4.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing
First, for those of you who get nothing but a "light show", you may have the wrong app from the App Store. There are multiple apps there that sound the same in the description, but if you have the wrong one it won't even make the rotors turn. The one I found that works is called i-Copter.

This is a neat toy, but you need a good sized indoor space to fly it,...
Published on March 12, 2012 by T. Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Apple's IOS and some Androids only
The major issue with this toy is the APP/software that controls it via your phone or tablet.

After extensive testing as well as online research I can tell you that it works perfectly on Apple's IOS Iphone 4s, Ipad2 and Ipad3 (The application to get from the app store is called I-Copter)

As for Android based devices it only works fine (with the...
Published 21 months ago by Amr Selim

3.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Apple's IOS and some Androids only, July 25, 2012
This review is from: iFly Heli Gyro 3.5CH Electric RTF RC Helicopter (Controlled by iPhone and Android)

As for Android based devices it only works fine (with the I-flight app. from Google play, but not with the I-helicopter and there is no I-copter on Android) , also it will only work on the Android devices running any version of android from 2.2 to 3.0 so it is good to go on Android 2.2.x Froyo, Android 2.3.x Gingerbread and Android 3.x Honeycomb, But it will not work yet on ICS 4.0 or Jellybean 4.1.

The controller app uses the headphone socket piece (shipped with the heli)and needs you to put the music volume to the MAX. volume (Without playing music)
I believe that the main issue with Android 4.0 and 4.1 lies with the music or sound effects because you can not turn these effects to "OFF" but you can only choose "normal" , the difference is that on all other previous android OS versions you could switch those effects off completely.

A software update is becoming necessary now.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing, March 12, 2012
T. Townsend (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

This is a neat toy, but you need a good sized indoor space to fly it, preferable with a soft floor and high ceiling. Take a little practice to learn to control it.

Also the battery life is short, you only get about 15 minutes of flight time before it needs to be recharged. I guess a small battery keeps the weight down.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO app works with it, April 8, 2013
Tried to use the app they recommended as well as about 10 others for iOS and none of them work on my iPhone 4s. AVOID this product - it is useless and they have no support - their email address goes into a black hole and gets returned to sender.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE Customer Service & Tech Support!!!, April 10, 2013
paul (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars
World Tech Toys phone # 818-675-9001 ...........leave a message, maybe they'll call...NOT!!!

Got heli to function using iPhone until the top rotor sheared off. Never could get to work on Android phone. What a waste of time and money!!! No help from World Tech Toys.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to want to run properly., April 8, 2012
Bought elsewhere for $30 - same trouble as other reviewers - downloaded app for both iPod and Android with zero luck. Chopper lights up no problem, both transmitter and chopper seem to charge properly (usb charger lights change when battery charged). I'll keep plugging away at it, but this is my third mini chopper of similar construct and all three have been lacklustre. First worked for a while, second couldn't get enough lift to be usable, and this one is a dud. Generally speaking just make sure you can return it if it fails to work.

1.0 out of 5 stars I got nothing but a light show, February 28, 2012
Kirk (WOODBURY, CT, United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased three of these things brand new from woot.com. charged one up and downloaded the android app for my phone and tablet. after a few hours of charging, I excitedly set it all up for it's virgin flight. I turning on the heli (which produced alot of neat blinking lights). I plugged the IR device into my phone. I launched the app, and... nothing. I tried the same approach to the other helicopters that I purchased. again nothing. I tried it with two other phone types and a xoom tablet. still no success. what a waste. My recommendation would be to stay away from this heli.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!, December 1, 2013
This is one instance where I wish Amazon allowed a zero-star rating. The helicopter simply does not work. I've tried several different apps on an iPhone, iPad, and Android phone. Do not buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Zero Product Support, December 27, 2012
Wally Johnsey (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I got this as a gift and, as many have stated, it does not work with my Android phone (ICS) or Android tablet (Gingerbread). I've tried several different apps with no luck. The transmitter lights and I see the bulbs lit when I view through the webcam but the helicopter does not respond at all. The company website (World Tech Toys) offers no support at all. Amazon won't do a return because it's through a 3rd party. They gave me the company's phone number but no one answers and the voice mailbox is full so you cannot even leave a message. I think I'm stuck with this thing. I'll find a friend with an iPhone and see if it works for them. Shame on Amazon for shafting customers with this 3rd party seller.
Also, I have a Helo TC made by Griffin and it works well with my Android phone and tablet. So the problem is with this specific product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely download i-Copter App!, May 3, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Thank you to the reviewer who recommended the i-Copter App. iFly (from the manufacturer) and others did nothing, i-Copter worked perfectly. After at least an hour reading directions, looking for videos online, and trying every app we could find with no response from the helicopter. We finally stumbled across this review and this app worked perfectly. The kids are all having fun with the thing now as they should. Thank you again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last...., February 20, 2014
I bought two on a woot special and not surprisingly, these are not holding up. Fortunately we have the iDevice so the app worked easily enough. Both my 11 and my 16 year old figured out how to use them pretty well enough and quickly enough.

I was a little surprised, but what broke first had nothing to do with a crash and a break in the cheap plastic. Rather with one of the toys there was a small drop and suddenly one of the 'calibrations' refused to 'calibrate'. At least I think that is what the offspring said. Basically, one of the internal monitors/controllers became unstable and just not functional.

Buyer beware, and unless you are a happy tinker-er I don't think this is the one to buy. We still have one working and it's fun, but based on ours, it has a 50% functioning rate less than a week after purchase. If you do buy it, makes sure you keep the packaging and materials so you can try a return if needed.

JTG