Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 16, 2007
This book has all kind of information - almost everything you ever wanted to know about Oblivion. First, the walkthroughs and discussion about character creation are very valuable and in-depth. There's information on every quest line, every major area, maps of everything - everything you need is in here...

However, what it lacks is a more comprehensive index. Say you're in the middle of a quest, you run across an obscure plant you've never seen, and want to know what to do with it? No index entry. How about a person in town who's important to a quest, but you're not sure which one? No index. You pick up an object and it says its a quest item, for a quest you don't have. Want to find out which quest it is? Too bad, unless you want to read through them all.

Basically, its nice to have the maps and such to refer to, but without better ways to find the info in this book, its not anywhere near the useful tool it could be.

Final prognosis - if you're really interested in getting walkthroughs for all the quests, etc, buy this book. If you want to be able to get at specific info, google is a better friend to have.
on March 8, 2007
The guide puts a lot of the difficult decisions into convenient grids so you can make the optimal choices. I have been able to find every quest that I have had questions about and the guide tells you alternative paths so you don't have to save and reload just to figure them out.
on May 9, 2007
This game guide is a great extra if you own the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game. I have it for the PS3, but it covers all systems. It has great tips and walk throughs for the entire game. Especially helpful on those areas that you might get caught up on, or if you're just looking for some additional information on areas that you think you might be missing things in. It has very detailed explanations, very easily followed as well as some good screen shots to go along with it. One of the better game guides I've purchased, I Highly recommend getting it if you own the game.
on August 13, 2007
The guide is well put together, I borrowed a friends and I had to have my own. If your indecisive on whether or not to get the game after reading this guide and seeing how large and in depth the world of Oblivion is the decision should not be a hard one.....Get the game, get the book in any order.
on February 17, 2015
Exactly what I needed. Just referred to it this morning. And the price was right! Started out with Skyrim (and the official guide) and decided to try Oblivion. I might even like it better than Skyrim!
on October 21, 2013
I'm a senior citizen who just got started to play video games and I'm really enjoying them (for seniors they help to keep the mind sharp and are great for hand eye coordination). While most games are intuitive if you just employ some critical thinking and reasoning, sometimes you get stuck and here's where these guides come in handy. I hate to give up on a game and want to see it all the way through, so I recommend these guides, but resist in taking the easy way out and only use them when necessary.
on March 24, 2013
I have been captured!
And its by this game.
This software is 8 years old and its still an amazing adventure game.
I just made it to the end of the main quest but it still has much more to offer.
The equipment you can obtain is a very satisfying feature.
Some of the quest scenarios are down right hilarious.
Right now I'm a holy knight, next time I play this I'm coming back as a bad guy.
on October 14, 2007
For a printed guide for such an in depth game, this book is well worth the money. If you don't have the internet or even if you do, this book is a must have for people that have the game. The internet is a great place to find some of the same information, but sometimes I find myself looking in the book for stuff I cannot find online. Both are great resources for for the game. I recommend buying this book if you own the game. Must have for Oblivion fans.
on December 17, 2013
It documents very well the decisions the player can make through the game, what equipment is available, and where every important location of note is in the game. While it doesn't have maps for the individual dungeons, it does give detailed steps on how to get through them, which actually adds to the fun because you still have to find it yourself; plus, the book is a mammoth as it is, so not having the extra pages is actually refreshing. It does have maps for the overworld and the towns, though. This book lets you know about the immense depth the game has to offer, and helps you make decisions to let you play the way you want to play.
on June 7, 2014
This game and a new computer were the Graduation gifts for my son when he finished college. I gave them to him the day after Graduation on the 10th of May and haven't seen come out of his room since. Every once in a while I knock on his door and toss a bag of chips towards the bed and he gives me a grunt which I am interpreting to be a "thank you". It must be a winner.