Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on April 21, 2011
Here is my short review of this small microphone for your mobile devices.
55 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2012
It's metal and well built. The sensitivity of this mic is HOT. This little guy brings in a very strong signal across the entire frequency spectrum. I swear you could use it for safe-cracking. There is no way to change the mic sensitivity, reduce the gain, or filter out subsonic noise. You can still make out what a person is saying, but it destroys music. As of right now, there is no app that can reduce the sensitivity of an external mic.

What this means to you-

The mic is so powerful you have to keep it a significant distance away from the sound source. In my normal speaking voice, in a quiet room, holding the mic 2 feet away, it distorts if I say "Wow".

In the office, I recorded a phone conversation from 3 cubicles away separated by 5 foot soft partitions.

You won't be able to record in a car, because the mic picks up the road and car noise and overloads the mic.

Any ambient noise, including sounds out of most people's hearing range, will overload the input. Sound is additive, so your voice plus any background noise, combines.

Surface vibrations add noise to recordings. If you have the mic/device on a hard surface, it will pick up vibrations like walking and heater AC noise. You also have to be careful the way you hold it because it can pick up the tiniest softest noise from your touch.

I'm going to add a video review so you can see and hear this.

If you are recording a lecture and the speaker is in a different country, and mumbles, this mic will record it.
55 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2011
A cautionary note: This is a small item - you can lose it easily. This is also the best microphone I have ever used. Have been recording lectures right along and then started recording with this device - there is absolutely no comparison. I have tried other mics for the IPhone - like comparing apples to oranges - this one is a winner hands down and works well with whatever recording application you have on you IPhone or IPad or IWhatever.... but, sad to say, I have already lost one - and it is so tiny, it is hard to find it on the floor - and so I was momentarily crushed - but then elated to know I can replace it fast with Prime Shipping. It is a winner, as you can see from the video above. My recordings have never sounded so good and it is a pleasure to listen to the lectures as I drive. From now on, I'll make sure it has its own separate and safe little place to live in between recordings. I don't want to lose it again!!! So I give it a thumbs up!
on April 28, 2011
I was looking for a good voice recorder for office notes, and potentially podcast. During my search online I stumbled across the i-Microphone from Edutige. I decided to test my luck on the i-microphone because it was only $29.99 and is small enough to fit in my jeans change pocket. The i-microphone definitely improved the audio clarity and increased volume of the sound. Even from 15-20 feet range the audio clarity was solid, which is perfect for office notes or a classroom lecture.

Pros:
Compact design, supports multiple devices (3.5mm connection), and quantity sound clarity.
on September 30, 2011
For quick audio interviews, this mic is a far better alternative to the built-in mic in the iPhone 4. It's small and has no cord (just a jack that plugs into the top socket on the phone), so it's easy to connect and unobtrusive in use. It provides a good sound boost when recording. The only drawback is that as an omnidirectional mic, it boosts ambient noise as well, to the point that you will often end up adding some sort of noise filter or gate if you want to edit the recordings.

The mic is well made, and appears that it would stand up well to rugged use.
on October 10, 2012
I was skeptical about this tiny mic, but I was amazed by how well it works. To test it I recorded a few seconds with the mic attached, paused, removed the mic and continued recording. The sound was loud and crystal clear with mic attached but barely discernable without the mic. Really does what it's supposed to do.
on June 8, 2013
So I will start off by saying that this thing is pretty sturdy. Made out of metal parts, Sitting on it isn't going to break it. The only thing is that there needs to be a way to adjust the gain on this bad boy. other than that I have no real complaints.
on September 16, 2013
This mic is perfect for couple reasons. First, it's small. I keep mine in a used prescription bottle along with my lens. There's no wires or anything to worry about. Second, it definitely provides more range and much higher quality sound. Especially if you are doing travel video, the Edutige works really well.
on January 17, 2016
The tip of my EIM-001 mic snapped off after 4 months light duty usage, see attached pic. I was relieved that the broken tip didn't get stuck in my iPhone 6 Plus and ruin the headphone port as well. I contacted the manufacturer Edutige for a warranty replacement and they said since I purchased from Amazon and not a direct sale, they could not repair or replace my item.
review image
on July 20, 2015
This is a high quality microphone. This is the version for your iOS gear and Edutige is very nice stuff.

Best one I have found so far for Apple gear. The Edutige ones for iOs devices (microphone and headphone connection in same 3.5 mm jack) need that extra ring. The stuff for iOs has the "i" in EIM. The stuff for a PC or device where 3.5mm jack is only a microphone are labelled with a "t" in the middle as in ETM.