From the Back Cover
Unlock your potential and achieve breakthrough performance in project management
If you're looking for a more robust approach to project management—one that recognizes the project environment and adapts accordingly—then this is the perfect resource. It not only guides you through the traditional methods, but also covers the adaptive and extreme approaches as well. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of each one and know exactly when and how to use them.
You'll also be introduced to the Adaptive Project Framework, which arms you with a new project management methodology. And with the help of two new case studies, you'll be able to put these ideas into practice and experience some of the contemporary nuances of projects.
This definitive guide to project management shows you how to:
- Take advantage of new variations on traditional project management methods, including risk assessment and control
- Decide the best method for managing specific types of projects by analyzing all of the pros and cons
- Apply the Adaptive Project Framework to the world of fast-paced, high-change, and complex projects
- Create a war room to successfully manage multiple team projects
- Determine how project portfolio management approaches can help companies achieve a greater return on investment
- Utilize all nine Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) standards advocated by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
About the Author
Robert K. Wysocki, Ph.D., has over 40 years' experience as a project management consultant and trainer, information systems manager, systems and management consultant, and training developer and provider. He is the founder of Enterprise Information Insights, Inc., a project management consulting and training practice. Wysocki has also written 15 books on project management and information systems management.