Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

55%
45%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on August 18, 1999
For those who want a natural way to wake up each morning, this CD is the one. The songs are so intense that this is the first CD(and sometimes, the only one)that I listen to each day. Wichy(Camacho)and Herman(Olivera)help set the mood. Try "Cafe", "Donde Esta Mi Negra", and "Para Que Escuchen".
on April 27, 2003
I'm African American from LA. I'm also a timbalero. I've spent some time New York in my life (Bronx, Brooklyn ). This album is must for percussionist and lovers of "Jazz Latino" and yes it's a staple for my collection. I practice to all numbers on this album and come off confident to play any gig!! What's unique is that Eddie pays homage to the sounds of the Bomba y Plena a dance found in Puerto Rico among Black Puerto Ricans(Cubans as well) I saw this in the pueblo called Loiza, Puerto Rico wile visting some friends. Eddie keeps it real. The brass and rythms sections are infectious as well as his piano playng!!. Eddie, I miss Charlie your brother along with "El Rey" Tito Puente!! hey folks order it you will not be disapointed!!! Thanks Amazon.com
on April 25, 1999
This album is full of Eddie Palmieri's great latin piano stylings. My favorite is the guajira "Cafe" he literally melts the CD with his playing. The bandmembers are also top notch.
on June 9, 2004
I run in a small circle of salseros puros from many different generations. Ask any of them and they will tell you that Eddie Palmieri is the best. I can't forget Papo Luca, but that's a different review. You can't beat the old school classic salsa. That's plain and simple. But everything in context.
At the time this album came out, circa 1998, it was a breath of fresh air for all of us salsa aficionados. Musicians, dancers, aficionados alike. This album pays tribute to many roots of música latina. Not only the bomba and plena from Puerto Rico, but see also Malagueña Salerosa (previously of Los Panchos).
For everything this album is; arrangements, lyrical content, vocal guests, and, of course, Eddie; this is one of my all time favorite ablums in my collection - all genres included.
His best all time album? I don't know.
His best current album? Definitely.
VINE VOICEon July 1, 2001
Its been a while since I bought a salsa CD so when I saw this on the rack I decided to give it a shot. I am not very knowledgeable about Eddie Palmieri, but am familiar with work he's done with Cal Tjader and Tito Puente so I at least expected a decent album. I am not disappointed. El Rumbero del Piano sizzles from start to finish. My favorites are Cafe, a fabulous upbeat arrangement of the Mexican classic Malaguena Salerosa, Donde Esta Mi Negra, and La Llave. The only letdowns are the rather mundane and jejune lyrics which unfortunately inform much of the genre. But if you don't understand Spanish, so what? I give this four stars for the quality of the music with its constant stream of horn and piano-driven energy that just won't permit the listener to sit still.
on December 9, 2003
Eddie may never again achieve the pinnacle he attained in his days with Barry Rogers; nonetheless, this album is likely to please his fans. It certainly did this one. I think a notable point in the album is with the very first cut, Sube. After a rather pedestrian introduction, so typical of what passes for Salsa today, the orchestra is temporarily suspended while a piano montuno builds tension, signaling the transition to vintage New York Latin music. For the rest of the number, the veteran Salsa aficionado is on familiar ground and all is once more well with the Latin music scene.
on September 22, 2003
This is Eddie's first salsa CD since 1987's "The Truth/ La Verdad" and it is chock-full of swinging, searing-hot salsa and Latin jazz. How refreshing to find a CD like this one at a time when salsa romantica rules. This is what real salsa music is all about.
on September 29, 2005
Para mí es el mejor album de Eddie. El tumbao del piano es magnífico. Aporrea el piano con guante de seda, es una contradicción pero es así. A destacar dos versiones, "Malagueña salerosa" y "Ne me quites pas". No puede faltar en una salsoteca que se precie.
on September 14, 1999
Eddie and the band swing big time with a lot of "Sabor". Check out "Malaguena Salerosa, El Dueno Del Monte and Donde Esta Mi Negra!
on February 25, 2012
Este es un album solido en cuanto a mi gusto se refiere. Todas las canciones son buenas pero las razones por las cuales compre este album fue "La Llave", y la excelente cancion " Para Que Escuchen".