Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 10000000
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Deceptively simply challenging.

Once in a while, there's a gem uncovered in Amazon's Appstore, and this is one of the most unique of them all.

OVERVIEW:
Feeling like a mash-up between an adventure game straight out of the 80's PC games and the 'Bejeweled' match 90's Internet games, 10000000 (Ten Million) is a cross between an RPG (Role Playing Game) and a puzzle game (in this case, a matching game). Like the adventure RPG games, you have to accomplish certain goals to win and build up your resources and character. However, the addition of the extremely challenging timed match game under fire makes this a completely new way of playing, and one of the best things about this game is that you aren't required to follow a set pattern. The result is that each game is going to be a new playing experience.

GAMEPLAY:
Your objective is to earn your freedom by saving 10,000,000 coins/dollars/points. You do this by collecting items, battling enemies, opening chests, and so forth. In order to do these things, there are several different tiles in the matching game, each with its own purpose. In most situations, your adventurer is running down the hall and continuously encounters several different types of obstacles such as skeletons, chests, and locked doors. You need to match three or more to perform the feats needed to beat each obstacle before you die or run out of time. Furthermore, there are several goals that you want to meet, such as gathering enough wood and stone to repair the different rooms which increase your character's abilities and survivability.

SUMMARY:
This one will keep you on your toes, and offer a blended game that you haven't experienced before. And it does this without a single permission!

I'll be keeping this on my tablet, for sure!

[EDIT: Fixed typo in Title. Dang you, Autocorrect!]
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
This is probably one of the better games for the kindle fire for some of the more hardcore gamers out there. It is still very simple, pick up and play for a while or stop if you are just trying to pass the time; however, it can get very in depth as well. It is a puzzle adventure game. The process is very similar to Puzzle Quest, you get resources and attack by hitting certain blocks in the puzzler.

You can use your experience to upgrade your skills, and unlock rooms with more upgrades for your character. Once you get the magical 10,000,000 points you are free from the dungeon. This game is very simple but gratifying where you can put as much time or as little as desired.
0Comment| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
Well here you go... a fun blend of not only RPG and Puzzle but a small amount of resource and city management as well. A fun fast pace game that keeps you coming back for more. If you enjoyed this indie hit on the PC this is a great port of it. Thank you dev for keeping us Android users in mind.
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
I actually already own this game, bought it from the Google Play store, and this is well worth actually spending the money on it. It's fiendishly addictive and fun. The only problem is that it's quite short, I beat it in less than a day, and there's a certain point where the resources collected become useless and just pile up. That's the only reason I can't give it 5 stars... right out of the box.

On the plus side, the dev's blog has stated that there will eventually be a content update that'll add to the post-game, which is very exciting. It might bump this to 5 stars if that update is any good.
on May 22, 2013
I don't usually play games on my phone, anymore anyway. But, this game is pretty ingenious in the way it merges the puzzle game with a platform side scrolling adventure game, plus it adds in the RPG angle with upgrades. I am really enjoying it.
on May 22, 2013
I must say that I am more pleasantly surprised by this game than I ever thought I would be. For people who like puzzles, it works a lot like Chuzzle, but here the matches have very defined purposes. It also appeals to the upgrade hound in me because you basically get to upgrade things and become cooler as you keep playing. At first the graphics were crappy, but then they became retro because the old graphics hide a very good game (to the point where it feels like the old 8-bit style is intentional). I would absolutely recommend this game!
on May 26, 2013
I first played this game on PC and didn't care for it. Even with interesting gameplay features, I found it to be too frustrating. Using the mouse doesn't always do what I wanted it to do. When I saw this as the "free app of the day" on Amazon, I figured I'd give it a shot on mobile. It's significantly better on mobile, mainly due to the touchscreen interface. It's easier to make quick accurate motions with a finger than a mouse. I'm not sure if it helps, but my phone has a much smaller screen than my PC and I think it was easier to observe the entire playing field at once on a smaller device.

This game is basically Bejeweled with RPG elements. I love Bejeweled with nearly 50 hours clocked in on Bejeweled 3. If you're familiar with those types of block matching games, it's pretty easy to pick this up and play.

The game can be frustrating. You need to make appropriate matches to meet the needs of your character who is running a dungeon at the top of the screen. If there's a locked door or chest, you need to match keys. If it's a monster, you need to match swords or staves. When you're not doing that, you want to match wood and stone to upgrade various shops. Sometimes you just don't get the types of blocks you need and the game delivers a brutal beating if you stop to consider your options. You have to keep matching non-stop to advance. If you hesitate, it's over. Some of the dungeon objectives are survival-based like "stay alive for 90 seconds." It's not as easy as that sounds. As you upgrade your armor, weapons, and abilities, however, the game's difficulty decreases. One ability, for example, reduces the number of keys to open locks to just one key.

10000000 is a fun game. It took me about 2.5 hours to level up all my items and rooms and beat the game. It's still fun to replay.
on May 22, 2013
So many nongamers here who have no idea what they are talking about. It has progression and dungeon crawling, that makes it an RPG. Yes retro graphics is overplayed but if you ignore the fantastic gameplay because of that I don't know why you are leaving a one-star review for a GAME.

As to why this is worth 5 stars (at least) let me just say that I owned this on the PC and was SHOCKED to see it be the FAOTD because it is such a quality, immersive and fun title (unlike 95% of the stuff that pops up as FAOTD). I have heard it was much better on touch devices than on the PC and now I can confirm that it is! Thanks for a good app for once, Amazon.
on July 30, 2015
It's an RPG, Runner and Match-3 game all at once. Great game! I love the retro music and feel of it all. I think that only adds to the experience of it all.

Basically you are trapped in a dungeon and you're trying to escape. But in order to escape you need to reach a score of 10,000,000 in a single run. You will find yourself being attacked by dragons and monsters so you'll have to defeat them as well.

You achieve this by matching the tiles in the bottom of the screen. You have your swords and wands (blue and red tiles) to attack with. Keys are for the chests and doors. Wood and rocks to accumulate to upgrade your status. There are also objectives to complete along the way which will grant you rewards.

You upgrade in the main screen allowing you to get stronger and have better armor, shields, weapons, and potions you can use to your advantage. In the game you will find objects that will either help with your life or help you destroy the enemy.

I have not finished the game yet but I have found myself coming back again and again to attempt it. This is a prime example of a match-3 game done right. I can only hope the sequel is just as good when I get to it.
on May 25, 2013
This is one of the most unique twists to the "match 3" Bejeweled-type game genre that I have ever seen:
RPG style gaming? Check!
Retro Atari 2600-style graphics? Check!
Power -up? Enemies to defeat? Checkpoints? An actual goal to achieve to win the game? Checks for all of those!

This is the first game I have downloaded in a long while that I absolutely could NOT PUT DOWN! I played this game for over 4 straight hours working my way up....

Then I hit 10 million points, and it was all over. That's my only problem with the game: it's too short! It seems like 10 million points is impossible to reach early on, but as you continue to build up your weapons and armor, train, and use potions....it's not difficult to achieve. Oh well...I guess I will be using the "erase all data" function to start all over again. The game is that good! It's definitely worth a couple of bucks!