Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eggs: Fresh, Simple Recipes for Frittatas, Omelets, Scrambles & More
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 24, 2011
I like everything about this cookbook. I like eggs for any meal and the basics are included with instructions on how to choose fresh eggs and how to cook basic fried, scrambled, boiled, and poached eggs. The recipes include all kinds of scrambles, baked eggs and casseroles, quiches, frittatas, and specialty egg dishes like eggs benedict, deviled eggs, and egg salad.

Since I am trying to stick to low-carb eating these days, many of the recipes appealed to me with the main ingredients being eggs and veggies, with meat added to some. I made the spinach, tomato, and feta cheese frittata (kind of like a quiche without a crust) for lunch and loved it.

There are lots of color photographs for inspiration, and the recipes are easy for cooks of any level with ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. This is destined to become one of my favorite, most used cookbooks and is one I'd gladly give as a gift or recommend to friends.

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher but the opinion of it is my own and was not solictied, nor was a positive review required.
on May 27, 2011
I love this cookbook. I have made several of the frittatas, and they are creative and wonderful. Have made other various recipes in here, too.

My mom grew up on the farm (she is 94 now) and I have asked her what did they do for "fast food?" She said EGGS. Need I say more. Lovely, fresh, creative ways to prepare a QUICK breakfast, lunch, or light supper. Add some English Muffins and a bowl of fruit, and you have a lovely meal.

I'm also partial to the Scan Pan non-stick skillets for my eggs. Paired, the book and pan would make a lovely birthday or wedding shower gift, too. This is a cookbook I will keep going back to.
on July 24, 2011
I highly recommend this book which give the best various recipes you can get with eggs. The recipes are simple, well explained and delicious.
on October 10, 2013
I enjoyed this cookbook...not for how to cook eggs I've been doing that forever... but I wanted inspiration. I love Frittatas but was going stale on the topic. Enjoyed the recipes for various scrambles, omelets, strata, frittatas, quiches...just needed some new pictures and ideas to get me going. Eggs make such a quick, economical and easy to proportion meal perfect whether cooking for 1 or 12 people.
on October 14, 2011
I ordered this book because we have an abundance of eggs from our backyard chickens. The recipes range from quick, home cooking to gourmet. Highly recommended.
on August 20, 2013
This is a pleasantly-pictured cookbook with nice recipes. It appears that I'm an old pro with eggs, so there wasn't anything in there that surprised me or that I hadn't tried before. They are good recipes, though.
on May 22, 2016
I feel good preparing and eating eggs. I had run out of ideas though and this book gave me lots of really good and easy recipes for egg dishes. It has also given me important information on how to cook omelettes and frittatas correctly. I have always loved them both but when they turned out like scrambled eggs and fillings, I didn't know why but of course, still ate them. Now, I have them turn out beautifully and taste great. I am using ingredients I would never have tried without these ideas, making my mind open to even more new things to try.
on March 27, 2013
This is a very informative cookbook with lots of pictures and clearly explained recipes. Since I have chickens, I get lots of eggs, so I am sure I will use it a lot.
on January 14, 2015
My oldest daughter loves eggs and they are easy for her to cook. She asked for this cookbook for her Christmas present and she is already made a couple of the items in it. I would say this is a good basic beginner's cookbook for variety of egg dishes. She is very happy with her egg cookbook. Thank you.
on May 9, 2012
LOVED THE BOOK! I LOVE TO COOK AND I RAISE CHICKENS. GOOD RECIPES, GREAT ILLUSTRATION, EASY AND FAST IS ALWAYS GREAT FOR A WORKING MOM OR DAD!