Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

• Customer Reviews

on August 12, 2008
We had our 4 grand kids at a restaurant (11 of us altogether), which typically would have meant chaos, bedlam, and constant interruptions for attention. Then the owner brought out Wikki Stix for each. What followed was deep concentration and quiet activity in the kids that lasted all through the meal, indeed all weekend! Eating was almost an annoying interlude for them! Their creativity and concentration was amazing. The rest of us were so impressed! We actually got to talk and visit! Where have these been all these years? I'm buying some for gifts and toys. I can't recommend them highly enough! Much more educational and engaging than connect the dots or crayons.
on December 7, 2007
From a teacher's perspective, this product is great for use in the classroom or reinforcement at home. Children can find letters or sightwords in books, and circle them with the wikki stix (without harming the books). Children can even create letters or numbers and then do a shading with paper and crayon over it. Lots of fun!
on December 31, 2012
A simple concept, these wax sticks in primary colors are a big hit with my toddlers (ages 2&4). my 4 yr old will use them to practice shaping letters & asks for help creating words from the letters she makes herself. The product packaging shows a few ideas for creating shapes (giraffe, simple stick figure, bee) but I find that coloring book pages make great templates for kids to use the Wikki Stix on. The 2yr old just likes to bend them and roll them into balls! Nice for sensory play.

These are a great take-along for car trips (use them on a lap desk or cookie sheet) and entertain kids quietly at restaurants.Haven't had an issue with any residue on table or clothing (yet). They hold up well and are reasonably priced. Get a pack - you won't regret it!
on August 10, 2007
bought this product to keep my 8 yr.old daughter busy while on a vacation road trip.she had a ball making flowers,glasses and other items with the sticks.
on June 29, 2015
These...are...AWESOME! No mess, endlessly entertaining, and perfect for little hands and creative minds. While seating us for a large family dinner recently, the restaurant hostess gave each kid a five-pack of Wikki Stix, which we'd never even heard of. The restaurant said they preferred Wikki Stix over crayons or 'placemat activities', as these were neater and seemed to be more engaging. (Good thing, b/c their service was s-l-o-w), but my kids spent well over 1/2 an hour making animal shapes, necklaces/bracelets, faces, rockets/cars, etc., and quietly entertaining themselves with these. I ordered this set (divided in half so the kiddos can share) for a ~10hr car trip coming up-- these are going into 'activity binders' I'm making with various road-trip activities for our 5- and 6-year-olds, but based on their first experience with Wikki Stix, these will likely steal the show, or at least cut down on the "are we there yet"s.... Fingers crossed.
on December 29, 2014
**NOTE: I actually received the Neon color pack instead of the Primary color pack. Luckily, that's the one I really wanted! This review is therefore for the Neon product, though they're exactly the same beside the colors.)

Wiki Stix are a fantastic toy for so many reasons, but especially because of their unique portability. You can take them anywhere, from restaurants to airplanes to car rides, and they never make a mess, rarely get lost (and it's not a big deal if they do), and they pack up easily in a small zip sandwich bag.

They will entertain for long periods of time, too, as you can make little creatures, jewelry, flowers... pretty much anything you can imagine. My 2.5 year old particularly likes to make "beads" that we then put on wikki necklaces or rings.

These go in my Toy Hall of Fame... a creative, inexpensive and portable toy for all! Awesome.
on February 19, 2016
I bought this as part of my keep-kids-entertained-and-not-screaming arsenal for times they need to be quiet (ie. church, restaurants, travel). I honestly didn't have very high hopes for waxed yarn pieces but I thought 'why not' for less than ten bucks. My young toddler is not particularly interested in these, but my 6 year old absolutely love-love-LOVES these and has been playing with them for 3-4 hours per day every day. It really brings out her imagination and creativity, and that's something I truly appreciate in a toy as a parent. It does leave a waxy film on your hands, but this is something only I care about and my 6 year old does not haha. Shipping was very fast. I plan to purchase more!
on August 2, 2008
My daughter got a pack of 8 in a kids meal. I had never heard of these, but she LOVES them. She makes eyeglasses, mermaids, her name, little people, and that's just with 8 of them. Not messy, no annoying sounds, and lots of fun to use. Sometimes simple toys are the best.
on March 4, 2016
Did not come in resealable bag like stated and they dried out in the resealable bag I put them in for my daughter. They worked for the two days we were in Disneyland while we waited in line, but wish we would have been able to get more than two days out of play out of them.
on May 4, 2016
I know these are popular, but I just don't get it. It was a big sticky mess as far as plane travel was concerned for us. Maybe our 3 year old is not old enough to appreciate. I will try again, but he was unimpressed, as was I.