Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 527 questions
votes
I grind up a piece of bread or two. It picks up both the spice bits and odors.
Dec 16, 2013 by JTV
votes
I grind flax seed with this grinder. It turns flax seed in to a fine pulp I use for my smoothies. I use two tablespoons of flax seeds in this grinder at a time, pulse it a few times and then run it continuously for about 10 or so seconds and the flax seeds are nicely ground.
Jun 5, 2014 by Rick
votes
The bottom of the bowl where the blade is, is metal for about 1/2" to 3/4" in the deepest part in the center. Above that it is white plastic and the smoky colored plastic cap fits down into this area while grinding. My new grinder has no chipping, and my old Krups grinder, (same design, purchased and used since the mid '80's!) has only one tiny bit of chipping on the very edge of the plastic cap. But it was used daily grinding coffee beans. My old grinder has held up over those 30 years better than I have. LOL! The cap on my old grinder did not cloud up over time.
Nov 2, 2013 by L.M.
votes
It's such a reasonably priced machine. Even if they offered "cup" inserts, they would probably cost almost as much as the grinder. I purchased two separate grinders. I have black one for coffee and a white one for seeds, nuts, and spices.
Sep 10, 2013 by Linda Dale
votes
That the beans are not uniform is the only downside. Plus, you have to carefully time the process to not get it too fine. If you do French Press a lot, a burr grinder might be better. I used to have one, but I don't find the higher price fully justified replacing it once it broke. It might if I regularly did a lot of different coffee grinds. Otherwise I find with just a little experimentation I can find the sweet spot for most coffee using the blade grinder. To me the results are not that different than some might have us believe.
Apr 24, 2013 by dbeshplace
votes
It is 120v ~ 60Hz 200W. Hope that's helpful. :~)
Jul 29, 2014 by Bruce W. Bucholtz
votes
No, you have to wrap it around the grinder.
Mar 7, 2013 by lisa827
votes
I haven't tried cloves but I did grind whole cinnamon and it ground it to powder. I've never had fresh ground cinnamon it was so strong and I even mixed it with coffee beans for a cinnamon coffee.
Nov 30, 2012 by Robert from Arizona
votes
I keep the grinder for coffee for coffee alone. If we are talking about spices, there is often a sort of co-mingling in the course of a dish so it isn't that important if there is a little mix in the flavorings. I do wish it very carefully with detergent and water but would not guarrantee no cross-contamination.
Jan 8, 2014 by Cleopatrai
votes
I use this for dried items. It doesn't properly grind fesh herbs.
Aug 27, 2014 by B
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   53   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers