear that she had an interest in microscopy, I will be sending her a better microscope as a "make-up present". I took one of the pre-made slides to the good microscope at my lab, and it was basically garbage. If you want to discourage your young budding scientist from continuing that path, this is the product for you. If you actually want them to be excited by the microscopic world, buy a different microscope (this one will just frustrate and discourage them).