on January 27, 2013
It is very heavy 250 lbs? and arrives by truck on a pallet, plastic wrapped and in a box. The seating surfaces are soft black leather. The arm rests are very attractive wood with a hi gloss finish. Some assembly was required (the 2 arm rests install by hooking up the air hose that operates the arm air bags, then the arm rest simply pushed down and slid forward to engage a bunch of retaining ears, and a single screw fixes it in place. The control pad is a 1 bolt affair on the right armrest side. This thing is heaven to sit in. I have had a chronic back pain problem for 30 years and this is my 4th robotic massage chair. It has the typical robotic thing that goes up and down the back, but it is not as harsh as my other ones (which were all Human touch from Sharper image before they went chapter 11). I am not a light guy and was a little worried but fit into the seat perfectly (although no room to spare.) There are air bladders along the sides of the thigh that are pretty awesome. I do find 2 things that don't work for my weight and that is the calf muscle air bags don't have enough space for my large calves, so the air bags pinch the muscle. Also, the arm rests are hinged along the outside and you are supposed to fit your forearm in there for the air bag massage. My Popeye forearms don't fit. There is a button you can hit to disable the arm rest air bags. There is no vibration feature that I have found yet. But it does have a heater on the back pad (not sure how long that will last with the rollers hitting it) and on the foot bottom. Anyway, the thing has improved my back problem greatly in just a couple days so far. (I think I sat in this thing 3 hours straight yesterday!)
It is a little hard to get out of, since the foot rest is where you need to put your feet to stand up. The chair looks great, sort of an early Darth Vader come Captain Kirk motif. (clamshell enclosure and "The Force" not included) The instructions are pretty useless, unless you are looking for some comedy material about Chinese instructions having bad translators.
But to summarize, this is the best money I spent so far to fix my back, and it feels so good you will never want to step out of it. Darth Vader would have been a much nicer guy if he had had this chair!
Just wanted to add that after having the chair for about 2 months now, it is still working fine. I found that I can fit my arms pretty much in the arm massagers now. You just have to recline the back a bit more to make the arm fit in the armrest properly. Also, getting out of the chair has become easy after a bit of practice. I found another feature that took a while to find. Once you get the massage going, hit that knee stretch button or whatever it is called (button is on the outside of the flip cover and to the right side. The display will show a knee with an arrow. Awesome lower back stretch happens, when it grabs the legs and hips with the air bags and then lowers the footrest.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2015
There is not enough to say about this chair and how impressed I am of it. First off I'm a real person not a machine fake "this chair is amazing everyone should buy it" type person I don't work for the company & I'm not getting paid to say only good things. I am only going to write the Truth...start off with the pros & cons of each thing I found important in a massage chair...
Pro:the chair came in 1 week exactly almost down to the time I ordered. I live in ohio & I think it was suppose to come from California the delivery guy said.
Con:the order said to expect in 3 weeks. It gave me 1 expectant date after saying 2 weeks then a few days later the date changed Again & the guy calls me & says your getting it tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I love fast delivery but I was planning on getting it on my fiancées birthday & it came 2 weeks before it completely ruined all my plans of surprise him.
Pro: the quality of the chair is amazing the faux Leather,I think it is, the whole chair does not look cheap in any way.
Con:the chair is soft & comfy but it is a little stiff if your just sitting in it not something I think I'd want to lounge in unless the heat or the chair is on & working.
Pro:it's pretty tall my fiancé is just shy of 6'2 & he's like 220lbs and he fits in it comfortably so does his arms.
Con:if you are taller than 6'2 or shorter than 5'5 you might not get enough of the stretching mode unless the chair is laying back all the way. My legs hang I'm 5,4 & his bend but stick out a little.
The box is 220lbs the ad say 300 it's not & some ppl say In the reviews say it's 250 it's not. I'm 5'4 135lbs I don't lift weights & I can push & pull it around.if you can lift your living room couch you can lift the box wouldn't recommend doing it by yourself though.
If your getting the chair with free shipping it is a "curb side" delivery. Meaning they take it to the end of the truck & YOU need to get it off the truck & take it in your house they don't assist with anything else unless you sign a paper saying you want more help & it starts at 35$.
The chair is pretty much together you just need to screw in like everyone says the arms hook up the tubes & the screen. Also there is one wire from the back rest cushion that hooks up to the inside crack of the chair where your but goes...Then plug up & it's ready to go. There is no big battery pack on the power cord it's just a cord & it's about 4-5 feet if I could guess.
The machine has a few different settings with different variations of massage all pretty strong & all up the back from in between the legs under your butt all the way up to the top of my head 5'5. My 6'2 tall fiancée says it goes to the top of the back of his head.
The massage can get very intense. If it's too strong you can adjust it no problem. I sometimes like it strong or gentle whatever floats your boat. The arms hips & feet are all very tight air bags that adjust to your size... Amazing!! You can life the armrest up & put your arms in it gives quite a bit of space but neither I or my fiancé have huge forearms or calfs & the air bags weren't too tight.
The brown color I ordered is a very dark brown but it does not look black we have brown fireplace & wood all around the house corners & our tables are also dark chestnut/creamy tree bark colored wood & it matches perfect. :)
I have only had the chair for a few hours & I'm very impressed so far. I did so much research for an amazing chair for a bargain price & I lucked out with this. I was afraid to make suck a huge transaction online but it was the best buy & it was definitely worth it!!! I took a chance & I was so nervous waiting for the delivery scared it would be the wrong chair or I just wouldn't get it at all & the company was going to be some scam but it's not!
I will add more info after a few weeks of having it if anything has changed I know forgot lots of features. Email me Princessb684@gmail.com if you have any questions.
review image review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 25, 2013
I just received the massage chair and overall I'm impressed. First the delivery - they deliver it on a palette and don't take it into your home, so I had my handyman come and install it (including lifting the 250 pound chair up the stairs). Its a royal bitch to get up the stairs and the chair is so wide that they had to take the door off the room it was going into.

The instruction manual is all but worthless. The chair itself has 3 programs - fatigue relieving, pain relieving and comfortable mood. Less programs than a lot of the top end chairs, but, to be honest I'm not sure how much the programs change all that much anyway. The chair comes with heat which is applied to the soles of the feet and to the sides of the lower back when it is turned on. You can't turn on just one area, so when its on its on in both places.

The biggest disappointment on the chair (other than the instructions) is that the foot massage does not have rollers at the bottom of the feet - it uses only air bags on the side and bottom of the feet. Top end chairs (like Brookstones' Osim models) generally have rollers on the soles of the feet.

The other chair I was considering was Brookstone's uastro 2, so now that I've received this chair and also tried the uAstro 2 in Brookstone's, I can tell you the differences. First, the uAstro 2 has rollers on the bottom of the foot massage and it has a device that goes around your neck and provides a limited neck massage (doesn't move up, down or sideways, just presses in on 2 spots on the side of the neck) and the device also presses down slightly on the shoulders. It also has airbags that go around the sides of the shoulders to put pressure on the sides of the shoulders, which this chair does not. The rollers on the back of the uAstro 2 also go about an inch or 2 further down on the back and into the upper butt. The uAstro 2 also has a lot more programs - maybe 20 or so, though as I wrote above, I don't know how much of a difference there is between the the different programs. The uAstro also moves the whole chair up or back so that your back maintains position relative to the seat (zero gravity reclining?), while on this chair the seat remains stationary and the back of the chair reclines.

This chair has a calf massager (using air bags) while the uAstro 2 does not and this chair has a single roller that goes up the middle of the butt from the seat up through the very low back, which initially seemed pretty limited, but works well with the combination of the other rollers going down the back at the same time (it kinds of sandwiches your back between the rollers coming down from the top and the single roller going up from the bottom).

Other than these factors I'd say the 2 chairs are pretty similar - the back massages are similar (this chair might give a slightly stronger massage than the uAstro 2), the arm massages are pretty similar (air bags) and the foot massages are similar except for the lack of rollers on the soles. As I wrote above this chair has a calf massage, while the uAstro does not and the uAstro has air bags on the side of the shoulders while this chair does not.

Overall I'd say the uAstro 2 is a little better, mostly because of the rollers in the foot massage, but also because the rollers on the back go down into the top of the butt and it provides a very limited neck massage and the way it reclines is better in that it provides a more consistent massage regardless of the level of reclining. That being said the uAstro 2 is $3500 delivered and this chair is $1050 delivered (although you'll need help getting it into your house, which might cost a little more money). If price is no object and you want the very best chair get the uAstro 2 (which I like better than Brookstone's udivine model, which is another $1,000 more), but if you want to save some serious money and get a chair that's almost as good for 1/3rd the price then get this chair.

Update: I just went to Brookstones and again tried the uAstro 2 and I wanted to update the info above. In addition to the differences above, the uAstro 2 massage mechanism is a little smoother than this chair, it has airbags aside the waist (which this chair does not), it has vibration for the arms, which this chair does not, and it has separate airbags for the hands and the arms, while this chair has a single airbag for the hands and arms (so the uAstro will do the hands separately from the arms). On the other hand, this chair has this lower back/thigh stretch, while the uAstro does not, and has heat on the bottom of the feet, which the uAstro does not. All in all, I think this chair's back massage is actually a little better. After using this chair on the comfortable massage setting, I'm practically falling asleep, which isn't true with the uAstro 2 on the relax setting. I still think the uAstro 2 is a little better chair overall, but I think the back massage on this chair is a little better.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 10, 2013
I purchased this chair about 6 months ago and it hasn't worked since day one. I tried replacing the fuse like the manual had suggested but the chair still will not power on. I called the makers company which had told me the best they could do was send me about $50 to help cover the bill for someone to come repair it but id have to call and find them myself. the money isnt an issue tho, I have no clue who to call for the repair and the company doesnt have anyone to recommend.if anyone does know who to all then please let me know! Would hate to have to ship it back but it's been just sitting since I've got it.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 25, 2014
the chaired worked for 2 months. contacted the maker and they asked that i buy an ohms meter and figure it out. now they are saying i have to ship it back on my dime . 300 bucks not worth it
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 13, 2013
We bought 2 massage chairs (one for my sister and the other for me). The one arrived for me has been working perfectly and I am very satisfied; however, the other for my sister didn't work correctly on arrival. We contacted BestMassage, and after a few weeks, my sister received a replacement chair. The company sent a truck to come and pick up the one that didn't work. The transactions and deliveries were very smooth and at no cost to my sister. It took us a few calls to get to BestMassage's customer service; however, the lady who helped us was very nice and courteous. We really appreciate the professional service. Both of our massage chairs are working great, and we are very happy customers. The massage chair is heavy, so it's best to have at least 2 strong people carrying it in. Suggest you would take the chair out of the box before carry it inside the house to make it lighter and easier to go through doors. The hook up was very simple. These are our first massage chairs. They are affordable, easy to operate, and we highly recommend them!

Best,

IMD1
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 17, 2013
Product did not work as advertised. Control pad was faulty, causing sporadic malfunctions. There is no way to deal with a malfunctioning chair in the field, so it must be shipped back for replacement or refund. This caused me great disappointment and no small amount of aggravation.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 1, 2013
I was a little hesitant to buy a massage chair online, because if it didn't work well, I was worried I'd have to send it back. This massage chair is better than most massage chairs I have tried costing over $3000. You can adjust the intensity of the massage as a whole, or for each individual action, just read the instructions to find out how to do it. There are a lot of settings that can be adjusted. Controls are pretty good once you figure them out. Build quality is top notch, The "leather" feels premium, which was a bit surprising to me. Assembly was easy, took about 10 minutes once I got it in place. They freight it, and won't help you move it in. It is 250lbs, so you will need 2 capable bodies to help carry it in.

Very Very happy with this purchase!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 19, 2014
I spent almost 2 months researching a replacement for my 10 year old massage chair.

I fell in love with the second chair in which I sat. Namely, the Inada Sogno Dreamwave. Unfortunately at $8,000 plus, it was not in my budget.

After much research I found a chair for $2800 and a different model for $1800.

Since I pay off my credit card each month I decided to get the $1800 chair rather than waiting 4 or 5 months to save up for the $2800 chair. As I was doing my last confirmation that I was getting the best value, I stumbled upon this BestMassage chair for just over $1,000 delivered.

I am completely satisfied with my purchase. It arrived from California to my house in rural Washington State after 6 business days.

Pretty much everything everyone else has commented on is true so I won't repeat everything here. Someone did say it is made of leather, but it looks like a very good leather-like vinyl to me. It is heavy, the box did not fit through my sliding glass door. It took me about 20 minutes to assemble. But now that I know you only lift the back up and screw in the 2 side arm tops, I could probably assemble it in 2-5 minutes. The Knee stretch button should really be called a knee bend, appears to be an early version of the Thai Stretch now available on some chairs. It doesn't do much for me as it doesn't move the legs down enough (even though there is room) to make much difference. Basically the seat, calf and foot pads inflate to pin your lower body and then the foot stool hydraulically lowers about 40 degrees. If if went down about 80 degrees then there might be some real pulling on your hips and back instead of simply bending your knees.

I am 5' 5" and weigh just over 300 lbs. I just barely fit width-wise (no surprise there!) and have to do a bit of wiggling to get a comfortable seat. The leg and foot massage area openings are extremely tight and do squeeze my legs very hard, but after a few days I decided I liked the firm pressure.

The chair appears to be very well built and is quiet with only some muted whirling as the rollers move and hissing as the air pads inflate and release. It is truly a time machine as 20 minutes spent in it's comfortable grasp feel like less than 10 minutes have gone by.

Is this as good as the Inada Chair? Of course not. But this one is probably 60-70% as good for only one-eighth the cost which is why I believe this is the best massage chair you can get at it's price point. Apparently the manufacturer agrees as the chair is named "BestMassage" on box.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2014
You will not receive the chair you order. He will give you a run around then after your waste time and your nerves will refund the money! Stay away! Amazon, you should screen the sellers a little better, read the other customer`s comments (not the 5star ones about receiving a cat litter box, but for the massage chair ones!) I left E-bay for this reason once, because they don`t screen the sellers at all! I was a happy on-line shopper before, but now I`m going to think 100 times before buying anything on-line!
Amazon, please pay attention to the 1 star comments, contact me for further info if you need. marinajones2004@yahoo.com
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...