Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 4, 2013
This Mexican horror film is part fantasy and thriller. It is a dark ride into a nightmare and legend that takes hold of a little boy. I discovered this gem about 15 years ago and still feel it is one of the best Mexican horror films. The atmosphere is dark and foreboding. The ending is predictable but well-staged.
on January 8, 2007
I heard about this movie years ago, and suddenly forgot about it (im 24 years old).

Suddenly, after a movie talk with friends someone mentioned it again and I found myself with the urge of finding this gem, BUT SADLY, it hasn't been edited in our own Mexico! Shame on us, and kudos for Tekila Films who had the pants to capture and reproduce this amazing movie.

The Movie: Superb story, still fresh. The acting is not the strong thing in this movie, but they do a good job, all of them. I wish I studied something related to communications just to see the flaws on this movie. But apart from some minor continuity stuff it's amazingly well done.

The DVD: I would've put 3 stars for the lack of extras (the only extras are some Mexican leyends in spanish text). But its a Mexican film from the 60's that has been ignored in Mexico now. I would've rated a 5 STAR if it had english/french subtitles at least! since this is a "cult"(if you will) movie for the genre lovers. Hopefully in a near future, people in Mexico rescue this extraordinary movie and issues it with more extras.

If you're a fan of suspense, mysteries or thrillers regarding "horror", this is a MUST in your colletion. You can almost ignore the fact that there are no subtitles (for people not understanding spanish) since the storyline is not that complex.
I'm so glad I've found this dvd here after literally, years of looking for this movie. It's one of those stories that always haunts you. Highly, highly recommend it!
on June 20, 2008
This, again, is another masterpiece of director and writer Carlos Enrique Taboada. I have read some other critiques requesting English subtitles and I think that this should be included in all of Taboada's films. Unffortunately Churubusco Studios (Mexico's Hollywood) does not have a general DVD producer. And most of the DVD editions of these films are independent DVD producers whose audience is mostly Spanish-speaking. Thus they do not believe they need to add English subtitles. Hopefully a major U.S. DVD producer will pick these films up and re-release them with bonus features and English subtitles.
on August 1, 2008
The delivery was in perfect time. If you love mexican horros movies, you need to see "El libro de piedra" This movie is a classic horror film.
on April 23, 2013
I love this movie ever since I was little, it is an old movie but it still makes me worry about moving statues and their story.
on January 3, 2007
This old scary movie is a good one to watch... eventhough it's old still gives you chills. An old house is haunted by the spirit of a little boy and becomes friends with a little girl that moves into that house. She becomes obssesed with her friendship with this little ghost boy who makes her do things ....
on December 19, 2006
This is one of the scary movies I saw as a young kid, I remember being afraid of Hugo for weeks. I was recently surprised to find it on DVD and bought it immediately, the story it still creepy considering the time when it was conceived and filmed but don't expect great cinematography or acting in fact I think the support actors Norma Lazareno and Aldo Monti did a better job than the leading actors and a special mention to the little girl who played Silvia who did a good job in a couple of scenes. FYI: the boy who played Hugo [Pablo Carrillo] is a famous sports comentator in Mexico for "Grupo Imagen" and "Fox Sports en Español"
on October 2, 2013
the movie was ok. Its very dynamic in a monotone kind of way. The characters play a big part in the whole story
on April 2, 2010
Another case of a Mexican cult movie that doesn't exist in this country...This is a must see for all the fans of the Suspense/Horror genre...a classic....Carlos Enrique Taboada presenting his masterpiece.