This updated lecture series from the esteemed Teaching Company explains the intricacies of quantum physics in a manner designed to help the listener fully grasp the concepts. The accompanying course guidebooks include lecure outlines, illustrations, suggested readings, and questions to consider.
Course lecture titles:
1. Time Travel, Tunneling, Tennis, and Tea
2. Heaven and Earth, Place and Motion
3. The Clockwork Universe
4. Let There Be Light!
5. Speed c Relative to What?
6. Earth and the Ether-A Crisis in Physics
7. Einstein to the Rescue
8. Uncommon Sense-Stretching Time
9. Muons and Time-Traveling Twins
10. Escaping Contradiction-Simultaneity Is Relative
11. Faster than Light? Past, Future, and Elsewhere
12. What about E=mc2, and Is Everything Relative?
13. A Problem of Gravity
14. Curved Spacetime
15. Black Holes
16. Into the Heart of Matter
17. Enter the Quantum
18. Wave or Particle?
19. Quantum Uncertainty-Farewell to Determinism
20. Particle or Wave?
21. Quantum Weirdness and Schrödinger's Cat
22. The Particle Zoo
23. Cosmic Connections
24. Toward a Theory of Everything