5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for autistic children!
Published on August 22, 2011 by WCI

3.0 out of 5 stars 34.00 on Ikea online
I was just about to purchase this on amazon but I found it cheaper online at Ikea for
$34.95 so I will buy it there. They also have additional hooks for for $3.00 instead of $22.00
that the other seller had listed. Thought I could help save people alot of money.
Published 7 months ago by Save Conures

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for autistic children!, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
I bought this for my low vision, autistic two year old. We can't get through a few hours without using it! I love how you can control the firmness of the seat. My son likes it with little to no air because it squeezes him...more hammock-y. But my five year old likes it rock firm because he likes to sit in it with the iPad or a book. It was easy to install in our toy room...we went through studs in the ceiling. My only word of caution is that we have 10 foot ceilings and the rope included isn't long enough for that. We went to Menards and bought a white rope, same gauge, diamond rope and it worked perfectly. This is very durable material. I almost cried when I watched my son get rocked to sleep in it. It is such a blessing to me. Awesome, high quality product that will last a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars 34.00 on Ikea online, December 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging chair, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
I bought this chair for my grandson. He'd been wanting one since he was 6. Now he's 12 and lives in a house where his dad could suspend it from a joist in their ceiling. He absolutely loves it. It's comfortable and he sits in it to read or listen to his i-pod. I'm actually going to sew a pocket it on it somewhere to put his i-pod. The only issue we've had with it is the seat cushion will not stay inflated for long. That's easily remedied. Other than that its perfect for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT sensory swing!!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
This swing is a super sensory swing.It was easy to put together and where else can you get a decent sensory swing for under $60.
The bottom of the swing actually inflates(sort of like a therapy ball) then you insert it into the fabric.
Because of the inflatable bottom you get the deep pressure as well as the swinging,making it EXTRA calming!
Also the swing is not super huge,which is nice for hanging in smaller spaces(like a bedroom)
We put a spring on the top of the mount so my son could have a extra bouncy swing

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE this swing!, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
I have a little boy with autistic spectrum disorder. This swing is a godsend for him. We've had it for well over a year now -- or has it been two (it might be) and only in the last 2 or 3 months did the inflatable cushion inside lose air and need refilling. While it was very challenging to get the zipper open (it's not the highest quality zipper on earth . . . so go easy on it) again and I had to ultimately use a large paper clip and locking pliers to do it, it was easy to reinflate the cushion and I expect all my kids will get another 2 years plus of use out of this thing. The fabric and stitching are nice and strong and it has stood up to a LOT of abuse from my oldest son using it to play Indiana Jones. In addition, the inflated round cushion acts as a bumper so that if the swing bumps against a wall or piece of furniture, no one gets hurt and nothing gets broken.

I cannot say enough good things about this swing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product, untrustworthy store., October 3, 2013
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
Product arrived with many missing parts. I ended up going to the ikea store to buy the missing parts. At the store I realized that this product was priced almost 3 times more than the original ikea price. Rude. This store is also selling the hardware for the swing for 9$ and it's 3$ at ikea. Don't shop here!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive on Amazon in comparison to going to Ikea, June 11, 2013
Dday (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
I purchased this thinking by being a prime member i could take advantage of not going into the store to get this hammock. Turns out I had more free time that I anticipated and was able to buy it in store for $34.99. If you live near an Ikea just go pick it up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
My son has sensory needs and this swing is amazing. Seems to be very durable thus far and was affordable compared to the official therapy swings. The only problem we have had with it is the air cushion. We have had to adjust the air quite a few times because it seems to big for the swing so he tends to be smooshed in the back of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
It hangs and swings as expected. We didn't use the plastic hardware that came with it, since we have a hammock chair stand. I'd read some other reviews that mentioned the plastic hardware. While it seems sturdy enough, I'd be hesitant to use it. My son was excited about it for the first couple of days. Then the scratchy acrylic fabric started to bother him and he stopped using it. It is exclusively sized for young kids. I'm about the size of a fat 7th grader (4'10" and 120 pounds) and it is way too small for me to sit in comfortably. Since it is about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of other chair swings, the quality is reflective of the price. I'd not buy it again, but it was a fine for an experiment to see if the kid liked indoor swings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome price for a great product, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Ikea Ekorre Swing/hanging Seat/hammock In&outdoor
My son uses a "cuddle swing" at OT, and I thought he would benefit from having one at home as well. This was a great price and was exactly what I was looking for. My son and daughter both love it!

Rate and Discover Movies