Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 16, 2010
I'm impressed. This mama, shopped and shopped and shopped for the perfect kitchen.

What I was looking for:

Wooden (love the great Waldorf stuff but not the BIG price tags)
Gender Neutral
Affordable
Durable
Easy to Assemble
Not too large

This kitchen meets all of these criteria, less the durability one as it hasn't been played with yet). This is a really nice looking little unit-- it is supposedly white, but it is mostly natural wood with a white counter/shelf. The little pops of color look mod and hip (okay, I was looking for that too). I'm pumped. Buy this one,
on June 24, 2011
I'll admit our biggest concern when buying a toy kitchen was size. In a city apartment every inch counts, and most of the toy kitchens out there are monstrous. Not an option in a 60 square foot bedroom! The compact size gets 5 stars on its own.

The unit itself is surprisingly stylish and has some nice features. My daughter loves that the knobs on the stove make a clicking sound when they turn, and she enjoys playing with the (very removable) faucet, which is pretty much never where it is "supposed to be". There are some strong shelves in each cabinet and a cute little rack for hanging a dish towel.

Very sturdy. The doors have seen a good amount of abuse and hold up well, however it was near impossible to get them to line up just right when putting the kitchen together. No big deal. In general, putting it together was a piece of cake.

Totally worth the money and nice to not have yet another giant piece of crappy plastic in our house. Highly recommended.
on November 28, 2010
I bought this for my daughter's second birthday as she has just started to try to copy me as I cook, clean, etc. She loves this kitchen and so do I! It was super easy to assemble and it so well-made and sturdy enough to handle all the abuse a toddler can throw at it. It is small enough to fit in my small kitchen so that my daughter can "cook" alongside me. I love the bright, cheerful colors and it is so much cuter than those huge plastic toy kitchens. This kitchen might be a little small and too simple for older kids who want a more realistic set up, but it is perfect for toddlers and young children.
on May 21, 2012
This is a little different than some have reviewed. It does not have a towel bar on the side, but the faucet has been changed so little hands can not remove it. So, I think it is perfect.
It took this grandmother an hour and a half to put together, but if you really pay attention to the picture directions you should not take this long. It is really well made and I love the size. Yes, it is small but for an 18 month old to probably 4 year old it should be great. Yes, I said 18 month old. She loves it and the Hape food accessories I got for it. I just did not get the very small ones. I also got the refrigerator that goes with it. All told a great play toy that does not overtake your house or look awful with bright colors. This Grammy gives it 2 thumbs up!
on March 26, 2012
We decided to order this kitchen because of the simple look of the kitchen to coordinate with our home, the fact that it is on the smaller size which I thought would suit our daughter better, and because of the good reviews. We put it together in under 20 minutes last week and our daughter has been playing with it non-stop since her 1st birthday. She loves opening and closing the cupboards and putting play food in and out of it. Its funny how she totally "gets" how to play with it after watching mommy in the kitchen for months! It appears very sturdy and I think it will last us a good amount of time. I'm very happy with the purchase.
on January 27, 2015
I looked at a lot of kitchens before deciding on this one, and I'm very pleased with the purchase. We live in a small apartment and need to conserve space. This was for my 1.5 yr old son. Fit the bill on both accounts. It's the perfect size for a toddler, and refreshingly gender neutral. Takes up very little space in our home, but has given him endless hours of entertainment. Because it's wooden, it would be easy to paint, should you feel so inclined. I'm considering painting the orange/yellow parts black to streamline the look a little more. I purchased Plan dishes and food to go with it, which worked well. Highly recommend this product if you are looking for a space conserving kitchen that has all the bells and whistles. Very good quality, and I plan to buy more Hape toys in the future. Only about $30 more than plastic kitchens, and way nicer. I recommend this over the Melissa and Doug kitchen. The M&D one is much bigger, looks cheaper, and the paint chips easily (as with all M&D products). For a little more, you get a far superior product with Hape toys.
on June 2, 2011
We got this kitchen for my son when he was around 15 months. He absolutely loves this kitchen. It is the perfect height and size for him and he will play with it while we are cooking dinner. He loves to put everything in the cupboards and 'clean up'.
on January 6, 2012
If you are looking for a durable yet compact set for your child, this is definitely a good choice. I purchased this for my 2.5 year old son for Christmas and he LOVES this set. He plays with it daily. Quick and easy assembly. One drawback...I could not locate the screws to attach the faucet and the hot/cold water knobs. Not a very big deal though. Compact, yet has enough space for my son to play. The color scheme is also more pleasing than some of the other larger, clunky sets. So far...we are very pleased with the purchase.
on February 7, 2016
Bought this for my grandson. The picture looks pink, but it is actually a beige wood. It being made of wood is a major reason why I decided to buy it. I generally dislike plastic toys. If I recall correctly, this is made in the USA. It has no sharp edges, a stove, sink, and oven, and a compartment with one shelf next to the oven that my three year old grandson likes to pretend is his pantry. This was shipped in parts. His father, my son, assembled it. He said it was very straight forward. All the parts were well wrapped, and instructions clear. My grandson loves it, and I believe he will continue to enjoy it for at least a couple more years, if not longer. I recommend it be placed against a wall, as it can be tipped over if leaned on. It is, however, a very sturdy, well built, and attractive toy. I will shop this brand again.
on January 2, 2011
We bought this kitchen for our 14 month old for Christmas, and so far she loves it! I didn't want a big plastic thing or a bright pink thing and this is perfect. It's the perfect height for her and has enough things (doors) for her to play with. It's unobtrusive in our kitchen. It was relatively easy for my husband to put together.