4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed
I'm impressed. This mama, shopped and shopped and shopped for the perfect kitchen.

What I was looking for:

Wooden (love the great Waldorf stuff but not the BIG price tags)
Gender Neutral
Affordable
Durable
Easy to Assemble
Not too large

Published on November 16, 2010 by Doozer's Mum

2.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you don't get the version in this picture. The faucet and knobs will fall off easily.
My mother purchased this for my daughters birthday (Dec 2011) and overall the quality is decent, but the faucet and hot/cold knobs are terrible. They have a little nub on bottom that fits into a drilled hole. The chance that the faucet and knobs stay in there is zero. Your child will grab it and it will fall out almost every time. Before you know it, some knob will...
Published on August 8, 2012 by M. Jennings

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed, November 16, 2010

What I was looking for:

Wooden (love the great Waldorf stuff but not the BIG price tags)
Gender Neutral
Affordable
Durable
Easy to Assemble
Not too large

This kitchen meets all of these criteria, less the durability one as it hasn't been played with yet). This is a really nice looking little unit-- it is supposedly white, but it is mostly natural wood with a white counter/shelf. The little pops of color look mod and hip (okay, I was looking for that too). I'm pumped. Buy this one,

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, fun toy kitchen, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter's second birthday as she has just started to try to copy me as I cook, clean, etc. She loves this kitchen and so do I! It was super easy to assemble and it so well-made and sturdy enough to handle all the abuse a toddler can throw at it. It is small enough to fit in my small kitchen so that my daughter can "cook" alongside me. I love the bright, cheerful colors and it is so much cuter than those huge plastic toy kitchens. This kitchen might be a little small and too simple for older kids who want a more realistic set up, but it is perfect for toddlers and young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great play kitchen, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
This is a little different than some have reviewed. It does not have a towel bar on the side, but the faucet has been changed so little hands can not remove it. So, I think it is perfect.
It took this grandmother an hour and a half to put together, but if you really pay attention to the picture directions you should not take this long. It is really well made and I love the size. Yes, it is small but for an 18 month old to probably 4 year old it should be great. Yes, I said 18 month old. She loves it and the Hape food accessories I got for it. I just did not get the very small ones. I also got the refrigerator that goes with it. All told a great play toy that does not overtake your house or look awful with bright colors. This Grammy gives it 2 thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and compact, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
I'll admit our biggest concern when buying a toy kitchen was size. In a city apartment every inch counts, and most of the toy kitchens out there are monstrous. Not an option in a 60 square foot bedroom! The compact size gets 5 stars on its own.

The unit itself is surprisingly stylish and has some nice features. My daughter loves that the knobs on the stove make a clicking sound when they turn, and she enjoys playing with the (very removable) faucet, which is pretty much never where it is "supposed to be". There are some strong shelves in each cabinet and a cute little rack for hanging a dish towel.

Very sturdy. The doors have seen a good amount of abuse and hold up well, however it was near impossible to get them to line up just right when putting the kitchen together. No big deal. In general, putting it together was a piece of cake.

Totally worth the money and nice to not have yet another giant piece of crappy plastic in our house. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1-yr old loves this toy, looks great and seems well made., March 26, 2012
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
We decided to order this kitchen because of the simple look of the kitchen to coordinate with our home, the fact that it is on the smaller size which I thought would suit our daughter better, and because of the good reviews. We put it together in under 20 minutes last week and our daughter has been playing with it non-stop since her 1st birthday. She loves opening and closing the cupboards and putting play food in and out of it. Its funny how she totally "gets" how to play with it after watching mommy in the kitchen for months! It appears very sturdy and I think it will last us a good amount of time. I'm very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen for toddlers!, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
We bought this kitchen for our 14 month old for Christmas, and so far she loves it! I didn't want a big plastic thing or a bright pink thing and this is perfect. It's the perfect height for her and has enough things (doors) for her to play with. It's unobtrusive in our kitchen. It was relatively easy for my husband to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educo Gourmet Kitchen, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
We got this kitchen for my son when he was around 15 months. He absolutely loves this kitchen. It is the perfect height and size for him and he will play with it while we are cooking dinner. He loves to put everything in the cupboards and 'clean up'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, gender-neutral kitchen, December 10, 2011
sassymom (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
We spent weeks looking for the right play kitchen. We purchased this Educo kitchen mainly because its wooden and gender neutral.

The Pros:
1) Gender neutral: the look of this kitchen is modern, neutral, and blends in well with adult decor.
2) High quality: VERY well made. The pieces are solid, and the entire kitchen is made of wood.
3) Eco-Friendly: no harmful paints or plastic used.
4) Lots of fun features: the sink can be removed, so you can fill it with water for the little ones to play with, the faucet knobs turn, and the oven knobs made a great "clicking" sound.

Really, the only con is that you have to buy the matching fridge separately. But it has a working ice cube dispenser-- so its well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase; just the right size, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
If you are looking for a durable yet compact set for your child, this is definitely a good choice. I purchased this for my 2.5 year old son for Christmas and he LOVES this set. He plays with it daily. Quick and easy assembly. One drawback...I could not locate the screws to attach the faucet and the hot/cold water knobs. Not a very big deal though. Compact, yet has enough space for my son to play. The color scheme is also more pleasing than some of the other larger, clunky sets. So far...we are very pleased with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitchen, but be very careful with those faucets..., September 28, 2011
This review is from: Hape Gourmet kitchen - White (Toy)
My 1 year old son loves this kitchen. It was very easy to assemble, its colors are neutral and it's on the small size which works for our small home. However, I warn all parents with very young children that the faucets on this kitchen are, unquestionably, choking hazards. They are just about the diameter of a hot dog, which we all know is a huge choking hazard for little ones. I know this kitchen says for children 3+ but my son has several toys designed for slightly older children which he really enjoys. Get this kitchen, and store away the faucets for when your kid is a little older.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›