4.0 out of 5 stars Verified Phthalate-free
Published 3 months ago by Pen Name

3.0 out of 5 stars Edushape ball
Arrived timely and in good condition. The only thing I was disappointed because you can't pick the color, and as this is for my grandson, it came in pink and purple. That is my only complaint. I'm sure he won't matter. Just a personal complaint.
Published 17 months ago by tedi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Verified Phthalate-free, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I had seen my son play with this type of ball at daycare, so I decided to buy one for home. I didn't know what phthalates were before reading the descriptions and reviews for this and other Edushape sensory balls. There is a long list of chemicals in the phthalate family and they are used in the production of some plastics. Only a few other these (I think 6) are banned in the production of children's toys due to potential health hazards.

The description of the Senso-Dot Ball indicates that this ball is phthalate-free, however, the descriptions of other Edushape sensory balls had conflicting descriptions...sometimes using "phthalate compliant", and other times using "phthalate-free." These two terms mean different things since I believe "compliant" only indicates that the product does not contain the few phthalates that have been banned in children's toys.

When I received the ball, the packaging had no indication at all regarding phthalates; therefore, I questioned whether it was indeed phthalate-free. (My thought was that if it was phthalate-free, Edushape would want to advertise that fact.)

I contacted Edushape customer service, and here was their response:

"The Senso-dot Balls are a unique Phthalate/latex free PVC, with non detectable levels of BPA. Rest assure that all of our products are safe, non-toxic and all of our products are completely compliant with every government standard."

I then asked whether their other sensory balls were also Phthalate/latex free PVC? To which they responded:

"Yes, all of our sensory balls are Phthalate/latex free as well."

3.0 out of 5 stars Edushape ball, February 9, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Bummed by result of "Colors May Vary", May 23, 2013
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
Great ball, soft, fun, and durable. I was hoping I would beat the odds and receive any of the other three colors but I got the pink with purple dots, oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this down, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I had bought this for my 2 year Grandson that has cerebral palsy, He is very sensitive to touch. He loved this ball and could not put it down. He was amazed, I was very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I bought this for our 10 month old around Christmas time last year. She didn't play with it much up until recently but she always enjoyed holding it and gnawing on the nubs. She is now a little over a year old and loves to chase the ball (she just started walking) and throw it/roll it back and forth with Mom & Dad. I think this is the perfect size for her age and using indoors. Love the colors and design!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ball, March 29, 2011
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
My 2 year old daughter loves this ball. She carries it around the house with her. It's just the right size for throwing, bouncing, kicking, and rolling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for early crawlers., March 9, 2011
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
My 9 month old daughter loves this ball. She'll push it around the living room and chase after it, great for practicing her new crawling skills!

5.0 out of 5 stars firm, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
Much more firm then I expected, but I kinda like that. My son enjoys it. Cool toy. Worth the money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ball for a toddler, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
My grandson loves throwing this ball. It is a bit larger than several he has and he loves to grasp it in both hands and throw it. The small projections on the surface make for easy holding. I look forward to his catching it instead of watching it drop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for any age!, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Edushape 7" Senso-Dot Ball, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I gave this as a gift to my friend's 6 month old and while it was meant for him, his 3 year old sister couldn't get enough of it. It ended up being a gift that they both loved and something I hope they will enjoy for a long time!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›