Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2011
Excellent book about the 2012 Presidential election, which is in its infancy. This book is set to be the first of a three or four part series of downloadable e-books about the election. These e-books will then be turned into a paper book which will be released following the outcome of the election.

Book was very up to date, ending with a mention of the Herman Cain sexual harassment hullabaloo and the start of the Occupy Wall Street protests. The book didn't manage to get in Rick Perry's recent poor debate performance where he couldn't name the federal agencies he'd eliminate.

All in all the book was a good read, and I am especially interested in the idea of it.

A few things that I wish had been included:

When discussing the Tea Party movement, there was little mention of the intellectual forces behind the movement. I read with interest the portion discussing Dick Armey, but I was surprised to see no mention of Friedrich Hayek. I'll never forget a Dick Armey speech I saw on C-SPAN back in early 2010, where he encouraged those who didn't understand the Tea Party movement to, "Read Hayek! Read, "The Road to Serfdom!". After that I began to watch a great deal of Tea Party speeches, and began noticing repeated references to Hayek.

The e-book also contained no reference to Ayn Rand, either. This omission is made in spite of the fact that "I am John Galt" posters became a common site at Tea Party rallies.

Rand's popularity following the financial crisis was an odd, and little discussed fact. Even Mark Sanford, the 2012 GOP contender who lost his chance to run because of his relationship with a South American woman, emerged from political exile to write a Newsweek op-ed about the Conservative movement, and, yes, Ayn Rand.

The voters who were embracing the Tea Party movement were clearly fired up intellectually, and no one has really been able to explain the intellectual aspect of it very well.

It was good to see Keli Carender mentioned, but unless I was mistaken, there was no mention of the video of her that went viral!

Carender came to attention, in the Seattle area at least, after a YouTube video of her screaming at Congressman Norm Dicks became popular on YouTube.

All in all a good read, I look forward to reading more. These were my impressions as I read it.
on March 11, 2012
This was the most concise and complete compilation of "current events" from the political world I have ever seen. It was very easy to read and believe it or not...riveting reading. As I said in my title...I can't wait for Part II. This election year is the most nerve wracking I have ever lived through. Just hope the ones with the white hats win...
on December 28, 2011
Even before the first vote is cast, this insightful look at the early campaign tells us why the candidates are doing what they are doing and what is driving the voters. Makes you want to read the chapters still to come.
on June 4, 2012
Admittedly I"m guilty of being a Washington insider after 25 years running strategy on campaigns. Often the reason things happen in a campaign are very difficult for the public to understand. Carl Cannon is spelling it out simply and clearly. Cannon is the insider's insider. He's spent a lifetime with a keen intellect watching the process, the attacks, the answers and the public. Anyone who wants to fully understand where this presidential race stands today as a way to figure out where it goes over the Summer and Fall should read this ASAP.
on December 8, 2011
This is a terrific behind the scenes look at the beginning of the 2012 campaign. These are two guys who really know their stuff!
on March 18, 2012
Great insight into the political scene and it's charactors. Kept my interest though the whole thing. I highly recommend this for anyone with even a slight interest in politics.
on November 24, 2012
Unbiased review of the 2012 Presidential Election, particularly from the Republican side through the primaries. Great way to boil 18 months down to an afternoon read!