5.0 out of 5 stars Eheim 2073 93G Ultra G 90 Pro 3 w/ Media Canister Filter
I had own the eheim 2223-37 in the past it was not suctioning the water so i bought the Eheim 2073 93G Ultra G 90 Pro 3 w/ Media Canister Filter and it works great
Published on February 9, 2011 by Flemming Jaeger

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAKS within 2 years!!! Customer Service Ignored my Emails!
Published 22 months ago by Teo

1.0 out of 5 stars LEAKS within 2 years!!! Customer Service Ignored my Emails!, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Eheim AEH2073370 Aquarium Pro 3-Filter for 2073 Model (Misc.)
I bought the Pro 3 2075 brand new in Sept 2012 that came with a 3 year warranty. The filter leaked after 2 years destroying my $350 wooden stand. Water leaked out near the power cord. After searching the net I found out that this was a common issue among Pro 3 filters made before Aug 2010. There have also been countless reports of Eheim's Customer Support department ignoring customer emails when contacted for warranty claims.

I emailed them and immediately the next day I received a reply asking for the Serial number, the shipping address and the retail store from which I bought the filter. I replied with the information and that was the last I heard from them. I have sent them 4 more emails since then and they completely ignored them. I have been another victim of their scam.

Apparently Eheim is engaging in fraudulent acitivities, marketing their filters as "Premium" products that come with a 3 year warranty. However, they will try their best NOT to honor the warranty. Maybe I need to call them everyday and write nasty letters to get them to acknowledge my issue. I know some of their victims have received a replacement head unit this way after sending threatening emails and making repeated phone calls. However, it shouldn't have to be this difficult.

I have another Pro 2 filter that also leaked after 6 years of operation. From what I have heard, the company was bought and the quality of customer service has become horrible since then. It is now reaching the point of fraud.

I will never buy another Eheim product again. Beware!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 22, 2013
I've owned two eheim canister filters the most recent being the Pro3. Both were disappointing! While they do have lots of room for media when they work they work well. The problem is that they are difficult to prime and in my experience they were nothing but a problem. Both units failed to maintain flow. The unit would be operating normally producing a good steady flow. I would come back a few hours later and it would be coming out in a trickle. I would reset and again it would produce a nice flow. Few hours later a trickle. I contacted tech support requesting assistance in trouble shooting the problem...no response after several attempts. I'm done. I'm done with eheim! I'll never buy one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eheim 2073 93G Ultra G 90 Pro 3 w/ Media Canister Filter, February 9, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Pump broke in few weeks, December 25, 2013
Over the years I have bought many eheim pumps for my fish room and always liked them. I bought two of this new model. The inside is cheap plastic. One pump broke after 3 weeks and the other after 8 weeks. I got a full refund from Amazon. Do not buy this filter. IT IS JUNK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful!, October 13, 2012
I've had this filter for over a year. Recently had a problem where I could not get the nozzles to eject from the motor head. This was very frustrating - I had moved the lever to the release position, pushed on the red button, and the nozzles would not pop off. I eventually tore the entire filtering system out of the tank and brought the whole set up to the sink to take a closer look at the problem. After a frustrating couple of days, I did find an Eheim sales rep and she told me that when reinserting the nozzle fixture back into the motor, the lever on the motor needs to be totally in the release position (not half way, not partial way). If the lever is not entirely in the release position, pushing the nozzle fixture into the motor will cause misloading and you will never be able to get the nozzles out of the motor again. End of story - need to get an entirely new motor head! I looked on the Eheim site and never saw any reference to this problem. Anyway, just a fyi. I got my motor replaced for no charge and now I am very careful when inserting the nozzles back into the motor. Don't rush and make the same mistake I did. Other than this problem, I love this canister filter. It is my first and I hope the last filter I will ever need. Filtration is fantastic, prefilter works great, and I can get this thing cleaned out and attached back to the tank with little effort and no mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro 3 2073 Keeps Goldfish Water Cleaner, June 5, 2012
Works great on my wife's Goldfish Tank (There are dirty little bugers)
Once I got the Hang of the start up feature (push the button and it sucks water into the filter) for start up with little cavitation.
Fairly easy to clean and lots of space for bio or chem media
I have it over 9 months now and working like a charm

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple straight forward installation and operation., February 11, 2014
Filter unit is very quiet. Installed lines to display tank, loaded media, primed filter and Whallah... Works like a champ. I have had none of the horror filled problems that are spoken of in prior posted comments. Since placing in service, have not lost prime nor had any issues. No leaks to speak of. Water in DT is crystal clear and nitrates are down to about 40ppm after two days of operation. Nitrates well exceeded 160 ppm prior to installation.
It works...

5.0 out of 5 stars German not only build good cars, aquarium filter also.., September 17, 2012
I brought this filter for extra filtration for my 40 gallon aquarium which currently running a Fluval 305.
by running Fluval 305 alone for my fish tank is not enough, water not clean, just few hours after Eheim 2073 was added, water started to see
difference, CLEAN WATER, LOVE IT.

it's quiet and powerful, cleans water fast. I am happy with this purchase. German not only good at making cars, they make good filter as well.

the instruction manual is nearly useless, it has 10+ languages in that manual, did not explain much of details

but good thing is assembly is straight forward, the most difficult thing to do is pushing the hose into the shut off valve,
you really have to force it in. BE VERY CAREFUL when cutting the hose, they did not give you much of hosing to play with,

once its assembled, putting it into operation is easy, give the prime button a few push, water will start to fill the canister, when
its full, plug in power to start operation.

this filter is VERY quiet, even quieter then the Fluval 305. my filters are next to the fish tank out in the open, with both of them running,
they could hardly be heard. Again, the Fluval 305 is just a bit louder the Eheim Pro3 2073.

servicing filter is very easy too, just shut the water flow, press the quick release button to remove the valve, and carry the canister to the sink
undo four clamp, and just lift the filter head and clean the filter media. water had to be empty from canister. after the media are cleaned
put everything back on, and open up the water flow level, water will fill the canister automatically and plug the power back in and filter will back
into action.

pros
quiet, powerful, easy to work with, media will last long time, low power usage, 16w only

grey areas
bio media on the expensive side, but last a long time.

cons
media not sold in pet stores in my area, bad instruction manual.

2.0 out of 5 stars So much for German engineering, September 11, 2012
I've been using the non electronic version of this canister filter for about 2-3 years now. The biological filtration works well and needs very little maintenance. In fact I removed the disposable medias and it works better. If you go with one of these be warned that you must NOT empty the canister to remove sludge or clean the bio media, this will screw up your water balance and shoot the nitrate level to the roof for a few days potentially killing your fishes.
They are extremely difficult to start after cleaning if the water level is not exactly right. The mechanism which allows for removing the hoses prior to cleaning the unit is made of hard plastic which broke on me recently, I somewhat fixed it with superglue inside but it's almost unusable now.
The worst issue is that it is not watertight and it started leaking. There is no watertight joint between the top and bottom part of the canister and mine started leaking a few months ago. When I noticed I had water damaged on my $500 aquarium furniture and water dripping on the hard wood floor. Now I keep it in a bucket for safety and it's still leaking from time to time for no apparent reason. I would not recommend these canister filters and when I change will probably go with Fluval, which I heard also cleans better small particles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, keeps my red-eared sliders turtle 40 gallon tank ..., December 9, 2014
Works great , keeps my red-eared sliders turtle 40 gallon tank crystal clear. Easier to clean and maintain then the Eheim 2217 which I previously owned. The start up can be a little difficult at fist but it finally worked, great product.

Eheim AEH2073370 Aquarium Pro 3-Filter for 2073 Model