"I believe that this is the premier treatment of this topic currently on the market. Such a textbook would have been very useful to me in my own training." - Frederick J. Brigham, George Mason University
"It is Informational yet conversational and engaging to the reader." - Christine Anne Royce, Shippensburg University
"The text is very easy to read and provides a good overview of the topics." - Linda Shepherd, Indiana University - Bloomington
"When it comes to balancing qualitative and quantitative approaches in a single text, this is the best book currently available in the market." - Hari Koirala, Eastern Connecticut State University
"Most other books cover the same material. This book communicates directly to the students better." - Julita G. Lambating, California State University - Sacramento
From the Back Cover
This book is the only introductory educational research text to offer a truly balanced and integrated treatment of both quantitative and qualitative methods. Written in clear and practical language, Educational Research will help its readers get started doing their own research and will also help them become better readers of research.
Updates for this edition include:
- Increased coverage of ethics in Chapter 10: Reporting and Evaluating Research
- A new boxed feature called “Ethical Dilemma” has been added to every chapter in part three. The feature summarizes an ethical issue related to the chapter content that comes up in the research of professionals. Each Ethical Dilemma ends by posing a discussion question to the reader.
- The majority of the sample articles have been replaced with more recent articles. All of the annotations and other associated text has been rewritten accordingly.
- New Chapter 1 The Process and Approaches of Research further integrates the treatment of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Additional coverage of how to find a research problem (Chapter 2)
- Additional information on the difference between dissertation, thesis, and journal article writing strategies (Chapter 3)
- Updated information on statistical programs and simulation programs for learning statistics (Chapter 8)
- information on the relationship between response rate and response bias (Chapter 12)